Start by marking “Valkyrie's Vengeance (Loki's Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Valkyrie's Vengeance (Loki's Wolves, #1)

Valkyrie's Vengeance (Loki's Wolves #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  221 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Book #1 in the LOKI'S WOLVES series.
(A complete novel which can be read as a standalone or as part of the Loki's Wolves series)

A thirty-year alliance that aligned wolves and hunters has shattered.

Victoria Storm leads a few surviving members of her pack in a desperate flight. As the only surviving child of their leaders, the she-wolf inherited the role of Alpha. The violent
Published January 23rd 2015 by Nordic Lights Press

To ask other readers questions about Valkyrie's Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valkyrie's Vengeance

Sufficiently Advanced Magic by Andrew RoweCrown of Ice by Vicki L. WeavilThe Waterfall Traveler by S.J. LemDevotion by Katika SchneiderBallad of the Beanstalk by Amy McNulty
SPFBO 3 2017
297 books — 122 voters
The Unleashing by Shelly LaurenstonThe Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley ColeNo Rest for the Wicked by Kresley ColeDreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley ColePleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole
Valkyries
60 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Coco.V
Jul 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (7/4/2018)!💝
Kitvaria Sarene
3* UF with a bit of romance

NEWSLETTER ADVERTISING UNDERNEATH CHAPTER HEADER! This annoyed me to no end.. You gotta flip through quite some pages to finally get to the actual story, and then it says "Chapter one" only to tell you to subscribe to the newsletter after that. I don't think that is actually the start of the plot... *rolls eyes*

Emotions in this one are all over the place. One moment is so scared for her packmate, and the next she giggles. The man who thinks she is responsible for the d
Maryblack
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
this book was given to me but LoP in an exchange of an honest review

Valkyrie's Vengeance is a book made for lovers of Scandinavian mythology and supernatural........and Im proud of reading it...

Melissa Snark has a way of storing things in the readers mind and making him crave more of her book.....

Her heroine, an indepedent and brave woman inspires courage and dignity despite all the barriers life has thrown in her way

I would like to continue reading her books and I wholeheartedly rate it with a
Jamies
Not sure how i feel going forward

This was a freebie.
Granted the story was decently written and I did find the supernatural elements good. It was harder to combine my thinking of the shifter world with the old school Norse world, than it should have been. Not sure if it's how the author introduced everything or just me. I'm somewhat intrigued to read the rest of the books but also not super excited about them. Probably end up on the to-read list for awhile.

Update: So I read the blurbs for the res
Claire
This was quite an exciting and fast paced book, had my heart beating a bit faster in some parts! I haven't read a lot of shifter books, but I found the Norse angle really interesting. Also really enjoyed the writing style. Melissa Snark is like an artist painting a picture with words, because I felt like I was in the scenes with Victoria. (The vision sequence Freya gives her about the little girl? Awful! I was nearly in tears.)

Turns out I had The Child Thief in my Kindle collection unread. Who k
Lauren
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I receive a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, Lovers of Paranormal.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat pretty much the whole time. This was a twist on shifter lore that I really like! Adding in the Norse mythology is an angle that I have not come across before in my hunts for a good shifter read. I am also a fan of the writing style. Snark has a way of weaving the tale that keeps you wanting more without wanting me to pull my hair out (I quite like my hair where it is lol)
Varun Prabhu
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first instalment of Loki's Wolves Series. The author crafts a wonderfully written tale which has relatable characters and really good action sequences at the end. Through her depiction of Jake Barrett, one can feel how threatening he is. Mysterious paranormal creatures, werewolves, valkyries, and priestess, all in all a really good tale. Refreshing as well. A recommended fantasy fiction.
Shelly Wygant
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fast paced book that had great characters and a storyline that flowed well. What I loved most was the mythology of the story. You had mythical creatures, shape shifters, and hunters. I was constantly on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened next.
Luciana Correa
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Snark found an intriguing balance between shifters and Norse mythology to create her wolf shifter Valkyrie.

The young woman could not have a better name-Victory.

She has huge responsibilities as a protector-the Alpha of her pack, on the run from the Barret Hunters.

