Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2015 > Elizabeth's Out To Cut Down Her TBR Book List In 2015 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Page | 3 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I just finished One Shot (Jack Reacher, #9) by Lee Childby Lee Child and fun thing is I think I saw the move ,can anyone tell me if that's the first Jack Reacher movie ever made.becouse as I was reading it ,it ..."

Yes Ma'am the movie starred Tom Cruise and Robert Duval.

message 2: by John (new)

John Page | 3 comments Elizabeth wrote: "So I'm re-reading the Isaac Bell Detective series by Clive Cussler and I was wondering if you all know any good aurthors or series that are some what like his style of writing or James Rollins,and ..."

Check out Steve Berry, Chris Kuzneski, and Raymond Kouhry. Steve Berry is my favorite of the group though.

message 3: by Elizabeth (last edited May 29, 2015 06:50PM) (new)

Elizabeth May's TBR 2015 Book List
Nook Books:
1: Kingdom Series Collection Books 1-3 (Kingdom, #1-3) by Marie Hall 327 pages finished five out of five stars
2: The Deadly Dozen America's 12 Worst Serial Killers (American Serial Killers) by Robert Keller 109 pages finished five out of five
3:: Box Set Books 1-3 (The Girl in the Box, #1-3) by Robert J. Crane 520 pages finished five out of five stars
4: Only Vampires Cry Blood (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #3) by Trina M. Lee five out of five stars finished 231
5: Seattle Quake 9.2 (A Jackie Harlan Mystery) by Marti Talbott 340 finished five out of five stars
6: Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1) by Colleen Coble 292 pages finished five out of five stars
7: Tahoe Deathfall by Todd Borg 443 pages finished five out of five stars
8: Voyage of the Dead (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #1) by David P. Forsyth 250 pages five out of five stars finished
9: John William and the Bandits of Basswood (John William's Adventure, Book 1) by Elizabeth Parkinson Bellows 50 pages didn't finish it 16 pages out of 50 pages
10: Claimed By The Captain (Lust On The High Seas, #1) by Verity Vixxen 30 pages four out of five stars
11: The Emerald Quest (The Noan Winter adventure series book #1) by Renee Pawlish 112 pages five out of five
Kindle Books
1:: Psychic Storm by C.J. Ellisson (ten books)2,187 pages five out of five starts
2: Mad World Epidemic by Samaire Provost 168 pages finished five out of five stars
3: Find Amy by Ian Collinson 258 pages finish 2 out of five stars
4: Missing Wives, Missing Lives (True Crime Library RJPP, #5) by J.J. Slate 173 pages five out of five stars
5: First Visions (Second Sight, #1) by Heather Topham Wood 221 pages finished five out of five stars
6: Memory Scents A Psychological Thriller by Gayle Eileen Curtis 301 pages finished five out five
7: The Night Series Collection Books 1 and 2 by R.S. Black 487 pages finished five out of five stars
8: Into Shadow (Shadow and Light Book 1) by T.D. Shields 207 pages two out
of five stars

Paper Back
One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost 357 pages five out of five stars finished
At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost 342 pages finished five out of five stars
Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost 355 page finished five out of five stars
This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost 357 pages finished five out of five stars
One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost 358 pages five out of five stars
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost 371 pages finished five out of five stars
Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb 355 pages finished five out of five stars
The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey finished 457 pages four stars
nook books
Unbalanced (Demon Lovers, #1) by Kate Douglas 75 pages five out of five stars
UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1) by Chanda Hahn 176 pages five out of five
kindle book
Debt Inheritance (Indebted, #1) by Pepper Winters 213 pages three out of five stars
Psi's Beginning by B.J. Walker Jr. read 35 pages out of 147 pages didn't finish 1 star out of five
nook book
The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1) by Angie Fox 637 pages finished five out of five
Werecat Avenue (Paranormal Subdivision #1) by Anjela Renee five out five stars finished 143 pages
kindle books

