Start by marking “Armed and Fabulous (Lexi Graves Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Armed and Fabulous (Lexi Graves Mystery, #1)

Armed and Fabulous

(Lexi Graves Mysteries #1)

All Lexi wants to do is get through the day at her boring temp job with Green Hand Insurance. That’s until she discovers the vice president, Martin Dean, in a pool of blood and herself at the center of an investigation into insurance fraud.

Millions of dollars are missing, the chief suspect is dead and her mysterious, sexy, new boss is not what he seems.

Recruited by the
Published May 16th 2012 by Audacious (first published 2012)

Start your review of Armed and Fabulous (Lexi Graves Mystery, #1)
Lyndi W.
Feb 27, 2014 marked it as d-n-f
This is just a mess. A ridiculous mess.

Lexi is a moron. She's supposed to be incredibly smart, but she keeps trying to get herself killed. She's supposed to not draw attention to herself, but proceeds to do just that. Over and over.

While she's trying to get herself killed, she's also supposed to be planning her older sister's baby shower. But her sister kinda hates her and Lexi feels the same. So why she was asked to plan the shower in the first place, I don't know. But the side plot of this
Melissa Levine
Right off I have to comment on the fact that this book reminded me of the characters from Janet Evanovich's series, Stephanie Plum.

Stephanie: big family, works for bail bonding company but does detective work, ends up dating Joe the cop, while also being attracted to the quiet, mysterious, unknown guy, Ranger (Spanish). No one knows who he really is, where he comes from...in the end (of whatever book it was) he asks Stephanie to come work for him at his detective agency. Who also drives fancy
Mahoghani 23
Witty, dangerous and add a little romance and the title matches the storyline. The story reads almost like a Jessica Fletcher story whereas the police can't figure out the simplest things but the heroine, Lexi Graves, can. She comes from a family of cops but doesn't wish to be one. She's working as a temp in an insurance company when a murder lands in her lap.

Easy read....no frills and minimum excitement.
Victoria Limbert
Simply the easiest FIVE stars I have given in a while. Everyone should read this. The standard of writing/editing surpasses many of my recent reads and I was fully thrown in to Lexi's character, the plot and the two hunky men she can barely choose between.

Lexi is sassy, smart and unique. She chooses a boring temping job over a career she could easily have with her brains, wits, looks and ambitions. Still, her life is plunged in to darkness and danger and crime when she discovers her boss's dead
✴ Cindy ✴
This was a fun read. A little bit of a knock of the Stephanie Plum love triangle with an imitation Ranger and Morelli. Lexie didn't remind me of Stephani, though, which was good. She actually seemed a little more dumb.

One think I did like is that Lexie had a healthy sexual drive and didn't have a problem grabbing what she wanted. It was refreshing not to have to listen to the mental ramblings of self shaming.

I'm going to read the next book and see where it goes.
Catherine
Sep 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
This was so unrealistic and irritating to read. The main character felt the need to mention her blonde hair, her body, and her intelligence on almost every page. The "romance" had no substance.
Sakina
Apr 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014-read, spy-books
This book was a Disappointment
Having read the High Heels series I was interested in checking some more chick-flick spy books and I came across this. The cover is good enough and the description caught my attention. As I have been reading quite a few paranormal and fantasy novels, I thought of reading something light and regarding chick-flick. So I thought of reading this. And it was a waste of time.

I had already suspected who the killer was by the 5th chapter and before half of the book got
Rose
This was a fun read.

I loved Lexi and Lily. And Lexi's (protective) brothers. And Maddox. I couldn't find anything to love about Solomon because you don't know anything about him (yet).

