Start by marking “Outside the Ropes (Outside the Ropes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Outside the Ropes (Outside the Ropes, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Outside the Ropes

(Outside the Ropes #1)

In the ring, Regan has control. Outside the ropes, she fights to survive.

Regan Sommers spent her life fighting. Fighting foster parents, kids in the group home, and classmates. But the night she has to fight for her life changes everything.

Published January 10th 2015 by CreateSpace (first published January 1st 2015)

Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 3.5 - 4 Stars ★★★★

A great debut from Ashley Claudy, I had trouble putting this one down and will definitely recommend this to those who love a fast paced romantic suspense.

Regan Sommers is a nineteen year old girl struggling to survive after spending her childhood in the system. Her fortunes change however when she is mugged one night and makes the acquaintance of brothers, Gage and Dexter Lawson and their boxing trainer Silas. They see how strong she is and persuade her to come and fight f
Katie
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Guess what it's time for?! a book review told through a bunch of gifs! YAY!

In this book, you will find...

an awesome heroine who kicks butt in and out of the ring
description

a mysterious and sexy hero...who is also a boxer...
description

a love triangle involving a cute cop who just can't seem to take a hint
description

a bunch of minor characters whose names I immediately forgot
description

a whole bunch of bad guys who DEF need to die
description

some sex scenes involving the heroine having meaningless sex...but were still hot nonetheless (good for
Ashleyjo
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Two words for ya....

description

This was not at all what I expected. I expected a sexy romance of a manwhore fighter and a downtrodden orphan female fighter. Although those shoes may fit, that barely scraped the surface of what all this book entails.

This story has layer after layer of angst, violence, f'd up baggage, distrust, mistrust, hard knocks, addiction, trauma, justice, guilt, immaturity, death, selfishness, selflessness, and pure craziness. It's like an angsty ghetto, boxing, mob soap opera.

This
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
I started this novel with no expectations because Ashley Claudy is a new author to me and this is her debut book. I figured it would be another figher novel since there seems to be a bunch of them lately but I saw it on Netgalley and I liked the blurb and the cover. I thank Netgalley for giving me the novel in exchange for an honest review. I admit I was pleasantly surprised! Outside the Ropes was a fresh take on the fighter story and Ashley Claudy has a real talent for writing interesting chara ...more
Brit
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provide to me by the lovely author Ashley Claudy. Thank you

Title: Outside The Ropes
Source: eARC
Release Date: January 1st, 2014
Overall Rating:

Character Casting:

Character casting & Review to come...
Loz
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - 4 stars

I started this one expecting yet another "fighter" book but what we get is actually a fresh new take. While boxing has a strong hold during the story, it actually became an after thought for me while reading. It's the road our characters travel while doing it that is the more focal point.

We meet 19 year old Regan Sommers who has never had it easy in life and this is shown pretty much throughout the book. You can clearly see the effects it holds on all her relationships with the peo
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 09, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
I read about 35% of this book. It's a rambling story. There is a flashback that didn't feel right in the story. The heroine is sleeping with some sleazy cop. Barely know the hero. Heroine just doesn't seem smart. DNFing.
Desiree Gorman - A Love Affair With Books
4.5 awesome debut novel hearts!

I'm going to say it again, I love discovering new authors! When Ashley emailed the blog about reading/reviewing her debut novel, one look at the synopsis told me that this one was going to be good!

In all honesty, I never put my iPad back down once I started reading it. These characters - oh goodness! So here are my pics for character casting ~

description

I seriously could not stop picturing Jennifer Garner during her Elektra phase when I was reading Regan. She is just a bad a
Michele
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I always love it when I find a book that I just can’t put down. Work and everything else gets put on hold until I finish the book. This was definitely one of those books. From beginning to end, I was utterly sucked in, constantly wondering what is going to happen next. This was the first book I’ve read by Ashley Cluady, but it will absolutely not be the last!