Laiden's Daughter (Clan MacDougall, #1) by Suzan Tisdale five out of five stars finished 248 pages
Dead Center (The Rookie Club #1) by Danielle Girard 260 pages finished four out of five stars
A Reasonable Suspect A Novel Inspired by Actual Events by S. Nicolas Vasil 1 star out of five star 357 pages finished
Wolf Among Snakes One Thousand Faces Vol 1 by Rosie Weir 832 pages 1 star out of five stars.
Marty Boggs & The Discovery of the Mummy's Tomb Book 0.5 by M.T. Acquaire four out of five stars 31 pages
The Killing Moon (Cole & Dana, #1) by V.J. Chambers 265 pagesfive out of five stars finished
Murder in the Boughs (Hank Mossberg, Private Ogre #1) by Jamie Sedgwick 170 pages four out of five stars
The End of Modern Civilization (Invasion USA, #1) by T.I. Wade 419 pages three out of five stars
Rogue Threat (Threat, #2) by A.J. Tata 336 pages five out of five stars
total number of books read for this month:41 books
total pages read:13,920

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (mr_andrew_c) | 139 comments Elizabeth - I saw that you have read a lot of Clive Cussler's books. I read one of his books a while ago and I'm thinking about reading others. Can you recommend a series to start with?

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (mr_andrew_c) | 139 comments Elizabeth wrote: ...but my all time favorite one is his Isaac Bell Adventures..."

Thanks!

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Psychic Storm by C.J. Ellisson :is made up of 10 different books, so I'll be listen them in the order that I'm reading them.
1st book: New Revelations (Second Sight, #2) by Heather Topham Wood New Revelations ( Second Sight book 2) by Heather Topham Wood 2 out of five stars
2nd book: The Council of Dark Root Armand (Daughters of Dark Root) by April Aasheim The Council Of Dark Root: Armand: The Daughters Of Dark Root companion novella by April Assheim five out of five stars
3rd: Tuesday's Child (Psychic Visions, #1) by Dale Mayer Tuesday's Child ( A Psychic Visions novel book #1) by Dale Mayer
five out of five stars. Reread for me because I have it already on my nook app but I'm glad its part of these 10 books.
4th Just a Little Nudge by Jesi Lea Ryan Just A Little Nudge by Jesi Lea Ryan five out of five starts
5th: Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase Haunted On Bourbon Street ( a Jade Calhoun novel) by Deanna Chase five out of five
6: SPIRITS AMONG US (The Spirits Trilogy #2) by Morgan Hannah MacDonald Spirits Among Us by Morgan Hannah MacDonald finished five out of five stars
7: London Allie's War Early Years (8.5) by J.C. Andrijeski London: Allies' War Early Years by JC Andrijeski three out of five stars
8th: Among the Living (PsyCop, #1) by Jordan Castillo Price Among The Living ( A Psycop Novella) by Jordan Castillo Price five out of five stars
9: Vampire Vacation (The V V Inn, #1) by C.J. Ellisson Vampire Vacation ( The V V Inn Book) by C.J.Ellison five out of five stars
10: Touched (Second Sight) by Hazel Hunter last book five out of five stars.
So this book has 2,187 pages in it.so glade that I'm done with it.

message 7: by Elizabeth (last edited May 31, 2015 04:23PM) (new)

Elizabeth ON this challenge page of mine I'm going to be doing it a little different then before, I'm still going to put up my monthly TBR book list, how many pages that I've read that month, the date that I started and finished them ( which is also new), how many stars, and if I'm reading them for a Goodreads Group challenge ( which is new).So some are is the same and there's some new stuff. Another new thing I'm doing is what I'm calling author's read of the month, which is baselly where if I have an author who I have so many of his or her book series ( like for the month of June the author for that month is James Rollins ,then I pick so many of his books or series to read or reread).

message 8: by Elizabeth (last edited Jun 29, 2015 05:21AM) (new)

