Support for Indie Authors discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > Brainstorming/Breaking through Writer's Block

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

Ann Andrews (annliviandrews) | 687 comments Mod
Would anyone be interested in setting up a date and time for an official "e-discussion" where we could all log in to Goodreads (or another location, I'll do some research) where we could all brainstorm or try to work through any writer's block we're struggling with? (Or anything else for that matter)

Let me know if you're interested and if you have any ideas!

message 2: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Mann | 17 comments Sure. Let me know when and where.

message 3: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
Time (in pst please) place and I should be able to be there. I ❤helping people.

message 4: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Carroll (BruceCarroll) | 26 comments I'd love to.

message 5: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

I will work on this throughout the week. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie (jnicholls) hey peeps, I'm in Europe and i think majority of peeps are in the USA so I'll probably miss out, however, always happy to join in later...and for my own writers block, i play a mindless game..for a couple of hours, its like meditation...and then go back to writing refreshed.

message 7: by B.L. (new)

B.L. Blair (blblair) | 3 comments I would be interested.

message 8: by Anchal (new)

Anchal Duggal (anchalduggal) | 6 comments Ann, I would be interested too. I live in India so if the time could be worked out, I would love to participate.

message 9: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

That's because Love is as sinister as it is sweet.

message 10: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) Sounds interesting! I'd participate for a bit, depending on the timing.

message 11: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

What if we just started a new discussion under this group? List a date and time and whoever wants to can log into Goodreads and chat away? I thought about Skype, but not everyone has Skype and it'd be a pain to switch id's and all that.

If anyone else has a better idea, please let me know!

message 12: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Or just come on to the board and ask for help. Truthfully, I don't know what more you can do....though I'm always open to help anyone who feels stuck. I <3 to brainstorm. Why my wife and I make such a great team!

message 13: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

I'm jealous! My husband likes to read my books without any prior knowledge. I try to bounce my ideas off of my almost 2 year old son, but he just says "Daddy!" or "Mater!" or "Nas!" (that means fruit snacks in his world apparently)

Riley wrote: "Or just come on to the board and ask for help. Truthfully, I don't know what more you can do....though I'm always open to help anyone who feels stuck. I <3 to brainstorm. Why my wife and I make suc..."

message 14: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

That's the advantage to marrying a woman that's just as much of a geek as I am. I mean, can you go wrong with a woman who lists her favorite movies as "Starwars, Lord of the Rings, and Shashank Redemption?" I think not.

message 15: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

Ha! My husband is more of a Weird Al, Mystery Science Theater kind of geek. I am too, but I also love LOTR, Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, etc. I"m working on converting him to the LOTR. He says he likes them, but he didn't know the difference between Arwen and Eowyn. *facepalm*

Riley wrote: "That's the advantage to marrying a woman that's just as much of a geek as I am. I mean, can you go wrong with a woman who lists her favorite movies as "Starwars, Lord of the Rings, and Shashank Red..."

message 16: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Weird Al, I love Weird Al, but I could never get into Mystery Science Theater. I always wanted them to shut the hell up so I could enjoy the show x D

message 17: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

The places inspiration hit. I've been stuck on a chapter for two days, trying to find the right way to approach it. Of course it comes while watching a movie. John Carter for the win!

message 18: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Howarth Ann wrote: "I'm jealous! My husband likes to read my books without any prior knowledge. I try to bounce my ideas off of my almost 2 year old son, but he just says "Daddy!" or "Mater!" or "Nas!" (that means fru..."

My husband is the same! He gets angry at me when I ask him for help because he doesn't want to know where the story is going until he can read it!

message 19: by Graham (new)

Graham Garrity (grahamgarrity) | 11 comments The odd goat sacrifice or scattering chickens entrails on my keyboard does it for me.

message 20: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

Well there's my problem! I was trying to sacrifice squirrels!

Graham wrote: "The odd goat sacrifice or scattering chickens entrails on my keyboard does it for me."

message 21: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

#SavetheSquirrels from Ann! Just so you know, though chickens make a wonderful sacrifice, I know from personal experience that a Macaw Parrot makes THE BEST sacrifice. And before the animal lovers get on me, it was me or the bird.(A story for another day....)

message 22: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

I DO have an irritating parrotlet. . . *ponders*

Riley wrote: "#SavetheSquirrels from Ann! Just so you know, though chickens make a wonderful sacrifice, I know from personal experience that a Macaw Parrot makes THE BEST sacrifice. And before the animal lovers ..."

message 23: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

This is 2015!! Stop living in the past!

V.M. wrote: "Am I the only traditionalist here who still sacrifices virgins to Dragons and/or Krakens?"

message 24: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

I'm sorry V.M. but I follow the teachings of the Dark Lord, Cthulu, though I do admit to a soft spot in my heart for the Celtic traditions....maybe it's the red hair....

message 25: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Hellboy lied, he doesn't know Cthulu, they went to school together but they hung out in different crowds.

message 26: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

I'm just going to leave this here

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.