Bookworm Belles discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Let's discuss Cinder

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bookworm Belles Moderators (BookwormBelles) | 88 comments Please feel free to make any comments, predictions and reviews here! Let's discuss Cinder.

message 2: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (kerrykathleen2) I just ordered the book yesterday, I can't wait to get it and start reading! All I know about it is that it is fairytale-like with cyborg machine things(???), but I have heard great things so I hope it lives upto the high standard!

message 3: by Nikita (last edited Feb 02, 2015 06:53AM) (new)

Nikita I recently finished Cinder and I liked it. It's not a favorite but I still liked it enough to want to finish the series. I liked the characters, even the ones you're meant to hate and I really hated Levena. I loved the world that Meyer created. To me it's not really a Cinderella story but has a much bigger story with a small hint of the fairy-tale in it.

Cinder is a great character, I like her. Iko is adorable. Kai is sweet and I like him. Again Levena, hate her so much.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire I'm currently caught up on this series and I can't wait for Fairest and Winter! Meyer is one of my new favorites!

message 5: by Ally (new)

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Cinder is the only one I've read in the series. I'm hoping to reread it this month so I can move on to the others.

message 6: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

Savannah (vannah18) | 1261 comments Mod
Lauren wrote: "I'm currently caught up on this series and I can't wait for Fairest and Winter! Meyer is one of my new favorites!"

Fairest just came out, and I'm waiting for pay day!

message 7: by Ally (new)

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Sia wrote: "Ally wrote: "Cinder is the only one I've read in the series. I'm hoping to reread it this month so I can move on to the others."

Did you enjoy the first time you read it?"

I did! I don't know that I would call it a favorite, but I really liked it.

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 400 comments I really enjoyed this book. I read it last year, I think. I liked the world setting and the characters.

message 9: by Katy (new)

Katy H (the_other_katy) | 223 comments I love this series. Seriously, it's kind of my new Harry Potter - I like it that much. I'll admit that I didn't read all of every book in 1 sitting as I did with H.P. but I was also less sick when I was reading the H.P. series and wasn't listening via Audiobook...I'm still equally excited about release dates and reading (hearing) these though!

message 10: by Ally (new)

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) I've read through Chapter 9. Will probably make a lot more progress today. Enjoying it the second time around. I like Cinder's character, and am curious to see what happens with the whole plague business, as well as what happens between her and Kai! Because, honestly, I don't remember that much....

message 11: by Ally (new)

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) On Chapter 17. It's really flying by. Cinder and Kai seem pretty similar in their stubbornness. Iko's quirkiness is endearing. Adri's character leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And I don't know much about Levana, but I know I'm not going to like her.

The story is good so far, but I'm hoping for more excitement.

message 12: by Ally (new)

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) On Chapter 19. I REALLY don't remember what happens. At all. Which is a good thing. Because OH MY GOODNESS THE SUSPENSE. (view spoiler)

message 13: by Bookworm Belles (new)

Bookworm Belles Moderators (BookwormBelles) | 88 comments Ally: I am glad you're loving this book so much! Thanks for talking about it

message 14: by Ally (new)

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) I am loving it! More than the first time, I think.

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Charity (new)

Charity | 124 comments I din't get to finish Cinder when I went to read it. So I'm rereading the parts that I know in suspence for the ending I missed out on the first time.

message 16: by Ally (new)

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Finished it. I had to change my four star rating to a five. And, I take back what I said earlier. This is definitely a favorite of mine. I already downloaded Scarlet to my Nook from my library.

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Charity (new)

Charity | 124 comments Lol, ugly is as ugly does.

message 18: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

Ally wrote: "Finished it. I had to change my four star rating to a five. And, I take back what I said earlier. This is definitely a favorite of mine. I already downloaded Scarlet to my Nook from my library."
I love this book too, I was skeptical because of all the hype, and lately hyped up books fall short, but this book even exceeded my expectations!

message 19: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

Charity wrote: "Lol, ugly is as ugly does."

What is this comment about Char??

message 20: by Charity (last edited Feb 08, 2015 06:20AM) (new)

Charity | 124 comments Ally wrote: "Finished it. I had to change my four star rating to a five. And, I take back what I said earlier. This is definitely a favorite of mine. I already downloaded Scarlet to my Nook from my library.

So..."

Read the spoiler and you'll get my comment.

message 21: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

Ahhh.. got it now... but both of you should read Fairest... you'll get a new perspective on Levana... trust me I hated her as much as you do now.. but as I'm reading Fairest, I hate her less... and sorta feel bad for her!! We'll see if I still feel that way at the end!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I just fell in love with Cinder and The Lunar Chronicles. I'm reading Scarlet now. They are so good !!

message 23: by Nikita (new)

Nikita I am also reading Scarlet and I'm like it more than I liked Cinder. I am really loving this series.

message 24: by Ally (new)

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) I started Scarlet as soon as I finished Cinder. Really loving it!

message 25: by Katy (new)

Katy H (the_other_katy) | 223 comments Savannah wrote: "Ahhh.. got it now... but both of you should read Fairest... you'll get a new perspective on Levana... trust me I hated her as much as you do now.. but as I'm reading Fairest, I hate..."

I have Fairest on my Kindle & am dying to listen to it BUT I ALSO still have The Maze Runner to finish (& my dad just rented the movie, so I'm kinda scrambling to finish it.) As well as Into the Veil, which is great so far, BTW!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I can't wait to read them all. I hope she writes more of the series after Winter comes out. I'm loving Scarlet already. When I first started Cinder I was hooked on the first few pages. That doesn't usually happen to me right off the bat. Cinder is so cool and to find out who she really is! At some point I was wondering if they were headed in that direction.

message 27: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

I thought they were at first too, Melissa, but then part way through I was like "nah, that can't be it" but I was so happy that they did!!! Marissa Meyer is a wonderful artist with her words. For being a YA book, it has such amazing language and voice that it still draws you in!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I know Savannah, I can't believe how amazing she writes. The series so far just blows me away!! I would love to see these made into a movie, but then I think sometimes they really mess up a good book making it into a movie.

message 29: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

If it were to be made into a movie, it's one where I for sure want the author completely involved in the production process!! I don't like it where they get the rights from the author and then don't involve the brain, that created the story in the first place, in making the story come to life!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Your absolutely right. It would be an awesome movie if they let her help on it. I don't see how at some point it wouldn't be considered as a movie.

message 31: by Katy (new)

Katy H (the_other_katy) | 223 comments I was hooked on this audiobook from the beginning too. It was un-pause-able! (I also loved Scarlet and really loved Cress!) I'm really looking forward to starting Fairest and getting Winter!!! Seriously, Marissa Meyer might bemy favorite author since J.K. Rowling.

message 32: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

Melissa wrote: "Your absolutely right. It would be an awesome movie if they let her help on it. I don't see how at some point it wouldn't be considered as a movie."

Maybe it has been, but she won't give the rights? Or can't find producers, things like that have stopped it before

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Katy wrote: "I was hooked on this audiobook from the beginning too. It was un-pause-able! (I also loved Scarlet and really loved Cress!) I'm really looking forward to starting Fairest and getting Winter!!! Seri..."

I agree with you Katy! She has actually become one of my favorite authors. The books grab me from the first page :-)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.