Elizabeth June's 2015 TBR (list so far)Hope I can read all of them or most of them.
Total Of Books:18
Total of pages read in the month Of June:5,560
Kindle Books:
Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3) by Shannon Mayer Rylee Adamson Book 3( books 3-5 reading for my Goodreads group The Challenge Factory- June's Finish What You Started Challenge)read 6/7/15 five out of five stars 249 pages
Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4) by Shannon Mayer Rylee Adamson series book 4 read five stars out of five stars 251 pages 6/7/15-6/8/15
Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5) by Shannon Mayer Rylee Adamson series book 5 read five stars out of five stars 239 pages 6/8/15
Broken Symmetry by Dan Rix (Reading for Goodreads group: Hooked On Books challenge : June's Pick It for Me ) 1 star out of five stars read 6/8/15 448 pages
Want Trust no one, no one trusts (Numbered, #1) by Magus Tor read 6/12/15 four out of five stars 199 pages
Branded (Fall of Angels, #1) by Keary Taylor 370 pages started:6/1/16 finished 6/2/15 five out of five ( also read it for Give Me Five )
Outland (World-Lines) (Volume 1) by Dennis Taylor read 1 star out of five stars 6/15/15 306

Nook Books:
Hellsbane by Paige Cuccaro ( Reading for my Goodreads group The Challenge Factory Challenge: June's Dusty Bookshelf challenge 1 of 2 books for this challenge)read 6/7/15 three out of five stars 253 pages ( because of (Type o in some of the chapters)

Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1) by Julia Crane (IFICS #1) (2nd book to read for my Godreads group The Challenge Factory : June's Dusty Bookshelf challenge ) read and finish 6/7/15 3 put of five stars( because of (Type o in some of the chapters)166 pages

June's paperback/hardback ReReads ( author to reread is James Rollins)
Sandstorm (Sigma Force, #1) by James Rollins SIGMA # 1 read 6/21/15/-6/25/15 569 five out of five stars
Map of Bones (Sigma Force, #2) by James Rollins SIGMA #2 reading 6/25/15-6/29/15 five stars out of five stars 540 pages

The Blood Gospel (The Order of the Sanguines, #1) by James Rollins Order of the Sanguines series # 1 ( read and and finally finished) 6/10/15-5/17/15 479 pages five stars out of five stars.
Ice Hunt by James Rollins (individual adventures )read and finish 6/17/15-6/21/15 five out of five stars 509 pages

Apple IBooks
THE FÜHRER'S DAUGHTER (Episode 1 of 5) by Joshua Graham (Reading it for my Goodreads group challenge: Give Me Five)71 pages started:6/1/15 finished:6/1/15 five out of five stars

Bookshout Books

The books below the TBRTakedown Readathon are the one I hope I read for that read a thon, it starts June 1st and ends on June 7th. wish me luck.
TBRTakedown Readathon
Here is another read a thon I'm doing it starts June 1st- and ends June the 7th.Under each book that'll be list here your find the challenges that I used the book for. I hope I can at least some of these done if not all of them the challenges are listed beside the books
Cruise the Storm by David Chilcott (1: A book that's been on your TBR shelf over a year!)(nook TBR)read 25 pages out of 249 didn't /couldn't finish 1 star out of five started:6/1/15 finished 6/1/15
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan (2. An unread sequel sitting on your TBR shelf)(paperback TBR)312 pages started:6/1/15 finished 6/1/15 five out of five stars
The Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang (3rd:3. A first book in a series)(Bookshout TBR)still reading 6/1/15- (so far read only 136 pages)finished ( as a kindle book ) 6/18/15 731 pages
Amulet, Vol. 1 The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1) by Kazu Kibuishi (4th challenge question:. An "out of your comfort zone" book on le TBR shelf!)(kindle TBR)197 started 6/2/15 finished 6/2/15 four out of five stars
The Slizzers by Jerome Bixby (5th challenge question: A book from your most recent book haul)(Bookshout TBR )16 pages 6/3/15 -6/3/15 1 star out of five

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth So here is my frist up date on June's 2015 TBR books:
Was reading Cruise the Storm by David Chilcott for TBRTakedown Readathon at starts June 1st- 7th .1st challenge question.A book that's been on your TBR shelf over a year! So I picked this one. Notes on what I thought of it are:was my first book of this read a thon as well as the first one of my June 's TBR 2015 book list,and I heat to say this but I'm not going to finish it.I'm 25 pages in already and I don't know if it's the story line or how it written but I'm not enjoying it at all.if I could I would give it no rate at all but from a 1 to five star rating it gets a 1. This is a Couldn't Finish it book.Don't know if I'll give this author another try or not.

