The Book Vipers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Read Archive > Group Read Nominations - Classics (PRE 1900) - March 2015

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (last edited Feb 01, 2015 09:56AM) (new)

Paul (halfmanhalfbook) | 5459 comments Mod
he nominations thread for the March Classics (PRE 1900) Read is now open, please suggest your book choices below.

All books need to be seconded by someone else in order to get to the voting stage.

The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins automatically goes forward this month as it came second in the poll last month

This thread will remain open until 5th February and then will be closed for voting.

Please remember that the books need to be readily available in as many formats as possible at a reasonable price.

Nominated:
Heart of Darkness

Nominated and Seconded:
The Fortune of the Rougons
The Woman in White
The Portrait of a Lady
Oliver Twist
Sense and Sensibility
The Time Machine

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 585 comments I adore Wilkie Collins. I would like to nominate Heart of Darkness, Published in 1899 it just makes the cut. has been on my must read at some time list forever.

message 4: by Paul (new)

I haven't even sent the email yet!!

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments I'll second heart of darkness as it is on my list to read.

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 585 comments Jason wrote: "I'll second heart of darkness as it is on my list to read."

I will second your seconding and second the Zola...sounds amazing. Would be a very happy bunny with any of these 3. Can't wait to see what others nominate. :)

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments Nicely done. What a team.

message 8: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Lo | 54 comments Would like to nominate The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James

message 9: by Trine (new)

Trine (majjalol) | 203 comments I'll second The Portrait of a Lady - been on my tbr for a while now;p

message 10: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 28 comments Would love to read Oliver Twist as it is still wintry weather and this book reminds me of winter ( plus it's on my Full Deck List !).

message 11: by Pink (new)

Pink I'll nominate The Time Machine

message 12: by Gisela (new)

Gisela Hafezparast | 242 comments Maureen wrote: "Would like to nominate The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James"

I'll second the Portrait of a Lady. Has been on my to-read list for a long time.

message 13: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments Hi Paul, just letting you know in case you missed Debbie's post but she seconded the fortune of the rougons.

message 14: by Paul (new)

I had missed that. Amended now

message 15: by Hasselhh (new)

Hasselhh | 21 comments I'll second Sense and Sensibility

message 16: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (bibliohound) | 358 comments I'll second The Time Machine

message 17: by Jo (new)

Jo Weston (joster) | 1697 comments Mod
Clearly i've arrived a bit late to the nominations threads this month, as I have nothing to add to this one either. Several choices in there I would gladly go with.

message 18: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 199 comments This is going to be a difficult choice! I've read most and those I haven't read are on my list to read! So maybe that makes it an easy choice?

message 19: by Paul (new)

Polls are now open and this thread is now closed

Classics - Classics PRE 1900

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.