I love Alpha Male books club discussion

All about our books > Books with a DIFFERENT storyline

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyla (new)

Kyla | 59 comments Mod
I just finished two books with story lines that were fresh...not overdone like so many books out there. Loved both. Tell me what books you've read recently that had a unique plot and why you loved it?

Mine were Throb by Vi Keeland Throb and Never Never Never Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen Hoover

THROB was sexy, steamy, funny and a fresh plot I loved. Well written, perfectly executed contemporary romance!
NEVER NEVER was unique--paranormal-ish...and well, it's Colleen Hoover so you know the writing is great.

Paganalexandria  | 118 comments The most different good book I've read recently is The Siren (The Original Sinners, #1) by Tiffany Reisz . It blew my mind.

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara (onlyherosneedapply) This book Genevieve Clare by J.B. Hartnett is a big, juicy romance with a unique and quirky premise. It's written with wit and imagination and I highly recommend it.

SB*needs low angst books* | 605 comments I think Midnight Caller by N J Cole was a interesting read for me. I didn't know what to expect at all. I think a cute one was Santa's Executive by Carrie Ann Ryan. It was different too. I think my favorite fresh read was His Tattooed Virgin by Heather Rainier. I just finished Splendor by Janet Nissenson. It was a fresh story. Not what I thought it was.

Paganalexandria  | 118 comments I really thought Dance For Me (Fenbrook Academy, #1) by Helena Newbury is another really good and unique storyline. I mean how many other books out there with a design engineer hero, and ballerina heroine?

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee Ching | 12 comments I NEED TO FIND THIS BOOK!!

He is a wealthy club owner, she and friends went to his club, they had an argument, their paths kept crossing due to mutual friends, they became f*ck buddies and she leaves him due to another woman, he finds her again, and she is pregnant, she tells him its not his.. Any clue ?

Paganalexandria  | 118 comments Lee wrote: "I NEED TO FIND THIS BOOK!!

He is a wealthy club owner, she and friends went to his club, they had an argument, their paths kept crossing due to mutual friends, they became f*ck buddies and she lea..."

No but you have to let us know if you find it somewhere else because I'm intrigued.

message 8: by Gem (new)

Gem Larkspur (gemsl) | 61 comments I liked Out of Control by Teresa Noelle Roberts . The characters are quirky and both somewhat geeky in their own way. Very well written although I thought the ending came a little suddenly.

message 9: by Erika (last edited Mar 10, 2015 10:18AM) (new)

Erika | 12 comments Completely out of left field. The Traveling Man (The Traveling Duet, #1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick He travels with the carnival

I also loved The Missing Link (Marked, #1) by J.M. Sevilla , he's a hit man.

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie (jewels73) | 64 comments cry because ... book listed above I can't make out the whole title, just those 2 words can you post the title again?

message 11: by Deeva05 (new)

Deeva05 | 14 comments Transcendence by Shay Savage had a unique storyline.

message 12: by Alexandra (last edited May 05, 2015 06:56AM) (new)

Alexandra North (alexnorthbooks) | 36 comments These have a different storyline - the usual strong alpha male but set the UK and the heroine is a single mum, 29. The love interests are best friends who finally get together after missing their chance 10 years earlier - their path is not smooth however but the sex is off the charts! Hot sex, romance, humour and suspense.

The One Awakened (One Trilogy, #1) by Alexandra North by Alexandra North

and The One Addicted The One Addicted (One Trilogy, #2) by Alexandra North by Alexandra North
Books 1 and 2 in The One Trilogy by Alexandra North

message 13: by Shannon (last edited May 05, 2015 08:02AM) (new)

Shannon (shannonvm) Outside The Ropes and Inside Danger by Ashley Claudy are really good and pretty unique...she's a boxer and gets mixed up with some pretty rough characters. It's raw and gritty. I can't wait for the final book, it comes out in June.

Oops, just realized this was in the Alpha Male discussion group! She's the main character but Gage is definitely an alpha!

message 14: by James (new)

James Loftus Talking about a bizarre plot line the ultimate and tremendous book for that is Slaughterhouse-Five

message 15: by True (new)

True Texan (truetexan) | 3 comments I thought this one was pretty unique- married couple living D/s as well. They are both into sharing (her only). Both points of view are told throughout. Interesting. A Condo with Two Views A Condo with Two Views by Al Daltrey

message 16: by Trish (new)

Trish Arcangelo | 8 comments I thought Never Let You Go by Katy Regnery was very unique, a storyline I'd never seen before (and I've read ALOT of romance lol).

message 17: by Trish (new)

Trish Arcangelo | 8 comments Deeva05 wrote: "Transcendence by Shay Savage had a unique storyline."

I agree. It was good but very different.

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie Jones | 2 comments *delurking*

A lot of Maryols James books fit the bill here. I like that she takes risks on some storylines that are decidedly unsexy (ptsd, cancer, alcoholism, etc) and writes these incredibly real, touching and STEAMY novels around them.