The only thing that annoyed me was the telling-not-showing at the end which was kind of epilogue-ish and bothered me because this is a series. (view spoiler)
Kjen
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Easy Stars...Cute, light, and funny...but not boring. I'll probably read the series, because I'm already team Solomon and like my chances;) Excellent side characters and good continuing story line potential have me looking forward to book 2.
Jaclyn
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ammp-fairytales
There was too much absurdity in the storyline for me to really enjoy this. So much didn’t make any sense and had me rolling my eyes at the ridiculousness of it all.
June
Lexi Graves is billed as being a smart woman who happens to be doing a temp job because she isn’t sure what she wants to do. She comes from a cop family but has no interest in playing that role. In this first installment she finds herself with more on her hands at the Green Hand insurance company.

I wished it like this more but it had elements that I can’t abide. Love triangles, improbable plot are a big no-no. And this has most of the romance tropes in spades. The premise of a young blonde
Minx
This story kept my interest but it also contained my nemesis trope, (view spoiler) but thank goodness it wasn't too irritating. There were a bunch of pop culture references that gave me a good chuckle. The mystery was okay, knew who the scoundrel was pretty early but the overall story was entertaining. I don't think this will be a series I continue but maybe if the next book fits a reading challenge of some sort....
Ally
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
Stacey Fowler
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book!
It has humour, romance and criminal activity.
No, David! No!
-- Silly storyline, with a mystery that some should have solved in 15 minutes
Tracey Lerer
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good beach book

It was a good read with witty banter throughout. The ending was a bit predictable though. I would read the second book in the series.
Tabby -  Shattered Hearts Reviews
First things first - I've heard tons of negative comments about this series. Why? Simply because some people feel that it is TOO much like the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. Since I am one that has read the ENTIRE series so far, I can say with certainty that Chafer has written very original characters with their own fascinating stories & plot lines. While I can see why there may be some comparison - it pretty much ends with her being conflicted a guy. Seriously though; name one ...more
Paula  Phillips
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Coming from a family of cops, you would have thought that possibly Lexi Graves would have gone into the law field as her brothers are policemen, her dad now a retired cop and her sister is a lawyer and ready to make partner. Whereas Lexi is happily working away as a temp in an office where she can play "dumb" and not have to think too much. Her latest job is working as a temp at Green Hand Insurance agency, typing up reports for the VP Martin Dean and trying to avoid the eyes of her boss Adam ...more
Martin Landry
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I got this ebook as a recommendation based on other ebooks I've enjoyed, and at first I was somewhat annoyed; in the beginning of the book, Lexi seems to be a vacuous and stereotypically dumb blonde, and I came close to dropping it. Lexi spends more time being a dumb blonde than an investigator, and the dialogue is quite painful at times. As I read on, however, I found the plot development interesting, enough to hang on until the end. While the antagonist became the prime suspect in my mind ...more
Denise
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, read-2017
Working as a temp at an insurance company, the only things Lexi expects from her job are boredom and miserable paychecks. She certainly doesn't expect to stumble across the company's vice president's freshly murdered body and right into an insurance fraud investigation. Turns out her sexy and majorly irritating boss is really an undercover cop who's been investigating the company for some time, and now that she's aware of both the murder and the investigation, he brings Lexi in to help, sending ...more
Trish
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow! A free ebook that was well worth the time to read and left me feeling guilty that I needed to send the author something. I did ... ordered the next book in the series! Lexi Graves appears to like being an oxymoron -- a smart blonde. Working as a temp she does just enough work to get by and get paid, but she pays attention and knows more than she lets on. I enjoyed this introduction into a mystery series and was surprised at how well-written and easy to read it was. Wish all my kindle ...more
Tammy
Mar 28, 2013 rated it liked it
This story got off to a shaky start for me. I caught a storyline inconsistency early on and because I am OCD it really bothered me.
I had to put the book down for several days before picking it back up. Once I got past that issue I ran into some problems with the silliness of the main characters actions .She would repeatedly go off on her own and “ investigate” which I didn’t care for. However…Once I started to get a feel for the character .I started to find her actions endearing. Go figure..
I
K.T.
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an easy, lighthearted read and I liked it. I thought the main character took some silly risks but they kept the plot moving along even though it was frustrating for the reader. For instance, would a single female really keep leaving the front door open when she knew someone wanted to kill her? I think she picked the wrong love interest and there wasn't enough about him to make it a clear cut choice for me. It's a series so perhaps I'll find her changing allegiance, who knows. It shows ...more
Caroline
Aug 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, murder-mystery
This seemed to be a take off Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum series. We have Lexi Graves, a smart, sassy and sexy woman who just happens to find the CEO of the company she temps at dead. She has a sexy looking boss who turns out to be an undercover detective and being somewhat inquisitive in nature but in a fun and entertaining way, she starts investigating the murder together with her friend and neighbor, Lily. Like Stephanie Plum, she finds herself attracted to and attracting 2 smoldering ...more
Izzie d
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it is really funny. Lilly her best friend is hilarious.
Kristen
Mar 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Don't judge! Free on iBooks and fairly entertaining. Silly and predictable though. It could easily be made into a series on USA network.
Angela Verdenius
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this mystery and the characters. Light humour, light read.
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder, fraud, blackmail, can she figure it before someone finds her dead?