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth So here's my 2nd up date on my June's 2015 TBR: Just got done with THE FÜHRER'S DAUGHTER (Episode 1 of 5) by Joshua Graham five out of five , so here's what I thought of it:This is the first time that I've ever read a book like this and by this author, the idea behind the scenes are scary even for a fictional book ,because its the most intriguing book that I've read this year,it makes you stop and think what would and could have happened if Adolf Hitler had planned and really done some thing like this for real,how the world as we know it as today would have be completely different, because if this terrifying alternate history dystopian world the future is very dark,and the out come on that thought is very scary at lest t me,with that said I can't wait to read the next episode.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan 3rd up date on my June TBR list /2nd up date on TBRTakedown Readathon was going to be Reading it for TBRTakedown Readathon at starts June 1st- 7th . 2nd challenge question:2. An unread sequel sitting on your TBR shelf. So this is the one I picked since I already read books 1-2.OMJ I'm so stupid, can't believe that I didn't put this down on Goodreads as I've read it, because a few weeks back the power went off and I picked it up to read, loved it, five out of five stars

message 12: by Elizabeth (last edited Jun 02, 2015 06:53PM) (new)

Elizabeth Amulet, Vol. 1 The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1) by Kazu Kibuishi Reading it for TBRTakedown Readathon at starts June 1st- 7th . 4th challenge question:. An "out of your comfort zone" book on le TBR shelf! So this is the one I picked. So far I'm liken it and it fit right with been out of your comfort zone since I don't ever read this types of books.just finished it and so far I liked it,so four out of five stars, still out of my comfort zone but you some times need to read new things to see if its some you might like

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth So I've got almost all the books done that I'm reading for TBRTakeDown ReadAThon that started June 1st and goes to June the 7th.As while as done the challenge's which was:1st challenge read a book that been on your TBR shelf over a year: book for that was Cruise the Storm by David Chilcott (didn't and couldn't finish it gave it a 1 star won't be finishing it at all), 2nd challenge:an unread book in a series on your TBR shelf :picked out The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan ( unfortunately I forgot that I had already read it but I didn't put it down here on Goodreads until yesterday), 3rd challenge: a first book in a series on your TBR shelf: The Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang ( which I'm still reading has 37 stores in it ,so far I've read 7 of them if you look up above this your see a list of stories and the ones I've read are marked,will be reading it until the 7th then I'll add the pages and see how many I read for TBRTAKEDOWN read a thon)'4th challenge:an out of your comfort zone book on your TBR shelf: Amulet, Vol. 1 The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1) by Kazu Kibuishi (because I never read graphic novels at all, my sister loves them an read them while she was growing up and still does to me, me on the other hand while growing up didn't ever pick them up ,so they're way out of comfort zone as is anime and comic books)5th and last challenge: read a book from your most recent book haul:which was The Slizzers by Jerome Bixby ( I heated it,only 19 pages but still I didn't like it or enjoy it at all,good thing it was free on Bookshout)

message 14: by Elizabeth (last edited Jun 16, 2015 12:55PM) (new)

Elizabeth So I'm reading Stories in The Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang are

1:The Bronze Ring (read)6/2/16 7 pages

2:Prince Hyacinth and the Dear Little Princess (read)6/2/15 4 pages

3:East of the Sun and West of the Moon (read)6/2/15 6 pages

4:The Yellow Dwarf ( read) 12 pages 6/2/15( kind of reminded me of Romeo and Juliet)

5:Little Red Riding Hood (read) 2 pages 6/2/15 ( some what different then the one I read while growing up)

