Pop Sugar's Annual Ultimate Reading Challenge discussion

Challenge Spreadsheet

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie (bstern12) | 79 comments Mod
Howdy!

Because I'm an engineer, I made a google spreadsheet for us to keep track of the books we read in the challenge. Just fill your name across the top and when you finish a book put it on the list. Feel free to make changes to the spreadsheet (formatting, whatever) I also like this because it might give me some ideas.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

~Bonnie

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (ShyNotebooks) (shynotebooks) | 73 comments nice, thanks for setting this up. already added my entries.

message 3: by Steph (new)

Steph (stephsaporito) | 9 comments That's awesome! Thank you!

message 4: by Caitlin, mostly absent but fairly enthusiastic mod (new)

Caitlin (bookchats) | 117 comments Mod
Bonnie, this is awesome!

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (aggie44) | 79 comments schaweeeet!!!

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sherryberryx) | 2 comments Thank you so much, what a great idea! :)

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (bookloverfl12) | 8 comments You are a life saver! Love this idea!

message 8: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Witt Dillon (symphmetalnerd) | 13 comments Awesome! Thanks for putting this together. :)

message 9: by Bonnie (last edited Feb 03, 2015 03:24PM) (new)

Caitlin wrote: "Bonnie, this is awesome!"

Yeah. I know. :P

message 10: by Deniree (last edited Feb 16, 2015 08:19PM) (new)

Deniree (disaa) | 1 comments This spreadsheet is my favourite. I look forward to checking up on it every once in a while especially when filling it in and seeing everyones progress! Thank you!

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danielle_jhnsn) Just added the 4 books I've read and created a place for us to share our Goodreads username so we can follow each other :)

message 12: by Bonnie (new)

I'm so glad I made this. It's really interesting seeing what everyone else is reading. Overall, we have some diverse taste in books!

I highlighted the books I have already read in green and penciled in italics the books I plan to read. It's helping me stay organized.

message 13: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (bookloverfl12) | 8 comments I have my TBR in green so I have the go ahead to read lol :-) I love this spreadsheet!

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (aggie44) | 79 comments Teresa! Hopefully you have discussion notifications turned on. ;)

message 15: by Bonnie (new)

So many books! I love it :)

message 16: by Stacy (new)

Stacy I added mine. So much easier than keeping track of the piece of paper I have been tracking books with!

message 17: by HSalik (new)

HSalik | 6 comments Lol i've been using my ipad notes but I actually accidentally deleted it before D: So i'll be adding mine as a back up lol

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie (bookmouse424) | 8 comments I added mine! I included links to my reviews on my blog :)

message 19: by Sheally (new)

Sheally (sheallyt) | 67 comments I want to be included! Thanks

message 20: by Sheally (new)

Sheally (sheallyt) | 67 comments I want to be included! Thanks

message 21: by Caitlin, mostly absent but fairly enthusiastic mod (new)

Sheally wrote: "I want to be included! Thanks"

Hey Sheally, welcome! Does clicking on the link in the first post bring you to a spreadsheet? If so you should be able to edit that and add yourself and your books. We've just all been adding our own and not messing with the columns that belong to our fellow readers (except, you know, to check out their choices!)

Let us know if that doesn't work for you!

message 22: by Sheally (new)

Sheally (sheallyt) | 67 comments Yes, it brings me to the spreadsheet, but it won't let me add my name or anything.

message 23: by Caitlin, mostly absent but fairly enthusiastic mod (new)

Sheally wrote: "Yes, it brings me to the spreadsheet, but it won't let me add my name or anything."

I just added your name, it's in the Y column so you'll have to scroll or arrow quite a bit to the right before you can find it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to edit.

message 24: by Sheally (new)

Sheally (sheallyt) | 67 comments Maybe because I'm on an iPad.

message 25: by Bonnie (new)

bump

message 26: by Christina (new)

Christina Webb (msbeefcake) | 32 comments Bump

message 27: by Amy (new)

Amy (asawatzky) Bonnie wrote: "Howdy!

Because I'm an engineer, I made a google spreadsheet for us to keep track of the books we read in the challenge. Just fill your name across the top and when you finish a book put it on the ..."

