Review Group discussion

General discussion > we can no longer post reviews on amazon

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fleur (new)

Fleur Tamargo | 10 comments Hi. I want to join this group but we can no longer post reviews on amazon unless the book is purchased from their store?

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz Meldon (liz_meldon) I noticed that too. I was trying to post a review for someone who'd gifted me the book, and it would only include my review if I'd purchased it from Amazon. Anyone have any insight on that?

message 3: by John (new)

John Blackport | 55 comments Amazon is unreadable on my phone this morning... Each letter in certain fields is replaced with an (apparently) randomly assigned symbol... I think a is always a carat, t is always the Greek letter phi, etc. It's infected the text of all the reviews I see, making them practically unreadable (and probably unwritable as well).

message 4: by John (new)

John Blackport | 55 comments Hmmm... A few minutes later, that effect seems to be gone. Perhaps it's my phone network

message 5: by Fleur (last edited Jan 29, 2015 03:31AM) (new)

Fleur Tamargo | 10 comments Thanks it's very enlightening. I had previously purchased a book from Amazon so I tried to post a review for a book I didn't purchase. The system accepted it but said, it would take 48 hours or less for them to consider it. It doesn't get published right away. And then, maybe there's a possibility that it will not get published? I'm not sure, I'm still waiting...

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter Prasad (goodreadscompeter_prasad) | 50 comments If you're serious about being an author, about writing reviews, and intend to do this for the next 5-25 years, then....buy something from Amazon. Reviews are the life blood of an Indie Author. Every review helps. You need at least 20 to be considered serious and for some other marketing purposes. Thanks for helping an author you care about hit that magic number. On'ya readers.
The Goat-Ripper Case (Sonoma Knight PI, #1) by Peter Prasad

message 7: by Fleur (new)

Fleur Tamargo | 10 comments I actually bought 2 books from Amazon before. but for some reason my review didn't show up when I submitted it. I don't know why. I will try again.