6:The Sleeping Beauty in the Wood (read) 6 pages 6/2/15

7:Cinderll,or the Glass Slipper (reading right now) 4 pages 6/3/14

8:Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp ( read) 6/4/15 7 pages

9:The Tale of a Youth Who Set Out To Learn What Fear Was ( read) 5 pages 6/4/15

10:Rumpelstiltzkin ( read)2 pages 6/4/15

11:Beauty and The Beast ( read) 10 pages 6/4/15

12:The Master-Maid (read)8 pages 6/4/15

13:Why The Sea Is Salt ( read)3 pages 6/4/15

14:The Master Cat;,Or, Puss In Boots (read)3 pages 6/4/15

15:Felica and the Pot of Pinks (read) 5 pages 6/4/15

16:The White Cat(read)9 pages 6/4/15

17:The Water-Lily.The Gold -Spinners(read) 5 pages 6/4/15

18:The Terrible Head( read)6 pages 6/4/15

19:The Story Of Pretty Goldilocks(read) 7pages 6/5/15

20:The History Of Whittington (read) 4 pages 6/5/15

21:The Wonderful Sheep(read) 9pages 56/5/15

22:Little Thumb(read) 5 pages 6/6/15

23:The Forty Thieves(read)5 pages 6/6/15

24:Hansel and Gretel (read) 4 pages 6/6/15( here's were I stopped reading for the TBRTAKEDOWN Read A Thon)

25:Snow-White and Rose-Red6/6/15 4 pages

26:The Goose-Girl 6/6/15 4 pages

27:Toads and Diamonds 6/7/15 2pages

28:Prince Darling6/8/15 7 pages

29:Blue Beard 6/9/15 3 pages( kind got in a little reading slump with this book so I stopped reading it right here for a few days/ plus from the 6/11/15-6/13/15 had a really bad migraine.)

30:Trusty John 6/14/15 4 pages( picked it back up on this date)

31:The Brave Little Tailor

32:1.1 Part I: A Voyage to Lilliput

1.2 Part II: A Voyage to Brobdingnag

1.3 Part III: A Voyage to Laputa, Balnibarbi, Luggnagg, Glubbdubdrib, and Japan

1.4 Part IV: A Voyage to the Country of the Houyhnhnms

33:The Princess of the Glass Hill

34:The History of Jack The Giant-Killer

35: The Story of Prince Ahmed and the Fairy Paribanou

36:Th Black Bull of Norroway

37:The Red Etin

I know that I won't be able to read of the stories for the read a thon that I'm reading it for but I can read most of it , and keep reading it though out this month of June, some I've read before but along time ago and some are new to me.So I'll read of them today and some on 6/6/ 15 but I know that I'll be reading it like I said before though this month. plus my there books that I have on my June's TBR.so of this books I've read so far from June 1st to June 6th 24 of the stories had to stop reading it for today it was started to put me in a reading slump.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Perry | 10 comments What are these though, are they buy the same author, I started reading A Game of Thrones, would I like these?

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Sarah wrote: "What are these though, are they buy the same author, I started reading A Game of Thrones, would I like these?"

The blue fairy book is by Andrew Lang and its part of the 12 books that he wrote each book has 37 different fairy tales from around the world.so if you love to read fairy tales then you might like these. The Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Red Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Yellow Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Pink Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Green Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Grey Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Brown Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Orange Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Crimson Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Violet Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Lilac Fairy Book by Andrew Lang , The Olive Fairy Book by Andrew Lang

message 17: by Elizabeth (last edited Jul 06, 2015 11:36AM) (new)

Elizabeth So I thought I would do an up date on my TBR Book list: so here it its.
Total books read so far in 2015 : 184 out of 185 books.
Link to my Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge:https://www.goodreads.com/user_challe...

Total Nook TBR Book List: 44
Link to my nook TBR list on Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/coror02/noo...

Total Kindle Book TBR List: 165 (this is the one I really need to cut down on)
Link to my kindle TBR list on Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/coror02/kin...

Total Bookshout TBR List: 43
Link to my Bookshout TBR list on Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/coror02/boo...

Total Apple IBooks TBR Book List: 34
Link to my Apple IBooks TBR list on Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/coror02/app...

total To Read Paperback TBR Book List: 67
Link to my To Be Paperback TBR list on Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/coror02/to-...

