YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Raine (Elemental #2)
This topic is about Raine
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Elemental Series by M.M. Roethig - Starting February 12th 2015

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84101 comments Mod

ELEMENTAL PRINCESS by M.M. Roethig *Prequel to Raine
Kaesen, an elemental princess, lives on a distant star called Maia. She loves Alwen, but as her sworn protector they're forbidden to be together. Promised to a cruel man, Kaesen will do whatever is necessary to change the stars and be allowed to love her Alwen.

Starting her senior year of high school, Raine Patterson is content with being invisible. That is, until the mysteriously handsome Kaden transfers in and turns her world upside down. Drawn to him in ways she can’t understand, Raine finds herself falling for him, regardless of his harsh stares and mixed signals. When she discovers a hidden ability to control the elements, she finds herself the target of a madman, and Kaden is the only one who can help her. Can she trust him?

Kaden Williams has hated Elementals from the time he lost his father to them as a young boy. Chosen to protect Elementals, Kaden turned his back on his duty, swearing to rid the world of them instead. Meeting Raine was no accident, but his feelings for her throw him into turmoil and threaten to change the way he feels about Elementals. When Raine becomes the target of an unknown aggressor, Kaden is forced to decide which path he will follow.

As the struggle for knowledge unfolds and the beginning of a pending war looms closer, Raine and Kaden must lean on each other to discover the truth and survive.

message 2: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Feb 21, 2015 02:20AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hi guys, we have a 'read-2-review' opportunity up for grabs! M.M. Roethig is kindly offering up 10 ebooks of her book ' Raine (Elemental #2) by M.M. Roethig ' in exchange for honest reviews, and everyone can download a copy of book 1 Elemental Princess Royal Lines (Elemental #1) by M.M. Roethig for free at Smashwords here - https://www.smashwords.com/books/view... ☺ This is a YA title, and was released in November 2014. The buddy read will start on February 12th ☺

To sign up, please leave your name on this thread, and then send me a message with your email address, and choice of kindle gift or B&N gift. This book will be available by kindle gift and B&N gift only.

Please Note:
*This buddy read will be a read-to-review opportunity.
*The author will provide participants with a free ebook of the book, and in return you agree to:

-read the book
-join the buddy read
-write an honest review
-NOT SHARE THIS EBOOK - it is for your review purposes only.

Thanks guys!

Participants:
1. Sarah - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
2. Siobhan - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scndP...
3. Ashley IN
4. Amanda
5. Ashley MO
6. Faye - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
7. Brooke - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Opal - on hold

message 3: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments can i join this one please?

Added ☺

You can ☺ This will be kindle gift or B&N gift though, would either of those work for you?

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readmewriteme) | 4516 comments I'd like to do this one

Added ☺

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (mandalynreads) Me too! Amanda.lacorte@cox.net Kindle gift please

Added ☺

message 10: by AK (new)

AK Mama Reads (reniazen) | 6 comments I'm almost done with my other one, can I sign up for this as well?
areniak2007@gmail.com kindle

thanks!

Added ☺

message 12: by Faye (last edited Feb 02, 2015 05:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faye | 31 comments Would like to read and review. fayeanne_m@yahoo.com kindle

Added ☺

Hi guys, the publishers have offered to sent out copies of Raine to your email addresses now so that you can still get a copy even if you can't receive a kindle gift ☺ Hope that helps!

message 15: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments i read the first one yesterday ( its 2.30am now) and i loved it so looking forward to the second book

Yay! ☺

I see what you mean Siobhan, elemental princess is really good! (view spoiler)

Hi guys, Just to let you know that I'll be sending email addresses to the author tomorrow, so if there's anybody else wanting to sign up, you need to do it now ☺

Everybody already signed-up - you will get your book in the next couple of days.

Opal - if you want this book I need to have a review for one of the books you already have ASAP.

message 20: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments Sarah wrote: "I see what you mean Siobhan, elemental princess is really good! [spoilers removed]"

I know right!! (view spoiler)

siobhan wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I see what you mean Siobhan, elemental princess is really good! [spoilers removed]"

I know right!! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments Sarah wrote: "siobhan wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I see what you mean Siobhan, elemental princess is really good! [spoilers removed]"

I know right!! [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Email addresses have been sent to the author ☺

message 24: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments Just got my copy :) Thank you just finishing off the one im reading and then onto this :)

I got my copy too ☺ Looking forward to it ☺

message 26: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments I'm going to start it once I'm home from work tonight I'm very excited

I might try and fit in a chapter ☺

message 28: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments chapter 1 (view spoiler)

chapter 2 (view spoiler)

siobhan wrote: "chapter 1 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

chapter 4 (view spoiler)

End of chapter 11 Discussion Questions:
(Optional)
(view spoiler)

message 33: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments Sarah wrote: "chapter 4 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 34: by Faye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faye | 31 comments Will read it next. :) Sorry, it's taking me a while.

Not a problem ☺

message 36: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

siobhan wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 38: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments Sarah wrote: "siobhan wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 39: by Faye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faye | 31 comments Omg. Just finished reading book 1 and I freaking love it. Here's my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... I'm off to book two.

message 40: by Faye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faye | 31 comments I'm at chapter 25 already and I can say I never saw that coming.

message 41: by Faye (last edited Feb 13, 2015 01:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faye | 31 comments siobhan wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

I saw that coming as well. What I never expected was (view spoiler)

message 42: by Faye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faye | 31 comments Here's my review for Raine https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... I loved it. Read it one sitting too.

I wasn't as big of a fan. I liked Elemental Princess more than Raine.

message 44: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments omg this book was amazing just trying to get my head around everything to review it :)

message 45: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scndP... thats my video review also did a goodreads and a review on the page i got the book

message 46: by Joyce (new)

Joyce I have the first book, and would like to read and review Raine too. I am really into this genre of book.

Hi guys, we've reached the 12 week final cut-off for this book. So if Ashley IN, Amanda, and Ashley MO could let me know when they've finished reading and reviewing that would be great ☺ You'll be unable to request any more review copies from us until this one is completed now. Thanks.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.