The Barret's Hunters killing spree rose hate and hard feelings.  The loss of her family and other pack members was unforgettable.

Victory is strong-willed, determined and resilient.

She must protect and guide her pack. For that,
Cathy McGough
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was searching for something new to read and the cover drew me in. After reading the synopsis I downloaded and started reading. The main character Victoria is a woman with a lot on her plate. As Alpha she defends and leads, but she is also a healer, a helper of the helpless, a fearless fighter a preserver of traditions. At the same time, she is suffering loss with symptoms of PTSD and racked with guilt over the death of her partner and her inability to save him. There are some harrowing scenes ...more
Dawn
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How cool is this book? Awesome.

I really enjoyed this book. But it does require some tissues. Just a little warning. The background tied into Norse Mythology is truly unique. I don't like to give much away because I hate spoilers. But I will start with the main character, Victory, who had to become Alpha of her pack at a young age has been through an extremely rough time. So has her pack. This is definitely one of the more original Wolf shifter books I've read. And one can't wait to read more of
laurie moore
This book was ok,

I read a lot and I like how this book started. But to me a good book takes a day or more to read. I'm no speed reader , but this book only took 2 hours. I known it take longer to write than read and I know if you don't commit the book always changes. The book has potential just wish it was longer.
Margaret
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poor Victoria, her world has all but collapsed and she is struggling to survive but she still finds time to be a hero. This is a fast paced story and you may need some tissues, there is lots happening and the characters are all great. It does end on a slight cliff hanger but that just means I need to read more in this series.
Christine Lee
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***THIS BOOK WAS PROVIDED TO NERD GIRL IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Melissa Snark is a new-to-me author.

Valkyrie's Vengeance, a prequel short to Loki's Wolves, pulled me in the minute I opened the book! I literally could not put it down.

I love the fully fleshed out characters, and the world building is top-notch.

This is a short and quick read, and sets up the series wonderfully. You immediately identify with the main character, Victoria (Victory) Storm, and the story keeps you on the edge
Becki
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Valkyrie’s Vengeance

This was a little different than the wolf shifter books I’ve read. Also, this can be read as a stand-alone book but really is a serial. I enjoyed the book but I believe I will have to read the other books in the series to get my HEA.
Michelle Fritz PA
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking Tale

This was an intriguing story. The plot was solid, well thought out and constructed. Victoria is a force and quite an emotional character. This ends with a huge cliff hanger that begs you to keep reading.
Diane Werning
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Valentine's Vengeance

This was a different kind of shifter book than I normally read,the story was great and really kept you on your toes.So much sadness and loss.I hope the rest of the books are this good.
Pat Raab
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abduction, death and despair. Victoria is an anomaly, in that she serves both Odin and Freya. But she is also nursing a broken heart, trying to find a missing child, and attempting to keep herself and her pack alive. Fast-paced, multi-faceted.
Susan Commeford
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book

The mix of wolves and Valkyries is an interesting one. It does start out with story untold, which is rather confusing, but it picks up quickly. Some tighter editing would be beneficial. Overall, a good read.
Victoria
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Susie Lynch
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great new book

A fun an easy read. Love the Norse mythology books but they are hard to find. Keep up the good work.
Theresa
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read.
Faye
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a heartbreaking novel. Victoria is an Alpha wolf shifter but she is also a priestess to Freya and a Valkyrie to Odin. Loved her titles by the way. She is on the run from hunters due to a misunderstanding about a death of a certain someone but she also feels guilty about it. Because of that, there's a battle brewing between the hunters and wolf shifters and both sides suffered casualties.

And back to main story is that she needs to align herself with the hunters who want to kill in order
Laure
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review contains spoilers.

