Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Book/Author/Series/Genre > I Would Love Some Geeky/Nerdy Recs

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jan 24, 2015 11:48AM) (new)

Fran | 10930 comments I would love some recommendations for m/f books with a Geek/Nerd or Hero/Heroine with a disability. Geeks/Nerds and interesting characters with a disability (war veteran, blind, deaf, etc.) seem to be the most interesting to me right now. If you know of a story that is not too long, light-hearted (or at least not too angsty), with a definite HEA, I would LOVE to hear about it!

I also like stranded in the snow/storm/cabin stories if anyone has any good ones to share :)

Please feel free to post any recs in this thread :)

Thanks so much in advance!

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19143 comments None are popping into my head right now Fran, but I'll keep this in mind!

message 3: by Aarati (new)

Aarati | 148 comments Nerdy books if you want, I think these are pretty cool: #Nerd (Hashtag, #1) by Cambria Hebert #Hater (Hashtag, #2) by Cambria Hebert

I think these are the only books I'e read where the hero has a disability: Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) by Colleen Hoover Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan

message 4: by Ty (new)

Ty  | 1943 comments geek:
The Rosie Project (Don Tillman #1) by Graeme Simsion - best one I can think for now. not spicy at all, but oh so cute

disability
Making Faces by Amy Harmon - cried and cried and cried; this actually can fit into geek girl also
Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan - surprisingly good

message 5: by Tania (new)

Tania | 644 comments Hmmm... nerds....

Vision in White
Bet Me
How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (second in series)

And One Last Thing ... - not a full on romance but the hero has a limp

message 6: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10930 comments Thanks everyone! I see some great choices I will definitely check out.

I've read And One Last Thing and loved it Tania :)
I also read How To Flirt and it was very cute.