Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Five Dates
This topic is about Five Dates
Archive (Buddy Reads) > February Buddy Read- Five Dates

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments Five Dates Five Dates by Amy Jo Cousins is our February m/m buddy read and it's free!

Come join us!

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21443 comments I knew I was forgetting something on my to-read-asap shelf for the PIFM! Good thing I got great picks anyway! =)

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments I'm in!!

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21443 comments I decided to get to this one earlier this month - almost didn't finish last month!

I really enjoyed this story - sweet and simple!

Dawn I loved this story!

message 6: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments I loved it!

I enjoyed the writing, the characters, how they met....the whole thing made me smile :)

message 7: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments I'm planning to jump in soon with this one :)

message 8: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments I finished this one yesterday. Loved it. It has a great storyline with two lovely characters who reach a resolution and happiness (of course ;)!

Breann | 0 comments D'aaaaaaaaawww! I loved this! I thought it was so cute and I had a smile on my face the entire time!

message 10: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn I loved this one so much, and looked forward to her next book Off Campus, but I was disappointed with it. It was just ok.

Calila | 2746 comments Dawn wrote: "I loved this one so much, and looked forward to her next book Off Campus, but I was disappointed with it. It was just ok."

Same for me. I did however love her M/F/F or F/M/F (idk which one to use but they're all mixed up with each other lol) book Callie, Unwrapped.

message 12: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments I smiled the entire way through as well. Jay was seriously cute, but Devin was so sweet and humble he just crumpled my heart on each (view spoiler)

message 13: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments I hope we can find one for next month that makes me smile like this one did! Any ideas?

message 14: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments I have the following LHNB books still to read:

The Court of Lightning (fantasy)
Brandon's Laughter (contemp)
The Executive Lounge (contemp)
Guarded (fantasy)
An Adventure In Beginnings (contemp)
Laser Visions (dystopia?)
Treasure (fantasy? but starts contemp?)

Breann | 0 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "I have the following LHNB books still to read:

The Court of Lightning (fantasy)
Brandon's Laughter (contemp)
The Executive Lounge (contemp)
[book:Gu..."

I've had Adventure in Beginnings on my TBR for a while. I think that one might be the more "d'awww" inducing :D

message 16: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7545 comments Breann wrote: "I've had Adventure in Beginnings on my TBR for a while. I think that one might be the more "d'awww" inducing :D"

That one sounds good to me, and so does Brandon's Laughter. They're both really short, under 100 pages combined - maybe we want to do 2 next month?

BTW, I just realized I never came back here after reading this month's book. I agree with everyone else - very sweet, and I loved all the characters. Amazing to have such great secondary characters in such a short book.

message 17: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn An Adventure In Beginnings was good.

I have Brandon's Laughter on my tbr for next month.

message 18: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21443 comments The ones that caught my eye are Brandon's Laughter, The Executive Lounge and An Adventure In Beginnings. Any of those would be fine with me!

Breann | 0 comments ~KarenH~ wrote: "That one sounds good to me, and so does Brandon's Laughter. They're both really short, under 100 pages combined - maybe we want to do 2 next month?"

I like this idea

Breann | 0 comments The new event just opened up! Anyone submitting a prompt? :)

message 21: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments Have we decided on Brandon's Laughter and An Adventure In Beginnings for next month? I will make the thread :)

message 22: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21443 comments Maybe I will even remember to get them on my shelf for the PIFM this month!!

message 23: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments Fran wrote: "Have we decided on Brandon's Laughter and An Adventure In Beginnings for next month? I will make the thread :)"

Sounds good :) I'm happy to have a go at both!

message 24: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments Breann wrote: "The new event just opened up! Anyone submitting a prompt? :)"

Nah. I'm no good at coming up with those sort of things :( Are you putting one in, Breann??

Breann | 0 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Breann wrote: "The new event just opened up! Anyone submitting a prompt? :)"

Nah. I'm no good at coming up with those sort of things :( Are you putting one in, Breann??"

I did! I loved the story from my prompt last year so I had to do it again :D

message 26: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21443 comments I'm not creative like that either, I can alter patterns and such but I need a starting platform to work from. It's cool that you have done it Breann!

message 27: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments Breann wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "Breann wrote: "The new event just opened up! Anyone submitting a prompt? :)"

Nah. I'm no good at coming up with those sort of things :( Are you putting one in, Breann??"

I di..."

Have I read 'your' story? Which one was it?

Breann | 0 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Breann wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "Breann wrote: "The new event just opened up! Anyone submitting a prompt? :)"

Nah. I'm no good at coming up with those sort of things :( Are you putting one in,..."

I don't think so. It was Going Home

message 29: by Dawn (last edited Feb 23, 2015 07:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn I didn't feel like the ideas that I had were all that fabulous like some of them are, but the reality is I like nice contemporary romance and am not big on fantasy and sci-fi. That said I decided to dip my toe in the pond this time and picked one of two pictures I liked with a couple sleeping in it and wrote 52 words about who I thought they were and hit send. So we'll see if it inspires someone.

It feels like having a baby--you have all these hopes they're going to be fabulous and great when they're born, but you can only sit back and wait for what will be.

Brennan, your story is on my tbr. Hopefully soon I'll get to it.