Victoria Storm ia a shapeshifter, a priestess of the goddess Freya and one of Odin's Valkyries. She is also her very small packs alpha, since her parents and most of the pack was killed by Hunters. The packs death was revenge for the death of Jake Barrett's son, the leader of the hunters, and it was this group of hunters that killed Victoria's parents and most of her pack. Victoria and Daniel Barrett were lovers, and when he was killed by a vampire whil they were on
Anne
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Despite a confusing start where it felt like I ended up in the middle of the story, this book's action quickly heated up to the point where I was unable to put it down. Victoria is the alpha of a rag tag werewolf pack. There are only a handful of them left after the Hunters killed most of them, including Victoria's parents. It seems they are living out of their cars. Victoria is an alpha, a nurse, healer, one of Freya's priestesses and Odin's Valkyrie. No wonder the poor girl feels conflicted! W ...more
Patti Ashley
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I was intrigued by the idea of a werewolf serving both Odin and Freya.
Victoria Storm is introduced rather abruptly on a street corner. Horrific events have occurred causing the death of her parents and most of her pack. We are told she has little money, experience, and now must do some service to her Goddess, but she doesn't know what it is. We got very little feel for who she is, except for flashbacks with her lover, whom we know is dead
Sportochick
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is an exciting easy read following Victoria as she gets a message from the Norse Goddess Freya to free abducted children. Interspersed throughout the storyline is her sorrow over the memories of the tragic loss of her parents, pack and Daniel, the hunter she loved.

I love how the author brings the story to a spiritual fantasy feeling with conversations between Victoria and the Goddess. Even the addition of the hunters who are lead by Jake the father of her deceased love and who blame her for
Solmarie
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 *'s

I was gifted a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I'm excited to to delve further into this series. This is a shifter tale with quite a few twists. You have Victoria. She is the werewolf leader of her pack, but she is also Freya's priestess and Odin's Valkyrie. These are all big responsibilities that weigh on her even more heavily after most of her pack and her lover Daniel were killed.

When she is tasked b
Anna
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: r2r
***I was given this book in exchange for an honest review, Lovers of Paranormal.***

It was definitely an interesting setup/plot/characters for this book, I'm just not entirely sure how I feel about it, I'm kind of torn with lots of things that I didn't like and some that I did enjoy.

I like the idea of Norse mythology, I'm not entirely knowledgeable about it, which was why this book held so much intrigue for me. However it seemed like the plot was a little jumpy and uneven which didn't allow me to
Nikki Brooks
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shifters with Norse Mythology feel.

Victoria Storm is a shifter, descended from Fenrir himself. She is also a priestess to Freya and a Valkyrie. When the decades long truce between her pack and the Hunters is broken, she is left devastated by the loss of her parents and then left stunned by becoming Alpha of her tiny little pack.

Victoria had loved Daniel Barrett, son of the head hunter. But when he died whilst on a vampire hunt, she is held accountable by his family and hell breaks loose.

When h
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Desired by Shadow (Shadow Walkers, #2)
  • All Hallows Night (Night, #2)
  • Fight the Tide (Kick at the Darkness, #2)
  • Child of War - A God is Born (Of War # 2)
  • Sacred (Guardians, #2)
  • Bound by Fire (Cauld Ane, #2)
  • Blood-Bonded by Force (The Community, #3)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • First Contact (Haunts For Sale #1)
  • First to Burn (Immortal Vikings, #1)
  • A Vampire's Touch (The Red Velvet Trilogy, Prequel)
  • Unintended Guardian (Mythos Legacy #0.5)
  • Blood Rites
  • Ezekiah
  • Silver Kiss
  • Shadow of the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Tales of a Traveler, #2)
  • Summoned (Summoned, #1)
Subscribe to Melissa Snark's newsletter for new releases, prizes, and lots of fun. http://www.melissasnark.com/mailing-l... (Just copy & paste the link into your browser.) You'll get a free ebook just for signing up!

Author Melissa Snark lives in the San Francisco bay area with her husband, three children, and a glaring of litigious felines. She reads and writes fantasy and romance, and is publ
More about Melissa Snark

Loki's Wolves (5 books)
  • Hunger Moon (Loki's Wolves, #2)
  • Battle Cry (Loki's Wolves, #3)
  • Wolf's Cross (Loki's Wolves, #4)
  • Fragile Gods (Loki's Wolves #5; Ragnarök: Doom of the Gods Book 6)