Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)
This topic is about Me Before You
Buddy Read: ME BEFORE YOU by JoJo Moyes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 30, 2015 03:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Okay peeps, anyone interested in reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes by JoJo Moyes? I know that Belkis, Tracy and Myself are going to start this, so if anyone else is interested, just come on by and let's chat about it as we read.

I've had this book for years sitting on my shelf and collecting dust. My version is this Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and I've been looking at it forever. It's pretty big lol. I also just found out that it's being made into a movie, which will be released this year and it is starring, I think, Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) and Sam Clafin (Finnick from Hunger Games)…yummy!!

You know me and visuals…enjoy!

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Whoo hoo. Now if I can just keep up with Belkis.

Oh who am I kidding, she will have this done in a day.

Tracy wrote: "Whoo hoo. Now if I can just keep up with Belkis.

Oh who am I kidding, she will have this done in a day."

hahahahaha and you will be done before me

I'm not so sure. I have a few I'm working on right now.

Tracy wrote: "I'm not so sure. I have a few I'm working on right now."

I still bet you will though. I just had a look through my kindle and found a copy of it on there too. Geez, I must of wanted to read this so badly if I bought an ebook and hardcopy too lol

Haha Sylvia, I guess you did. Well I just got the audio as well. The narrator is or sounds the same as the one that did The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley and she has a pleasant voice.

Tracy wrote: "Haha Sylvia, I guess you did. Well I just got the audio as well. The narrator is or sounds the same as the one that did The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley and she has a pleasant voice."

I'm glad that the narrator is someone you like to listen to :D I've got it ready to go.

Whoo hoo! Excited. A lot of the guys in this group has already read it so maybe they will discuss with us.

Tracy wrote: "Whoo hoo! Excited. A lot of the guys in this group has already read it so maybe they will discuss with us."

Hopefully they will! I'm really excited too and I'm in the mood for something like this :D

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I'm in of course :) I've wanted to read this book forever so let's do it! OMG I'm loving the visuals Sylvia and the fact that it's being turned into a movie and coming out this year! How did I manage to miss that tidbit LOL?! I've got both the ebook and audiobook for this one too girls so don't feel bad hahaha! Guess I really wanted to read it too. I can start on Sunday after I finish Read Player One which I started last night so have a ways to go on it still. But after that I'll start this one. I think Donna is going to be joining us on this buddy read too.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "Haha Sylvia, I guess you did. Well I just got the audio as well. The narrator is or sounds the same as the one that did The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley and she has a pleasant voice."

Yes Tracy she does have a nice voice. I enjoyed the narration of The Gamble so we should be good.

Well, I've wasted no time and started reading this, in a British accent mind you lol up to chapter 5 and loving it

message 13: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 30, 2015 05:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belkis wrote: "I'm in of course :) I've wanted to read this book forever so let's do it! OMG I'm loving the visuals Sylvia and the fact that it's being turned into a movie and coming out this year! How did I mana..."

I'm loving the idea of seeing this on film and visuals are always important when reading lol I'll post more later

Can't wait to start. Going to tomorrow. Whoo hoo!

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sylvia wrote: "Belkis wrote: "I'm in of course :) I've wanted to read this book forever so let's do it! OMG I'm loving the visuals Sylvia and the fact that it's being turned into a movie and coming out this year!..."

WooHoo!! Thanks Sylvia :)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "Can't wait to start. Going to tomorrow. Whoo hoo!"

If I can get through Ready Player One tonight I'll start it tomorrow too Tracy.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sylvia wrote: "Well, I've wasted no time and started reading this, in a British accent mind you lol up to chapter 5 and loving it"

Oh Sylvia you're too funny! A British accent LOL! Love it!

Sylvia wrote: "Well, I've wasted no time and started reading this, in a British accent mind you lol up to chapter 5 and loving it"

You are doing the British accent or are you listening on audio? Cause I don't think I am that talented.

Tracy wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Well, I've wasted no time and started reading this, in a British accent mind you lol up to chapter 5 and loving it"

You are doing the British accent or are you listening on audio? ..."

LOL I'm the one reading and in my head they are speaking in a British accent

message 20: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 31, 2015 03:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay, I'm 26% (Chapter 8) and I feel so sorry for Will.

Oh, here is a pic of Sam and Emilia doing a reading of sorts for the movie …

Sylvia wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Well, I've wasted no time and started reading this, in a British accent mind you lol up to chapter 5 and loving it"

You are doing the British accent or are you listen..."