Total To Read Hardback TBR Book List: 15
Link to my To Read Hardback TBR List on Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/coror02/to-...

Total Books on My DNF ( Did Not Finish) TBR List: 23
Link to My DNF(Did Not Finish) TBR list on Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/coror02/my-...

Total Books On My ReReads TBR List: 59 ( can reread these any time)
Link to My Rereads TBR on Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/coror02/my-...

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth So I'm almost done with The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie and I have to say that I'm loving it even though it's my first time read a book by Agatha Christie,can't believe it took me this long to pick up a book by her.i'm differently going to pick up more of this series

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles OMG this was so different then anything I've ever read before. what can I say then this,it has everything you would want in a this type of book: at first all I know going in to it was that it was a book that had to do with Hitler ,and vampires,him winning the war, and then founding out there was so much more,like murder,an unsolved cold case,family secrets and lies,and every time I thought I had something figured out there were more twists and turns, more dark secrets that kept popping up,and I more I read the more I found out ,like how the vampires came to be in the first place.if you want to know more you have to read it for yourself.

message 20: by Elizabeth (last edited Jul 17, 2015 04:51PM) (new)

Elizabeth So the last 2 days haven't been fun, on 7/15/15 at 1:00am doing a really bad storm the top of our power pole broke off so from 1:am to 5:00pm we was with out power,they had to put up a new power pole,and power lines, to get our power back on then from the rest of 7/15/15 to now 7/17/15 we had no internet because our internet line was broken as well ,so Suddenly Link had to come up and fix that .

message 21: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 13, 2015 04:23AM) (new)

Elizabeth August's 2015 TBR Book List
Total Books:13
Books Reads So Far:
Total Pages

Kindle:
1: Embraced Chained in Darkness - (Book One of Season One) by Nicholas Bella (Challenge:The Dusty Bookshelf/one of 2 books for this challenge-The Challenge Factory-picked by Amy) pages 36 8/4/15 five stars
2: Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout ( Dusty Bookshelf Challenge 2 of 2 for that challenge-The Challenge Factory- picked by Amy) pages 294 1 star
3: Forgotten Time (Ravenhurst Series, #1) by Lorraine Beaumont ( challenge: August 2015 Finish What You Started ( series) challenge- The Challenge Factory- picked by Paris ( Ravenhurst series book 1)pages: 360 five stars 8/6/15
4: Shadows of Yesterday by Lorraine Beaumont ( challenge: August Finish What You Started ( series) Challenge- The Challenge Factory-picked by Paris ( Ravenhurst series book2) pages 306 8/6/15-8/7/15 five stars
5: Somewhere in Time by Barbara Bretton ( 2015 August Pick It For Me Challenge ( quite misty mornings - new beginnings) - Romance Reading Challenges - picked by Suzanne pages 352 8/2/15 2 stars
6: Manannan Trilogy by Michele McGrath ( 2015 August Pick It For Me Challenge- Romance Reading Challenge ( beautiful sunset- long book) picked by Suzanne 610 pages 8/2/15 five stars

Apple Ibooks
7: Lady of Devices (Magnificent Devices, #1) by Shelley Adina ( August 2015 Pick It For Me Challenge- Hooked On Books-picked by Jan)pages:225 8/4/15 four stars
8: Reckless Nights in Rome by C.C. MacKenzie ( 2015 August Pick It For Me Challenge( sunny days at the beach- orange cover) Romance Reader Reading Challenge- picked np by Suzanne pages : 225 8/3/15-8/4/15 five stars
9: The Soul Mate (The Holy Trinity, #1) by Madeline Sheehan ( 2015 August Pick It For Me Challenge-Romance Reader Reading Challenge-(storm nights- mostly grey cover) picked by Suzanne pages 227 8/4/15 four stars

Nook
10: The Girl from Yesterday by David L. Dawson ( 2015 August Pick It For Me Challenge-Romance Reader Reading Challenge( storm nights- short book) picked by Suzanne pages:44 8/3/15 five stars

