What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book of bedtime story, post 9'oclock, centred around nursery rhymes [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shruttima (new)

Shruttima Ehersa | 3 comments Please help me!!! I shall go mad otherwise! I think I read it in 1999. It was a beautifully illustrated book but the illustrations were predominantly silhouettes, in black and red and blue.

The first story that I vaguely remember was about a town where everyone had to sleep before 9,or else a monster would come. Another about a boy found in a basket made of grass outside an orphanage. Another was centred around a baby on a tree top. yet another about a girl whose father gives her a mockingbird and a blue ball with yellow stars. And the final one was about a boy who had four angels to his bed. They are all centred around rhymes or hymns and I can't remember it! There might also be one about a girl with long strong blonde hair, and I think she gave she strand to someone.. Please help! I am a 23 year old grown ass woman who feels that I can't go on without knowing this. :P

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Do you remember the cover?
Were the stories by different authors?
Did the illustrations: fill the whole page, on every page, one per story, etc?

message 3: by Shruttima (new)

Shruttima Ehersa | 3 comments Hi Tab, :)

The Cover again was full of silhouette artwork. Figures in black against blue/red backgrounds. I think it was one author only. And the illustrations were throughout the book, not separate pages but rather alongside the text only..

I realize this is super vague . Sorry! :(

message 4: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1213 comments I believe it is this: Past Eight O'Clock Goodnight Stories by Joan Aiken

You can see a better picture of the cover and read a review here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/past-eight-cl...

message 5: by Shruttima (new)

Shruttima Ehersa | 3 comments OMMMGGGGG!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!! Thank YOu!!!!!!!! THIS IS IT!!!!!!!! *Happy Dance*

message 6: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1213 comments You're very welcome. I'm glad it was the right book. That makes me happy. :-D