Malaysian Reads discussion

Networking, Promo & Buddy Reads > Please Read Before Posting

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by warhawke, The Dark One (last edited Jan 29, 2015 10:34PM) (new)

warhawke | 249 comments Mod

Goal: A casual place for local authors, bloggers and readers to gain exposure and create rapport with each other.

For Authors:
Authors can promote their books, ask for review/offer ARCs, announce book tour/giveaway.

For Bloggers & Reviewers:
Add your blog and/or social media links HERE for authors and readers to find potential host/following.

For Readers:
Find other readers to do buddy reads because reading is more fun when discussed with friends. Just be sure to use spoiler tags.
Buddy reading (BR) is when two or more individuals decided on a book to read and discuss it as they go along.

Any questions or clarification can be posted in this thread.

message 2: by Ivy (new)

Ivy Ngeow | 7 comments Cry of the Flying Rhino
Hi everybody, is anyone on Kindle Unlimited here in Malaysia? I am a Malaysian author and my book Cry of the Flying Rhino just came out last month. It has just won an award (2016 International Proverse Prize) and I am looking for Goodreaders who would like to download it for free to read and review it for Amazon, your own blogs, FB, right here on Goodreads etc. Hope y'all are interested. Many thanks. Ivy

message 3: by Herinza (new)

Herinza Syadza (rinsyadza) | 1 comments Ivy wrote: "Cry of the Flying Rhino
Hi everybody, is anyone on Kindle Unlimited here in Malaysia? I am a Malaysian author and my book Cry of the Flying Rhino just came out last month. It has ju..."

Hello Ivy, I am not on Kinde, but I would love to read your book!

message 4: by warhawke, The Dark One (new)

warhawke | 249 comments Mod
Hi Ivy,
You can make your own thread in this section instead of posting in this thread
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

message 5: by Ivy (new)

Ivy Ngeow | 7 comments Hi thank you, I am new to all this. This is great. Appreciate your tip.
warhawke wrote: "Hi Ivy,
You can make your own thread in this section instead of posting in this thread
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group..."

message 6: by Ivy (new)

Ivy Ngeow | 7 comments Hi Herinza! That's great, thanks. Do you mean a free copy? That is only available on Kindle Unlimited but I have no print copies to give out left. However, you can purchase it on the link given (it is paperback).
Herinza wrote: "Ivy wrote: "Cry of the Flying Rhino
Hi everybody, is anyone on Kindle Unlimited here in Malaysia? I am a Malaysian author and my book Cry of the Flying Rhino just came out last mont..."

message 7: by Jonson (new)

Jonson Chong (jonsonchong) | 1 comments P. Gunasegaram of The Vibes recommends Malaysians to read Paradise Lost: Mahathir & The End of Hope for themselves.

"It’s a book written by a Malaysian for Malaysians, and to some extent, you need to be a Malaysian to understand the full import of the book and its nuances, but someone not attuned to local politics will nevertheless learn a lot more from it than many cool, detached, unimpassioned academic treatises.

"It’s about heart and soul – all of ours and the nation’s – at the end of the day."

Check it out...

https://www.thevibes.com/articles/opi...