What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fiction, probably YA novel about a girl who is afraid of red foods and sells her soul [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marissa (last edited Jan 24, 2015 01:19PM) (new)

Marissa | 10 comments I read this book about 5 or 6 years ago. It's fiction, most likely YA and I'm almost positive the cover of the book is yellow. All I remember from the plot is the main character, a girl, doesn't eat red foods because they remind her of blood. She sells her soul to someone and I think there is something about a room with a bunch of souls in jars. Also I think there is something about a red velvet cupcake. Any help is appreciated!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Was this a fantasy, horror, humorous story, etc?
Time period/location story takes place?
Part of a series?

message 3: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1354 comments Lol, please don't serve red food, but here, take my soul! Its amazing some of the thinks writters can work into a book.

message 4: by Marissa (last edited Jan 25, 2015 09:36PM) (new)

Marissa | 10 comments I can't remember the genre but it was definitely present day. It wasn't part of a series. I think it was a teen fiction/chick lit type book, definitely had some humorous parts. I'm pretty sure the main character was in high school. I'm bummed I don't remember more, I feel like I only remembered the most irrelevant details of the story hahaha. I feel like the main character's name may have been Alice, but I could be (most likely am) wrong.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34415 comments Mod
Devilish by Maureen Johnson seems to match your description.

A quick seach using Amazon's preview turned up this quote: "Sorry,” she said. “Red chocolate. I wasn't thinking.” I can't eat red foods. They freak me out. No food should be the color of blood." And there's a cupcake (red velvet, most likely) on the cover.

message 6: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 10 comments Kris wrote: "Devilish by Maureen Johnson seems to match your description.

A quick seach using Amazon's preview turned up this quote: "Sorry,” she said. “Red chocolate. I wasn't thin..."

I think this is the book! wow thank you so much it's been bugging me for years!!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34415 comments Mod
Glad we could help! If you find it's not the right book, please come back and we'll give it another try. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Devilish (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maureen Johnson (other topics)