Yeah, I'm not that talented. I'm starting today.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I'm not accent capable either Tracy LOL! I'm starting it later today today.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Thanks for the new pic Sylvia, love it :)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I've started and yay! loving the British accent on the audio and the narrations are excellent!! Grabbed me from the first which is awesome as I came off of a boring boring read. So happy to be on a good one now. Currently on chapter 4 :)

YAY glad both of you have started this and it is very attention grabbing from the start. I love how there is so much Australian references going on with the cafe owner being Aussie ... Very British of them lol

See Belkis you're already halfway of what I've read lol

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Heartbreaking from the start

Belkis wrote: "Heartbreaking from the start"

Yes!!

message 28: by Belkis (last edited Jan 31, 2015 01:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments OMG poor people :( I can't even imagine what Will is feeling being tied to that miserable existence especially given the introduction to him in the first chapter right before the tragedy. He should've taken his chances with his bike let he was intending. I'm finishing off chapter 5....

message 29: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 31, 2015 02:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

He really should of just ridden his bike like you said but instead he gets clobbered with one that left him in that awful state of existence. I'd give up too blah

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments That's irony at it's most despicable :(

I'm at chapter 7 and I agree with you guys. He should have taken the bike. I totally see why he is biter but I think most people would be after that. I don't think you could put a time on his healing process either. It's sad that something like that could and does happen.

message 32: by Belkis (last edited Jan 31, 2015 03:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Oh Tracy yes..... poor guy :( I'm on chapter 7 too

message 33: by Belkis (last edited Jan 31, 2015 05:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments OMG her sister is such a selfish cow!! Oh thank goodness she's trying to makeup for it. So maybe she's not as awful as she came across LOL!

I don't think she is Belkis. At first I thought so to but now I see why she is so upset. I would be to. I would probably be wheeling him around in circles I would be so upset. Then I would pop my mom upside the head.

message 35: by Belkis (last edited Jan 31, 2015 06:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Oh lord that awful outing. How awful. OMG how terrible for poor Will :( could anything else possibly go wrong?? I want to weep for the 3 of them.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "I don't think she is Belkis. At first I thought so to but now I see why she is so upset. I would be to. I would probably be wheeling him around in circles I would be so upset. Then I would pop my m..."

Yeah Tracy she did kind of redeem herself a bit but then she crapped allover it again LOL!

Belkis wrote: "Tracy wrote: "I don't think she is Belkis. At first I thought so to but now I see why she is so upset. I would be to. I would probably be wheeling him around in circles I would be so upset. Then I ..."

Well I didn't read your post well enough. I thought you said HIS sister because she was being rude. Her sister is a slfish cow. She has alwys gotten her way apparently.

Belkis wrote: "Oh lord that awful outing. How awful. OMG how terrible for poor Will :( could anything else possibly go wrong?? I want to weep for the 3 of them."

I haven't gotten to an outing yet.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Tracy wrote: "I don't think she is Belkis. At first I thought so to but now I see why she is so upset. I would be to. I would probably be wheeling him around in circles I would be so..."

Yes she has, really!

I'm at 13 and we have had a couple of outings. The second one being very lovely, I think. I really hope he changes his mind or this book will kill me.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I hope he changes his mind too Tracy but it has to be so hard for him :( I'm on chapter 15

Oh shoot, I haven't had a chance to read at all today. Hopefully I can get the chance to read a little before going to bed. Been busy and ended up sitting at the hospital for ages. My uncle is dying from lung cancer and doesn't have long left. I couldn't stop crying seeing him like that :( only 55 years old.

Sylvia wrote: "Oh shoot, I haven't had a chance to read at all today. Hopefully I can get the chance to read a little before going to bed. Been busy and ended up sitting at the hospital for ages. My uncle is dyin..."

That is sad Sylvia. The last few days my mom had were excruciating. To see her like that. My prayers are with you.

Belkis wrote: "I hope he changes his mind too Tracy but it has to be so hard for him :( I'm on chapter 15"

Well you will have it finished today Belkis. I'm not sure how much reading I will get done today. I have to get ready for the Super Bowl. My boys are playing. Whoo hoo!!!

Tracy wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Oh shoot, I haven't had a chance to read at all today. Hopefully I can get the chance to read a little before going to bed. Been busy and ended up sitting at the hospital for ages. ..."

It's never easy and you're never prepared :( thank you hun for your prayers

Tracy wrote: "Belkis wrote: "I hope he changes his mind too Tracy but it has to be so hard for him :( I'm on chapter 15"

Well you will have it finished today Belkis. I'm not sure how much reading I will get don..."

Woohoo!! Hope your boys do great :D and yes, Belkis will be finished soon

I've made it to chp 17 and I'm really wanting Lou to leave Patrick.

message 48: by Belkis (last edited Feb 01, 2015 08:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "I've made it to chp 17 and I'm really wanting Lou to leave Patrick."

You and me both Tracy. He's such a self-centered ass!

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sylvia wrote: "Oh shoot, I haven't had a chance to read at all today. Hopefully I can get the chance to read a little before going to bed. Been busy and ended up sitting at the hospital for ages. My uncle is dyin..."

Oh Sylvia. I'm so sorry. That's so heartbreaking. I lost my auntie to lung cancer 4 years ago too. She was only 60 years old and we were devastated. Such a ruthless disease. My heart goes out to you honey.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "Belkis wrote: "I hope he changes his mind too Tracy but it has to be so hard for him :( I'm on chapter 15"

Well you will have it finished today Belkis. I'm not sure how much reading I will get don..."

You just enjoy the super bowl sweetie :) I hope your boys win!!

« previous 1 3