Beyond Reality discussion

The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth’s Past #1)
This topic is about The Three-Body Problem
Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > THE THREE-BODY PROBLEM: Roll Call and First Impressions (*NO SPOILERS*)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments Please let us know if you've read or are planning to read The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin.

Please, **NO SPOILERS!!**

Christine | 594 comments I'm about to start today; this will be the first time I've read with the group

message 3: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity (snappingturtle) | 12 comments Planning to read this, already loaded on my Kindle.

Barb (barbtrek) | 40 comments I have a copy, looking forward to getting started.

Marty (martyjm) | 310 comments I will read, although I am very slow right now.

message 6: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathi | 3153 comments Mod
I am not planning to read this, but the author has an article about what it's like to write SF in China, if anyone is interested: http://io9.com/this-is-what-its-like-...

Christine | 594 comments I am almost halfway through this book and am confused; perhaps we are supposed to be confused. I thought the countdown stopped when he stopped his machine? I'm getting lost in the technicalities but believe I can follow the storyline without understanding the science

Justine (justinejustine) | 563 comments I'm about 25% through this…not confused, but not sure yet if its my cup of tea. I'm planning on sticking with it though. :)

This is my first group read, so I am looking forward to that part of it.

message 9: by Christine (last edited Feb 06, 2015 04:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Christine | 594 comments I'm not sure it is my cup of tea either, but am intrigues enough to continue (despite just getting Rothfuss's newest book from the library)

Justine (justinejustine) | 563 comments The Slow Regard of Silent Things? You can take breaks and read that in the in-betweens…kind of suits the Rothfuss book :)

message 11: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick (doily) | 966 comments Justine wrote: "The Slow Regard of Silent Things? You can take breaks and read that in the in-betweens…kind of suits the Rothfuss book :)"

I wonder how this book compliments the Rothfuss? Maybe in the "finished" thread you can explain for those of us with curious minds and no time to read anything extra.

message 12: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 3 stars

I just picked this up as a Tor.com free eBook, so it's on my list to read, maybe yet this summer.

message 13: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2174 comments Mod
You will like it! I need to get my hands on the rest of the trilogy.

message 14: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill Kathi wrote: "I just picked this up as a Tor.com free eBook, so it's on my list to read, maybe yet this summer."

Same here.

message 15: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shel wrote: "You will like it! I need to get my hands on the rest of the trilogy."

I thought it was a stand-alone. Being part of a trilogy will bump it down the list, I'm afraid, since I'm still slowly working my way through 2 other series.

message 16: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2174 comments Mod
It stands alone fairly well - no cliffhanger ending or anything.