Books I Loathed discussion

My review is too long, blah-blah-blah ...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thorir2007 (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:52AM) (new)

Thorir2007 | 2 comments Hi, guys. I don't care about justice (not in this case, anyway). I was reviewing Tom Wolfe's "Bonfire of the Vanities," and I had to break it up into THREE parts, and cheat a little (pretending I was reviewing three different books). I understand that rules are rules, and birds are birds, and corrupt moronic politicians who insist on taking up air time in order to say meaningless things in front of the camera are corrupt moronic politicians who insist on taking up air time in order to say meaningless things in front of the camera. And yet, and yet ... I'm upset, that's all. The book is 800 pages long! What am I supposed to say, "Great stuff, read it!" or "I kind of enjoyed it, I'll bet you won't" - and leave it at that? My experience with this book is truly epic, if I say so. Thunder and lightning.

message 2: by Xysea (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:53AM) (new)

Xysea  (xysea) Is there a limit to how long a review can be? I'm a neophyte...

message 3: by David (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

David (david_giltinan) | 58 comments I too, wonder what the limit on a review might be, as I've written what seemed to me to be some fairly lengthy reviews. I have noticed that, when ordered by the "review" column, the book with the longest review appears first, and so on down to the shortest. This has caused me to pad a few reviews of books I've liked, to make them appear closer to the top of my list.

message 4: by Hayles:) (new)

Hayles:) | 2 comments from what i can see down the bottom of the comment box, there are around 11929 letters allowed per review, breaking that up into words though?? no idea :)