I think my favorite thing about this book was that, that Regan was anything but a damsel in distress. She was strong and did anything she
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
FREE
FREE: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

In the ring, Regan has control. Outside the ropes, she fights to survive.
Now, she's fighting for money in the ring, and from the first punch she's addicted. Every addiction has a price though, and this one is the gym's star boxer, Gage Lawson. He may come in an enticing tattooed p
Sammy ⭐️
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fighters, series, 3-star
3.5 stars Review in progress
Jessica
Why oh why do I break my rules when it always ends in disappointment? This book started of great super tough heroine who had the spotlight an interesting backstory being hinted at. I didn't like the love interest at the start and the writing was a little stiff but i was very intrigued by the idea of such a powerful heroine so i powered through. Then around 30/40% it went to shit. The author just crapped all over the very idea of spellcheck and had no clue how to use apostrophes or to/too and eff ...more
Shannon
4+*
Wow, this book really took me by surprised! If you're looking for a raw, gritty, story with a strong, take-no-prisoners heroine, this is the book for you.

Regan hasn't had the best life, she was bounced around in the foster care system before finally emancipating herself. She's surrounded by lowlife characters, druggies, and crooks, not knowing where she'll sleep from one night to the next, but she's doing the best she can for herself.

One night her world is turned upside down, and as a resul
Ashley Claudy
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
First, I'm the author so... I love Outside The Ropes. But here's some teasers to help you decide if you want to give it a chance.

Natascha Housen
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** 4.5 STARS ***
When I first started this book I wasn't sure about it because I felt that things moved a bit fast but once I got past that I really enjoyed it and it remind me a lot of the Fallen Down series by Tijan........two brothers and one bad ass girl. Great story line, I can't wait to start Inside Danger (2nd book in series).
I would definitely recommend it
Karen Lee
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I could not put this book down. I loved everything about it. The characters and the story line had me drawn in from the very beginning. Once you thought you knew where the story was going, there was a twist and threw you off. Anyone looking for a good book with a great story, this is for you. I am definitely looking forward to the next installment.
Lorie
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Stars
Jelena Bosh
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Where the hell do I begin?!

Heartbreaking.

Sad.

Raw.

Beautiful.

Powerful.

Just simply too good to pass up

I absolutely got addicted and hooked from the first page, not kidding in the least! First I just want to say that I do not give 5 stars that often but with saying that, I also give them for various reasons. One book can be completely different in what it is about or what the characters are about - yet I could give them both a 5! There's just something about finding ou
Anne Martin
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
if it feels like wattpad, reads like wattpad, well, it is probably wattpad! And though wattpad can be edited, it still smells of wattpad. That does not mean the author does not have talent and won't be able to write better books later on. But Wattpad is published day after day, or week after week, and you expect suspense from such short passages. Wattpad readers want something amazing with every update, cliff hanging until the next chapter comes and they usually don't read back what was publishe ...more
Gail
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***ARC kindly given by Netgally for a honest review.. ***

I absolutely loved this book. Once I started I could not put my Ipad down. Ashley Claudy can write some amazing characters and tell a story that will draw you in..
Regan “Rae” Sommers had a hard life growing up. She was in and out of the foster care system then dumped into the real world with no high school degree, no money, and no family.. Going from couch to Couch and working a dead end jobs is her only means of survival.
On her way “home
Linda Levine
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Regan is fierce both inside and outside the ring. She has had to be in order to survive. A childhood spent in foster care, emancipated at seventeen, and always struggling to keep safe. She doesn't trust anyone really and is only close to one person who is even more at risk. After she is beaten and robbed, she discovers boxing and views it as her way out of this kind of life. She also meets two men - Anthony and Gage. Anthony is a cop and feels safe. She knows what he wants. Gage is way too inten ...more
Faelan
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, 07
I received a copy for an honest review

the gym's star boxer, Gage Lawson. He may come in an enticing tattooed package, but his demands are more than she can handle.

The responding officer from that night, Anthony Fields, comes with no demands. He wants whatever she's willing to give, and Regan can handle that. She can definitely h
Kim
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is the kind of story that I did not want to put down. It sucked me right in and grabbed my attention from the first chapter. The author created a dark, but intense story full of engaging characters.

Regan has been in and out of foster care most of her life. She finally emancipated herself and is having a rough time with life. She encounters a dangerous situation one night and fights back instead of cowering in fear. Her attackers are scared off by four men who enter her life. Together,
Natasha
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy from the publisher (via netgalley) in exchange for a honest review.
I'm always dubious reading a debut authors book, past experiences where I couldn't connect with the author or writing has really put me off reading debut them, but I always like to give any author a chance and this dragged me in just from the blurb and cover picture and I'm so glad I went for it. Ashley is a new author to watch out for, I couldn't put this book down I love it and Ashley is defiantly a future aut
Ysa Arcangel
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've been meaning to write this review and I felt awful that I haven't done it when I've read it a while back.

