The County Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Reader's Choice > Reader's Choice Spring 2015

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph (last edited Feb 03, 2015 07:33PM) (new)

Steph | 38 comments The next round of Reader's Choice begins on February 2nd! Here is an early sneak peek so you can start reading the new titles. Don't forget to fill out a ballot and turn it in at your library for a chance to win a gift certificate. Which books have you already read or are excited to read?

The All You Can Dream Buffet by Barbara O'Neal
The Art of Falling by Kathryn Craft
Astoria: John Jacob Astor and Thomas Jefferson's Lost Pacific Empire: A Story of Wealth, Ambition, and Survival by Peter Stark
The Bees by Laline Paull
Charming by Elliott James
Clammed Up by Barbara Ross
Delicious! by Ruth Riechl
The Divorce Papers by Susan Rieger
The Dog Who Could Fly: The Incredible True Story of a WWII Airman and the Four-Legged Hero Who Flew At His Side by Damien Lewis
The Emperor's Blades by Brian Staveley
Fortune's Pawn by Rachel Bach
Gemini by Carol Cassella
The Impersonator by Mary Miley
I Shall Be Near to You by Erin McCabe
Just What Kind of Mother Are You? by Paula Daly
Montana by Gwen Florio
The Outsmarting of Criminals: A Mystery Introducing Miss Felicity Prim by Steven Rigolosi
The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
Runner by Patrick Lee
Someone Else's Love Story by Joshilyn Jackson
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
The Wind Is Not a River by Brian Payton
While Beauty Slept by Elizabeth Blackwell

alisonwonderland (Alison) | 58 comments The only one on the list that I've already read is The Martian. Both my husband - who is not a big reader - and I loved it! (I listened to the audio version, which I highly recommend, but my husband actually read the book.)

I have a few of the others on my to-read list now - and I'll likely add some more as I start looking at them. Thank you for posting the list!

message 3: by Steph (new)

Steph | 38 comments alisonwonderland wrote: "The only one on the list that I've already read is The Martian. Both my husband - who is not a big reader - and I loved it! (I listened to the audio version, which I highly recommend, but my husb..."

The movie, starring Matt Damon, is coming out on November 25, 2015.

alisonwonderland (Alison) | 58 comments Steph wrote: "The movie, starring Matt Damon, is coming out on November 25, 2015."

I think it'll make a great movie!

message 5: by Steph (new)

Steph | 38 comments Important Reader's Choice Update!

Because we were unable to get sufficient copies of The Martian by Andy Weir in time, it will not be on this round of Reader's Choice Nominees. It will be on the July - October round.

Britt, Book Habitue (britt--bookhabitue) | 439 comments Just finished While Beauty Slept. AMAZING. Dark, haunting, beautiful.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.