CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2015 Weekly Threads > Week 4: What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz (liz_the_librarian) Can you describe the book you are currently reading in just 6 words? As our Teen Book Battles bloggers would put it, it's a Six Word Summary Showdown!

Boy going crazy; what's normal anyway?

My six word summary describes Ned Vizzini's It's Kind of a Funny Story. Share your six word summary and anything else with the group here!
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 452 comments Man sees terrorist, or does he?

I'm currently reading Unsung Hero by Suzanne Brockmann, whose Troubleshooters Series I want to reread and then get caught up on.
The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) by Suzanne Brockmann

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie | 130 comments Long tale about big white whale.

I'm reading Moby-Dick. It's a classic I know the story to, but had never gotten around to reading until now.

message 4: by Jodie (new)

Jodie Reha Still want sexy after having baby.

A new mother is trying hard to get her "self" back after having her first child at the same time as she is trying to figure out her feelings about the father of her child and the crush she has on her Pilates instructor.
The Yummy Mummy by Polly Williams

message 5: by Jodie (last edited Jan 28, 2015 08:18AM) (new)

Jodie Reha The Zookeeper's Wife A War Story by Diane Ackerman
"Zoo saves lives in its cages."

Additionally, I am listening to "The Zookeeper's Wife" in my car. (Trying to keep my resolution about having different books kept at different places so I have a a book wherever I am!) I read they are making a movie out if it; it could make a good one. It is the story of the zookeeper and his wife and how they and the Warsaw Zoo helped save lives in German-occupied Poland.

message 6: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 54 comments Liz wrote: "Can you describe the book you are currently reading in just 6 words? As our Teen Book Battles bloggers would put it, it's a Six Word Summary Showdown!

Boy going crazy; what's normal anyway?

My s..."

I'm currently reading "Catnapped " by Elaine Viets. My six words are Man murdered, catnapped, who done it?

message 7: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Hay | 41 comments Supernatural children overthrowing the unjust government

I'm reading In the Afterlight by Alexandria Bracken! It's the final book of The Darkest Minds series!! I'm really enjoying them.

message 8: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 710 comments Mod
"Untold history: world-building at its best."

I'm counting "world-building" as one word. Lol.

Currently reading Martin's "The World of Ice and Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones." Such a great book. The detail is amazing. I love world-building and this is one of the finest examples I've seen.
The World of Ice & Fire The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

message 9: by Rekesha (new)

Rekesha | 45 comments Mod
Egg hunting in tricked out DeLorean.

I'm still reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I'm enjoying this fast-paced gamer adventure.

I had to take a break to read First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen. It was great to be back in Bascom, NC with the Waverly family for a bit. My six words for First Frost are:

First frost solves Waverly family woes.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline First Frost (Waverley Family #2) by Sarah Addison Allen