One False Move (Myron Bolitar, #5) One False Move discussion

Do you like standalone book OR a series of a character?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hyderali I prefer the standalone book. Why? Because I get introduced to so many characters in which no one is perfect, no one is hero or heroin & no one is villain.

In a series, I know a lot about this particular character & knew that he won't going to die, his/her habits, the way he'll react etc. which after sometimes makes me bore with him/her.

So, what do you guys like?

Marc Finding I enjoy the series. Author has time to create real personalities for the main characters. I still enjoy the stand alone for the reasons you cited but find myself more and more drawn to the series

Hyderali Hey Marc,

Yes, you are right. In a series, when you like certain characters you began to fall for him. I understand that some author take various routes to create a loveable & unforgettable character which I also love because you can feel their hatred/sadness etc.

Marc Any particular series that you enjoy

message 5: by Hyderali (last edited Feb 04, 2015 08:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hyderali Well, recently I just finished reading Harlen Coben's Myron Bolitar series which is filled with humour & wittiness alongwith a great & unpredictable storyline.

Other than that I enjoy reading Lisa Gardener's series on the character she created (sorry forgot the name). Plus, Tami Hoag is another author whose series on Quinn is perfect for a lazy day.

Marc I've read the first 7 of the Myron Bolitar series and have enjoyed them. I am planning to get to the rest in the series. Have not read Gardner or Hoag but will have to look into them.

Kevin Hyderali wrote: "I prefer the standalone book. Why? Because I get introduced to so many characters in which no one is perfect, no one is hero or heroin & no one is villain.

In a series, I know a lot about this par..."

I enjoy both, the Myron Bolitar series is very interesting with the kind of friendships you get in real life, strange friendships of opposites attracted to each other like Myron and Win. The stand alone books are just as intriguing, and although they are written differently, I find them just as intriguing