Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Please combine

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2015 11:01PM) (new)

Please combine this edition and dat one. Thank you!

This: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Dat: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Valkyrie's Vengeance is an expanded version of The Child Thief and it will be the new Book 0 in the Loki's Wolves series. I'm leaving The Child Thief available for now since it's perma free and well reviewed but I've removed its number in the series order. I'm just calling it a short story set within the series universe now.

Sorry if this explanation is convoluted. Of course, it's entirely up to the librarians on how they'd like to handle the matter.

message 2: by Nan (last edited Jan 26, 2015 11:07PM) (new)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

No, VV is an expanded version of the Child Thief. Same story but 20k longer.

message 4: by Nan (last edited Jan 27, 2015 04:44AM) (new)

Nan (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments So you want The Child Thief to be treated like a short story that's part of the series?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

The Child Thief is a short story (13,000 words). And it is part of the series. I hope that's okay. :)

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Jan 27, 2015 09:51AM) (new)

rivka | 43615 comments Mod
Re 6: Since it was not really a change, but replacing the front + back with just the front, done.

However, it gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book or author is also used for other books. Start new ones for other books.

message 8: by هبة (new)

هبة ربيع (heba) | 15 comments thanx

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Melissa wrote: "The Child Thief is a short story (13,000 words). And it is part of the series. I hope that's okay. :)"

The problem is that your current numbering implies that readers should start with book 0, then read book .5, and then book 1. This is likely to be confusing.

Not sure what to suggest instead, as combining them when one is over twice as long isn't the greatest option either.

message 10: by هبة (new)

هبة ربيع (heba) | 15 comments Melissa wrote: "You can actually change the cover yourself."

I tried but failed. How?

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Authors do not have the ability to change covers, only to add a cover when one has not previously been added to one of their books.

message 12: by Nan (new)

Nan (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments Okay Z helped me figure this out so what we should do is that The Child Thief is #0.5, Valkyrie's Vengeance is #1 and the rest is #2 and #3. However, I'm not sure if that's what you wanted?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Nandar,
The Child Thief is number nada. It's just a freebie short story that my series was originally based on. The Loki's Wolves series is based on it but it's not a 0 or a 0.5. I've replaced it with an expanded story but haven't yanked it from publication yet.

The series order is:
Valkyrie's Vengeance #0
Hunger Moon #1
Battle Cry #2
Book Three hasn't released yet

message 14: by Nada (new)

Nada (nada-sadek) | 1077 comments #14 combined

message 15: by Z-squared (last edited Jan 28, 2015 12:09PM) (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Hi Melissa,

How about this? There's nothing that requires EVERY book in a series to have a number. How about I number the books as you requested, starting with 0, then leave The Child Thief numberless? I can also leave a note in the series description that The Child Thief has been expanded substantially to become Valkyrie's Vengeance and that the author recommends reading the new version instead. Will that work for you?

ETA: You might consider adding something in the book description for The Child Thief to let readers know about Valkyrie's Vengeance as well.

message 16: by Leta (new)

Leta B. | 2 comments Hi,
Could you please combine my ebook listing with the paperback listing for Your Steady Soul? There are two ratings and I would want to keep those.

Thank you so much! Have a good day.

Leta B.

message 17: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #16 - Done.

Really helps if you provide a link to the book.

BTW, you can claim your Author Profile by following the link below.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/confirm/11098021.Leta_B_

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Z-Squared,
Yes, that's fine. Sounds perfect.
I'll take another look at the description for TCT.

message 19: by Leta (new)

Leta B. | 2 comments Philip wrote: "#16 - Done.

Really helps if you provide a link to the book.

BTW, you can claim your Author Profile by following the link below.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/conf..."

Thank you so much for your help! I am learning. Take care. Leta