Armed and Fabulous by Camilla Chafer is the first book in the Lexi Graves Mysteries Series, this book starts out a little like the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Ms. Chafer has given it a different spin. I liked the book and similarities aren’t that big of a deal. The characters are well rounded and the story kept moving along at a nice speed.

Lexi Graves is a temp extraordinaire. She has long beautiful blond
Valerie
I read this book for the 2018 ATY challenge: A book with a "Clue" weapon on the cover.

In this case, it is a gun. If you like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels, you will also like this book; this series. There is Lexi Graves, who is employed in a not too brilliant position as a temp in an insurance company. However, she comes from a family of cops or lawyers, as the case may be. She finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time. She finds herself in the company and/or being looked for
Synthetic Darkness
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Stephanie plum fans
If you like Janet evanovich's Stephanie plum series you are probably going to love this series.

Here's how I compare the two.

Lexi reminds me of Stephanie they both have horrible luck, crazy funny families and friends, and they both are stuck between two guys to choose from romantically.

Maddox reminds me of Morelli. They are both cops and honestly are almost identical in the way they act. Too much comparison here.

Finally Solomon completely reminds me of Ranger. Both are sexy and very secretive no

• No One to Trust (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #2)
  • No Place Like Rome (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #3)
  • No Strings Attached (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #8)
  • No One Lives Twice (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #1)
  • No Living Soul (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #9)
  • No Biz Like Showbiz (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #4)
  • No Woman Left Behind (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #6)
  • No Room for Error (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #7)
  • Scottsdale Heat (Laura Black Mysteries, #1)
  • No Test for the Wicked (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #5)
  • Scottsdale Sizzle (Laura Black Mysteries #3)
  • No Regrets (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #10)
  • Whiskey Rebellion (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #1)
  • No Stone Unturned (Lexi Carmichael Mystery #11)
  • Scottsdale Sting (Laura Black Mysteries #5)
  • Scottsdale Scorcher (Laura Black Mysteries, #4)
  • Scottsdale Shadow (Laura Black Mysteries #7)
  • No Such Thing as a Secret (Brandy Alexander Mystery, #1)
Hi! I'm a USA Today bestselling author of mystery and urban fantasy novels. I'm also a freelance journalist and have written for newspapers, magazines and websites throughout the world.

Lexi Graves Mysteries (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Who Glares Wins (Lexi Graves Mystery, #2)
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • Shock and Awesome (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #4)
  • Weapons of Mass Distraction (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #5)
  • Laugh or Death (Lexi Graves Mystery, #6)
  • Kissing in Action (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #7)
  • Trigger Snappy (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #8)
  • A Few Good Women (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #9)
  • Ready, Aim, Under Fire (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #10)
  • Rules of Engagement (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #11)
“But...was he flirting?
Hmm.
Not sure what I thought of that. A nice office flirt did make the day go faster, but Adam was my boss, not to mention an annoying one, and I was nothing if not professional.
Snort. Yeah. That made me laugh too.”
1 likes