Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Food for Thought > what s th most memorable scene u saw in a movie ,and th most unforgettable hero

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jiha (new)

Jiha | 34 comments i think th hero of sealed with a kiss,th chinese drama ,is kinda remarkable ,he reminded me of alpha cruel heroes of old HP.
so wat s ur memorable hero? or scene?

message 2: by dalia (new)

dalia | 9 comments ok there a brief intense scene stuck in my mind , im Humraaz by Bobby deol ,hero had information that his bride married him for money ,cheating on,and manipulating .so,he hired someone to kill her when he was at work then on his way back home he found a tape in th car and played it ,it was th heroine confessing evrything and asking his forgiveness .he drove fast to th house where he found police evrywhere and a corpse in white cheat on th floor .he almost cried thinking it was th heroine then he saw th heroine sitting in a miserable state in th other side of th hall after she was saved.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethwilliams) | 11 comments 1) Oldie but unforgettable, the MCs' final meeting scene at the station platform cafe in 'Brief Encounter' (UK, 1945). I've worn the dvd out.

2) Most unforgettable hero, Ennis and Jack in 'Brokeback Mountain'.

message 4: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 276 comments Darine wrote: "ok there a brief intense scene stuck in my mind , im Humraaz by Bobby deol ,hero had information that his bride married him for money ,cheating on,and manipulating .so,he hired someone to kill her ..."

Murder for hire??? Wow.

message 5: by Jiha (new)

Jiha | 34 comments Elizabeth wrote: "1) Oldie but unforgettable, the MCs' final meeting scene at the station platform cafe in 'Brief Encounter' (UK, 1945). I've worn the dvd out.

2) Most unforgettable hero, Ennis and Jack in 'Broke..."

i wish u gave som description Elizabeth ,but i m gonna hav a look at those

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethwilliams) | 11 comments Jiha wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "1) Oldie but unforgettable, the MCs' final meeting scene at the station platform cafe in 'Brief Encounter' (UK, 1945). I've worn the dvd out.

2) Most unforgettable hero, Ennis ..."

Hi Jiha,

British films of the mid and late 40s are very different from American films of the same period. There's no overt expression of feelings, nor the relief of wisecracking badinage, but feelings, and, naturally, touches of British humour permeate this film and are deeply affecting. 'Brief Encounter' is one of my favourite films of all time. Every moment of that film is great but the parting scene towards the end is a masterpiece of understated devastation (the intrusion of an annoying character turns things towards the tragic, as her idle chatter ruins even the last few moments the couple has left).

There's a remake of 'Brief Encounter' with Richard Burton (whom I adore) and Sophia Loren (whom I like), but I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes. Some films should be left alone in their singularity.

message 7: by KatieV (new)

KatieV | 141 comments The movie version of Shining Through with Michael Douglas and Melanie Griffith. He carries her across - I think - the border between Nazi Controlled Germany and Switzerland. He's being riddled by bullets the whole time, but keeps going until he gets her on Swiss soil. Always stood out as so romantic to me.

message 8: by Mareli (new)

Mareli | 53 comments For me is the scene of "The English Patient" when Ralph Fiennes goes to the grotto where he left Kristin Scott Thomas and takes her outside. She's dead and he's suffering like he is dying himself. I cried and cried. I love that movie. The chemistry between Fiennes and Scott Thomas was incredible.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Even if it's not a romantic moment at all, Rhett Butler and his scenes with Scarlett come to mind. Better in book form, but the movie did it well and Clark Gable was perfect for that role.

message 10: by Verity (last edited Jan 27, 2015 02:58PM) (new)

Verity | 567 comments Mareli wrote: "For me is the scene of "The English Patient" when Ralph Fiennes goes to the grotto where he left Kristin Scott Thomas and takes her outside. She's dead and he's suffering like he is dying himself. ..."

Omg I was gonna post the same thing cuz it turned me into a wreck every single time & I've re-watched the movie countless times. It was the single most heartbreaking scene evah.

Runner up for me is the scene where William Hurt & Marlee Matlin have a fight in "Children of a lesser God". WH says, "Speak to me !", then MM screams in her broken voice & walks out.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 2277 comments Mod
Darine wrote: "ok there a brief intense scene stuck in my mind , im Humraaz by Bobby deol ,hero had information that his bride married him for money ,cheating on,and manipulating .so,he hired someone to kill her ..."

This sounds good!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I also love the romantic scenes in Braveheart with Merrin, first when she was a child trying to console at the funeral with the flower. The music score from Horner was so breathtaking, and Gibson's directing during dramatic scenes is perfect. Then later when he told her he never forgot her and came back for her. There were some sweet moments between them, so those stand out to me definitely.

message 13: by Becky (last edited Jan 28, 2015 07:13PM) (new)

Becky  (BeckyNJ) | 47 comments I'm a sucker for: the scene where Redford ties Streisand's shoe in The Way We Were, the scene where the prince rejects Danielle ("you shall not address me so familiar") in Ever After, the kissing scene in Never Been Kissed (for all you virgin heroine lovers out there!), the scene where Maureen O' Hara tells John Wayne she'll be getting his supper on in The Quiet Man. there are so many!

message 14: by Leona (new)

Leona (wdwcbm) | 373 comments Becky wrote: "I'm a sucker for: the scene where Redford ties Streisand's shoe in The Way We Were, the scene where the prince rejects Danielle ("you shall not address me so familiar") in Ever After, the kissing s..."

Isn't the last one "The Quiet Man"?

message 15: by Becky (last edited Jan 28, 2015 09:04PM) (new)

Becky  (BeckyNJ) | 47 comments Yes I fixed... Had a senior moment with Maureen. The Quiet Man is one of my favorite heroes...original honorable alpha male.

message 16: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments For me it is the scene towards the end of Pride and Prejudice when Elizabeth and Darcy met in the early morning and he professess his love to her,that is my ahhhh moment.Just love that version with Keira Knightly and Mathew Macfedyn.

message 17: by Becky (new)

Becky  (BeckyNJ) | 47 comments Vashti, did you see the one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle? My absolute favorite...when he moons over her by the piano, when he tells her of his ardent admiration, when she visits him at Pemberley.

message 18: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Becky,yes,I have seen that one several times too :) Love them all.

message 19: by dalia (last edited Jan 29, 2015 04:39AM) (new)

dalia | 9 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) wrote: "Darine wrote: "ok there a brief intense scene stuck in my mind , im Humraaz by Bobby deol ,hero had information that his bride married him for money ,cheating on,and manipulating .so,he hired someo..."

yes i liked that indian movie and i also loved dillagi 1999 by bobby and sony deol,i think it had a really remarkable hero ,reckless,irresponsible ,selfish ,stubborn ,redeamable and learning his lesson well.he humilliated and treated th heroine really bad and was trying to get her back when she told him there s another man .he tells her he s gonna kill her lover ,follows her for that purpose ,then he was desastated when he found it was his brother.th two bros and th girl didnt know th connection .it had a happy end .
dos th English patient movie has a hppy end or is it a tragedy ,hope we r warned when it s a tragic movie i mean if we like tragic ends why HP at all!

message 20: by Mareli (last edited Jan 29, 2015 03:00PM) (new)

Mareli | 53 comments THe English Patient has more than one ending so it can be both happy or a tragedy :)

P.S. Verity love your profile pic ;)