Veronika Decides to Die Veronika Decides to Die discussion

profound

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 10:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

sara This is a book that worth reading

message 2: by Anca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anca You're right . When I read it first,it didn't impress me at all. The second time, it said more than I expected it to.

Jeremy i know exacty what you mean - it hits you harder the second time around.

message 4: by KS (new) - rated it 5 stars

KS Same experience here too!!

Suge I read this book years ago and I remember being amazed by it. I haven't read it in years, and I'm thinking of picking it up again and giving it a read once more.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Veronika Decides to Die was definitely worth the read :)

Joana I've read it a few years ago, but yes it did leave a mark on me and I remember that the story made me re-think a lot about my own life... It's a very good book, though simple, which is something I really admire, but it has a great message.

message 8: by KS (new) - rated it 5 stars

KS hmmm it is very interesting, that every one have positive reviews only!!

Joana Krishnasekhar wrote: "hmmm it is very interesting, that every one have positive reviews only!!"

Did you find it bad?

Godiva3 I loved this book! I've read it 2 times and I also found it profound!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Krishnasekhar wrote: "hmmm it is very interesting, that every one have positive reviews only!!"

Coelho is a skilled writer!

message 12: by KS (new) - rated it 5 stars

KS Joana wrote: "Krishnasekhar wrote: "hmmm it is very interesting, that every one have positive reviews only!!"

Did you find it bad?"

Absolutely NO...and this is one of my favorite book,and as you said, this story will made everyone rethink a lot about their life.
I wondered because all of my friends who read the book, found it worth reading...may be that is not a big deal, but the interesting fact is that a few of them didn't like Coelho's much celebrated novel 'The Alchemist'!!!

message 13: by KS (new) - rated it 5 stars

KS Bephyer wrote: "Krishnasekhar wrote: "hmmm it is very interesting, that every one have positive reviews only!!"

Coelho is a skilled writer!"

affirmative!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Krishnasekhar wrote: "Joana wrote: "Krishnasekhar wrote: "hmmm it is very interesting, that every one have positive reviews only!!"

Did you find it bad?"

Absolutely NO...and this is one of my favorite book,and as you ..."

The Alchemist was a good novel, but I enjoyed some of Coelho's other books much more than I did the Alchemist. I am not surprised a few of your friends did not like The Alchemist.

message 15: by KS (last edited Feb 16, 2013 05:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

KS Bephyer wrote: "The Alchemist was a good novel, but I enjoyed some of Coelho's other books much more than I did the Alchemist. I am not surprised a few of your friends did not like The Alchemist"

Can you please share titles of the other books you mentioned above...?
My personal favorite books of Coelho's are The Alchemist Veronica Decides to Die and Eleven Minutes...

Joana Krishnasekhar wrote: "Bephyer wrote: "The Alchemist was a good novel, but I enjoyed some of Coelho's other books much more than I did the Alchemist. I am not surprised a few of your friends did not like The Alchemist"

..."

Eleven Minutes or The Devil and Miss Prym are really nice, but my favourite was, without a doubt, Zahir!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Joana wrote: "Krishnasekhar wrote: "Bephyer wrote: "The Alchemist was a good novel, but I enjoyed some of Coelho's other books much more than I did the Alchemist. I am not surprised a few of your friends did not..."

Joana we share similar views.

I enjoyed Eleven Minutes and The Devil and Miss Pyrm a lot..but I appreciated The Zahir and The Fifth Mountain much more. In my opinion The Zahir is Coelho's best work.

message 18: by Tash (new) - rated it 1 star

Tash Dahling I really detested this book. Too cliched. Most likely I'll be killed for dissing the Coelho, but his work just leaves me cold.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Tash wrote: "I really detested this book. Too cliched. Most likely I'll be killed for dissing the Coelho, but his work just leaves me cold."

Hehehe I don't think you'll be killed (well not by me anyway)..to each his or her own.

message 20: by KS (new) - rated it 5 stars

KS Tash wrote: "I really detested this book. Too cliched. Most likely I'll be killed for dissing the Coelho, but his work just leaves me cold."

Finally I met a person who does not like this book...!!

SpookySoto I love this book, it's my favorite of coelho's. I've read almost all of them, and some I completely forgot , but not this one or the Alchemist.
Now I'm reading the winner stands alone and I find it very good.

Rajiv I loved reading it.

message 23: by M (new) - rated it 2 stars

M I didn't care too much for this book. Even though it was short, it took ne ages to read cause I just didn't care about it at all. Veronika wasn't worth a story and even though it was more about the people around her, the story still was just unrelatable for me. I liked the initial idea, but some how it got lost for me. And the ending just made it worst. If Coelho's other books are similar to this I'm not gonna check them out anytime soon.

Zharko M wrote: "I didn't care too much for this book. Even though it was short, it took ne ages to read cause I just didn't care about it at all. Veronika wasn't worth a story and even though it was more about the..."

Looks like I'm not the only one.

Pratheek Reddy This is a book that is very lilting in its prose and is surely worth reading. I felt like I read a very beautiful poem after finishing this book. Very nice.

Angela I loved this book, I thought it was quite profound.

message 27: by Irene (new) - added it

Irene I finished reading By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept. Paulo Coehlo indeed an AMAZING writer. I can't wait to read Veronika Decides to Die

Gerry Pirani I wrote a full review of the book on my book shelf. Loved it, love to teach it.

message 29: by Irene (new) - added it

Irene Thanks Gerry!