The Bane Chronicles The Bane Chronicles discussion

Which order should I read the stories?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sheechiibii Should I read the Bane Chronicles in the order they appear in the book or should I read them in the chronological order of Magnus' life?

Order they appear in the book:

What Really Happened in Peru
The Runaway Queen
Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale
The Midnight Heir
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Saving Raphael Santiago
The Fall of the Hotel Dumort
What to buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything
The Last Stand of the New York Institute
The Course of True Love (And First Dates)
The Voicemail of Magnus Bane

Chronological order:

The Runaway Queen - 1791
What Really Happened in Peru - 1791
Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale - 1857
The Midnight Heir — 1903
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort - 1929
Saving Raphael Santiago - 1953
The Fall of the Hotel Dumort - 1977
The Last Stand of the New York Institute - 1989
The Course of True Love (And First Dates) - 2007
What To Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything - 2007
The Voicemail of Magnus - 2007

So...which order do you think is best to read the stories in?

Stephanie It's really a choice. They are in the book based on when they were published individually. I read them in order and had no problems. I'm sure a lot of fans read them as they came out so the timeline probably wasn't an issue. And the voice mails were def. the funniest!

Wise Cat I just finished this, and it didn't occur to me to read them in the order they occur in Magnus's life, instead of the order they appear.

I was afraid of spoilers so I didn't read them in the order of the timeline. I didn't even know about the MI and ID series, along with the Shadowhunters period until someone told me awhile ago.

Some stories had no year, but I see from above the ones about Alec and Magnus was from 2007 (in Magnus's life also?), assuming that's when it was first published. I'm not up to speed on all that.

In hindsight, it probably would have been better for me to go in order of the years the story takes place.

For anyone else, I guess it's choice on whether you like to go in order of events as they occurred, or you like to read in order that they appear. I guess both ways have pros and cons.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood I read them a few years back and did it the way they where in the book. Not the year or timeline based seeing as that didn't even cross my mind to do so. And it was fine. It's really a personal choice on which way you'd like to do it.