This book is from the woman’s POV and she is the female boxer. I like that more authors are writing very strong female character lately and Regan Sommers is certainly that.

Getting to know Regan and Gage now that they’ve been actually published was almost as wonderful as being introduced to them in Wattpad.

The story follows 19-yr old Regan Sommers who has done a fair amount of maturing;
Angela
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This was a great read from start to finish, definitely one of those hard to put down page turners. Ashley Claudy has created an exciting romance novel that has substance, depth of character, intrigue, laugh and cry moments, along with exciting action scenes. I have read a few sports/romance books in my time and this one is probably the best I've ever read.

I loved the characters. Gage is a bad ass alpha male but he is also so much more and Reagan, our heroine, is no shrinking violet. Infact all
Carol Ann
I devoured this book like a starved woman. I absolutely could not put this book down. I'm not sure if it was because the main character, regan, actually stood up for herself and remained strong and independent or if I was seeing what her next unexpected behavior would bring. Regan is a young woman who is trying to survive and keep her head above water with basically no resources. She does what she needs to do to live another day, even if she isn't proud of it all of the time. She's logical and b ...more
Heather Anastasiu
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a big surprise for me - I snagged it in a string of Kindle Unlimited reads I've been downing one after the other this week, and this one REALLY stands out in the crowd. It didn't feel like it followed normal 'romance novel' trends or patterns. Instead we have characters who feel REAL, facing gritty and realistic situations. And it was because of that I was drawn in and couldn't put the book down. Don't get me wrong, there's romance in it, but it was never that cheesy crap where lik ...more
Samantha
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
Well what I was expecting this book was not it. Reagan hasnt' had a great life. She's homeless, she has no reliable friends, no family, but guess what she is one heck of a heroine. For everything wrong in her life I expected a really whiny and pathetic heroine, but thats far from the truth.

After an attack and some unlikely heroes, Reagan decides she is going to box. This is where her life gets tangled up with fun, hug loving Dexter, dark, tormented, tattooed Gage, and the mysterious Silas. Add
Nila
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reagan Sommers grew up a foster kid fighting different parents, siblings and classmates throughout her life but when she steps into the ring and fights for money for the first time she is hooked. Meets Gage,Dexter, Silas and Officer Anthony fields, among many alpha males in this story.
I thought the story was a good one as far as MMA goes. Part of a series I think , for mature audiences because of the heavy sex scenes.
New Adult Book Club: #79/15 ~ Outside The Ropes by Ashley Claudy 62 212 Jul 31, 2015 07:47AM
New Adult Book Club: #83/15~ Outside the Ropes by Ashley Claudy 4 25 May 26, 2015 01:29AM
  • Bender
  • Savage (The Healer #3)
  • In the Wind
  • Dire Desires (Eternal Wolf Clan, #3)
  • Predator's Claim  (Gemini Island Shifters, #4)
  • Blackness Within (The Blackness, #5)
  • Numbed (The White Coat, #2)
  • Hawk (Sons of Sangue, #2)
  • Tainted (The VIP Room, #2)
  • Exit Strategy (EXIT Inc., #1)
  • Love Or Duty (Moan for Uncle #5)
  • Real Vampires Don't Diet (Glory St. Clair, #4)
  • Sex and the Single Vamp
  • Hers to Command (Verdantia, #1)
  • Strength & Courage (The Night Horde SoCal, #1)
  • Arrow of Time (Marauders, #1)
  • Better Date than Never Boxed Set, #7-10
  • Submit (The Dining Club #7)
New Adult Author.

New release, HUSTLE, will be published Nov 19th!

The Outside The Ropes Series:

Outside The Ropes (Book 1)

Inside Danger (Book 2)

OtherSide Of Fear (Book 3)

Mother. Wife. Teacher. Proud UMD Terp. Perpetual learner. Wild imagination fueled by coffee. Occasional runner. Late night book junkie. Daytime dreamer.

Outside the Ropes (3 books)
  • Inside Danger (Outside the Ropes, #2)
  • Otherside of Fear (Outside the Ropes, #3)