DNF
11: Jaws by Peter Benchley ( #AYearAThon monthly read a thon: TV or movies adoption)4 and half stars
12: Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers ( TV or Movie adoption)8/5/15-8/6/15 1 star
13: The Red Fairy Book by Andrew Lang ( carry over from July TBR)
Feeding the Kindle Addiction . . . with HOT FREEBIES!
Pick me a buddy challenge -picked by Jane
Armed and Fabulous (Lexi Graves Mystery, #1) by Camilla Chafer 1 star
Belvedor and the Four Corners (Belvedor Saga Book 1) by Ashleigh Bello 522 pages 8/7/15 5 stars
Invisible Magic (Alex Noziak #1) by Mary Buckham 1 star

challenge: August 2015 Finish What You Started ( series) challenge- The Challenge Factory- picked Shantal

Vampire Love Story First Seven Novels by H.T. Night ( books 1-7)

Tv/ movie adoption
White Shark by Peter Benchley five stars

message 22: by Elizabeth (last edited Jul 29, 2015 06:24AM) (new)

Elizabeth July's 2015 TBR Book List
Total books : 31
Books read so far: 30 and half
Total pages read for July:8,018
Challenges are list beside the books
MOST IMPORTANT
Kindle TBR:
1: Contamination Boxed Set (Contamination #0-3) by T.W. Piperbrook ( challenge : July's Finish What You Started -The Challenge Factory )read 7/1/15-7/2/15 five out of five stars 465 pages
2: The Arch of Avooblis (Adventurers' Academy #1) by Charles Streams ( challenge :July's Dusty Bookshelf challenge : one of two books for this challenge= The Challenge Factory) read 7/3/15-7/4/15 five stars out of five stars 271 pages
3: Clockwork Dreams by Fan T.C. (challenge : July's Pick It For Me-Hooked On Books)read 7-2/15-7/3/15 five stars out of five stars 247 pages

Bookshout TBR:
4: The Island of Doctor Moreau by H.G. Wells July's Dusty Bookshelf challenge : two of two books for this challenge= The Challenge Factory)read 7/3/15 four stars out of five stars 179 pages

Apple IBOOKS TBR:
5: The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie ( AYearAThon- July's 2015 Agatha Christie/Mystery-July 's To Be Read (TBR)7/6/15-7/7/15 five stars rating 249 pages

DNF(Did Not Finish) TBR:
6: Sherlock Holmes The Complete Novels and Stories Volumes I and II by Arthur Conan Doyle ( #AYearAThon : ) #AYearAThon(7/6/15-7/12/15)/Hooked On Books week long read a thon (7/5/15-7/12/15)/Paranormal Addicts &Newbies read a thon(7/6/15-7/11/15) 796 pages out of 1,689 pages Finished The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

Kindle TBR
7: The Wild One (The de Montforte Brothers, #1) by Danelle Harmon 7/12/15 five stars 384 pages

Bookshout TBR:
8: Shadows by RA Harris read 7/4/15 1 star out of five stars 33 pages

DNF(Did Not Finish)TBR
9: Legacies (Shadow Grail, #1) by Mercedes Lackey ( once again it's on my DNF shelf,won't be picking it anytime soon to finish it) read only 168 pages out of 320 pages 1 star

Apple iBooks TBR:
10 Eyes of the Hammer (The Green Berets, #1) by Bob Mayer 7/17/15-7/24/15 five stars 284 pages
11 Valley Of The Shadow (Kathlyn Trent/Marcus Burton Romance Adventure, #1) by Kathryn Le Veque 7/17/15 five stars 364 pages
12: Dazzled by Silver (Layers Trilogy, #0.5) by Lacey Silks 7/16/15-7/17/15 five stars 235 pages
13: Vampire Slave, #1 by Yamila Abraham 3 half stars 7/16/15 27 pages

To Be Read Paperbacks TBR:
14: Deadlock (Southern Arcana, #3) by Moira Rogers 7/8/15-7/10/15 five stars
15: Zoo by James Patterson 7/15/15 four and half stars 372 pages

