Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Event (Event Group Thriller #1)
This topic is about Event
Group Reads Archive > February 2015 Alien Invasions Group Read: Event by David Lynn Goleman *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Feb 24, 2015 04:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4746 comments Mod
We will be reading Event this month. Please feel free to join the discussion!

Discussion Questions

1. What were you feelings about the beginning of the book? How well does it set up the ongoing story?
2. Did you like the characters? What did you appreciate about the characterization? What were the shortcomings? Who was the most standout character for you and why?
3. Tell us your thoughts about The Event Group.
4. Was this story predictable or did you throw you for a few loops?
5. The action scenes...Did you think it was well-paced, exciting or not so much?
6. Did this book meet your expectations as far as an alien invasions story? How does it take a different slant on aliens or it is 'run of the mill' in that regard?
7. Your overall thoughts about this book. What did you like best about the novel? The least? Rating out of 1-10 or 1-5 stars?
8. Will you keep reading these books? Why or why not?
9. Other series you'd recommend like this book?

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael | 449 comments This is a re-read for me, a book that I enjoyed very much the first time I read it. Even better with a re-read.

message 3: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - added it

Lisa P | 1984 comments Mod
I'm going to be starting this one soon...looking forward to it.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - rated it 4 stars

I started this late last week and it's pretty good so far. Very interesting idea.

I can see me continuing this series.

Travis (travistousant) | 362 comments I got half way and set it down a little over a week ago. Just remembered about it today. Starting to get into it now. It was a bit slow at first for me. Now it is alien fighting time

message 6: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - added it

Lisa P | 1984 comments Mod
I just started this and got to the "vaults" introduction part...very cool and intriguing!

Magiccats | 280 comments I will give it another try. Started it yesterday but the beginning wasn't pulling me in so I started looking for another book. Will give it a second chance today.

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael | 449 comments I think I remember it was a bit slow for me on the first read. It's a re-read now, so I know what's coming and don't notice it.

Travis (travistousant) | 362 comments The second half is much better as it is all action battling the aliens. The first half didn't impress me much at all.

message 10: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) | 5327 comments Mod
I have read this before too. the forward about the military is worth reading too. second half...hold on to your hat...first half keep a pot of coffee handy.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Feb 19, 2015 02:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The beginning is a bit slow. I feel that the book finds it feet about 1/3 to 1/2 in. I finished this day before yesterday and I enjoyed it. I agree with Hugh. It was hard to put it down. I ended up staying up later than I should have (since I had to get up early the next day) because I wanted to finish the book.

I will try to post some questions soon.

Tim The Enchanter | 119 comments definitely enjoyed this one. It has a x files meets Warehouse 13 feel. I have read a few other in the series and I noticed an improvement in his writing by the 3rd book.

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tim "The Enchanter" wrote: "definitely enjoyed this one. It has a x files meets Warehouse 13 feel. I have read a few other in the series and I noticed an improvement in his writing by the 3rd book."

That's good to know, Tim.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - rated it 4 stars

So I picked up the next book in this series from the library today. Not like I have all this spare time to read it, but yeah....

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael | 449 comments I had my library request the next two (finishing this story line)through inter-library loan as they don't have them. Waiting now.

Magiccats | 280 comments It has definitely picked up and am now enjoying it. Glad I stayed with it.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Discussion Questions are up. Feel free to add questions!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Event (other topics)