To Be Read Hardback Books TBR:
16 Virals (Virals, #1) by Kathy Reichs 7/15/15-7/16/15 five stars 454 pages

My Reread TBR:
17: Black Order (Sigma Force, #3) by James Rollins 7/16/15-7/17/15 five stars 506 pages
18: Altar of Eden by James Rollins 7/14/15 five stars 398 pages

Nook TBR:
19: All Fall Down (Hostage Negotiation Team #1) by Julie Coulter Bellon 7/15/15-7/22/15 five stars

NetGalley
20 Tortures of the Damned by Hunter Shea 7/7/15-7/8/15 2 stars 447 pages
21: Murder on Easter Island A Daniel "Hawk" Fishinghawk Mystery by Gary D. Conrad 7/8/15-7/10/15 216 page five stars
22: Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles 7/13/15-7-14/15 four stars 498 pages

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#TBRTakeDown 2.0 ( 7/25/15-7/31/15)
TBR Challenges
1: 1: First book in a series: Firewall (FBI Houston, #1) by DiAnn Mills 7/27/15/7/28/15 five stars 418 pages
2. Sequel Book in a series: The Red Fairy Book by Andrew Lang
3. Out of your comfort zone (genre, author, reviews, etc): Amulet, Vol. 2 The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet, #2) by Kazu Kibuishi
4. On your shelf over a year (or the longest): License Renewed by John Gardner 7/25/15 3 stars 285 pages
5. Most recently hauled book: Serial Killers Exploring the Horrific Crimes of Little Known Murderers by Jack Smith 7/27/15 five stars 89 pages
Kindle books:
The Deceived (L.A.P.D. Special Investigations, #1) by Linda Style five stars 7/25/15-7/26/15 372
The Ghoul of the School of Fools (A Tale Told in Verse, #1) by Aldred Chase 7/25/15 1 star 84 pages
To be read paperback
Carte Blanche (James Bond) by Jeffery Deaver five stars 7/26/15-7/27/15 517

Apple IBooks
Raggedy Ann Stories by Johnny Gruelle five stars 7/25/15 99 pages

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth so how was everyone's day yesterday, mine not so great because my Ipad screen got cracked from one corner to another , actually it 2 crakes one is small but there's a big one that goes from the left corner to the right side and the one in the right corner is the small one)so I had to send it off to get it fix,So this is an update to let you know that I'm still going to be doing the challenges with my groups , think goodness I found three of my books on nook for free because the three I'm taking about Lady of Devices (Magnificent Devices, #1) by Shelley Adina , Reckless Nights in Rome by C.C. MacKenzie and The Soul Mate (The Holy Trinity, #1) by Madeline Sheehan are all Apple IBooks , so now I have copies of them on my nook app:
Challenges are:
Romance Readers Reading Challenges:Pick-It-For-Me Challenge ( August 's pick it for me)books are: Reckless Nights in Rome by C.C. MacKenzie and The Soul Mate (The Holy Trinity, #1) by Madeline Sheehan , Manannan Trilogy by Michele McGrath , Somewhere in Time by Barbara Bretton and The Girl from Yesterday by David L. Dawson

Feeding the Kindle Addiction........with Hot:Pick me a buddy challenge ( August)

Hooked on Books:Pick it for me ( monthly) book is: Lady of Devices (Magnificent Devices, #1) by Shelley Adina ,August 2-9 week long read a thon

The Challenge Factory: challenges are :Monthly )Dusty Bookshelf Challenge= Embraced Chained in Darkness - (Book One of Season One) by Nicholas Bella , Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout ,2nd challenge is :(Monthly) Finish What You've Started (Series) Challenge= Forgotten Time (Ravenhurst Series, #1) by Lorraine Beaumont and Shadows of Yesterday (Ravenhurst Series, #2) New Adult Time Travel Romance by Lorraine Beaumont

Paranormal Addicts & Newbies:( monthly) read a thon August 2-8

#AYearAThon: August ( 3-9)-TV & Movie Adaptation : Jaws by Peter Benchley and Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers ( so far)
and that's so far. think goodness my sister let me put both the kindle and nook app on her new laptop.