Bonnie, I love you! This engineer happily transferred her excel data into your google doc. Thanks so much for setting it up!

message 28: by Fatima (new)

Fatima Avila | 9 comments Can you add me as well? Thanks

message 29: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (ShyNotebooks) (shynotebooks) | 73 comments i just added you to the end - feel free to add all your books now!

message 30: by Fatima (new)

Fatima Avila | 9 comments Thank you!!!

message 31: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teremazon) | 27 comments This is quite ridiculous! I'm getting so frustrated! I've been trying to add my entries a few times too, but I have not been able to do so. I am not able to edit the database. Any hints? Could it also be that I am trying to do it from an IPad?

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (aggie44) | 79 comments If you haven't tried it on a normal computer, I'd recommend that first. I think someone else had issues editing on an iPad/iPhone. Otherwise it should be open to anyone with the link.

message 33: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teremazon) | 27 comments Thank you. I'll try on the desktop next

message 34: by Christina (new)

Christina Webb (msbeefcake) | 32 comments I have only had problems on my ipad my android devices and regular pc work fine.

message 35: by Bonnie (new)

Um... did someone accidentally delete everything in the 2016 spreadsheet?

message 36: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (bookhoarderjess) | 2 comments I noticed that late last night, but I thought it might have just been an issue opening it on my end since I was on my tablet. Sometimes my tablet doesn't open spreadsheets correctly.

Is there a way to restore an earlier version?

message 37: by Caitlin, mostly absent but fairly enthusiastic mod (new)

I restored everything that was there yesterday. No blame, but if you accidentally deleted things could you let us (or just me) know?

If not we should to discuss whether it was malicious and think about whether we should restrict who has editing access

message 38: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Caldwell | 36 comments Oh no, I added me and some books a few days ago - I hope I didnt accidentally delete stuff, sorry if it was me guys!

message 39: by Sam (new)

Sam | 69 comments Thanks for fixing it Caitlin. If it turns out to have been me deleting, please someone tell me what the hell I did wrong :/

message 40: by Dana (new)

Dana Fontaine (danaschipporeit) | 5 comments Thank you so so so much for this!! I'm so glad I can keep track of everything and see what everyone else is reading!

message 41: by Anna (new)

Anna H. (annaholla) This is amazing, thanks! So, so much easier to get ideas than searching comment threads.

I took the liberty of freezing the first column, so those of us at the far end can see the category without scrolling back and forth.

message 42: by Caitlin, mostly absent but fairly enthusiastic mod (new)

Anna wrote: "This is amazing, thanks! So, so much easier to get ideas than searching comment threads.

I took the liberty of freezing the first column, so those of us at the far end can see the category withou..."

Thanks, Anna! Freezing the first column is a great idea.

message 43: by Sam (new)

Sam | 69 comments Anna wrote:
I took the liberty of freezing the first column, so those of us at the far end can see the category withou..."

Thank you, this makes it so much easier.

message 44: by Jill (new)

Jill I am new to the group, may I add my name to the spreadsheet? I have been using Pinterest to keep of my books. I have a boar for last year's challenge and one for this year's.

message 45: by Caitlin, mostly absent but fairly enthusiastic mod (new)

Jill wrote: "I am new to the group, may I add my name to the spreadsheet? I have been using Pinterest to keep of my books. I have a boar for last year's challenge and one for this year's."

Hi Jill, feel free to add your name! Pinterest board seem like a great way to keep track of books for this challenge too.

message 46: by Sam (new)

Sam | 69 comments Can someone fix the YA bestseller section? I'd try but I'd probably just make it worse. Kayla's entry appears to have given it a panic attack. There is a note that says 'ERROR Circular dependency detected.'

message 47: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Galbraith | 2 comments I've been an absent member since the beginning, can I still add books and if son us the challenge ongoing?

message 48: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Galbraith | 2 comments I've been an 'absent' member since this began. Can I still add book and if so do I begin from now or add from 3 years ago? I have a list. Thank you, cheers, Margaret

message 49: by Bonnie (new)

Margaret wrote: "I've been an 'absent' member since this began. Can I still add book and if so do I begin from now or add from 3 years ago? I have a list. Thank you, cheers, Margaret"

Sure! Go back and put your books in :) I think everyone uses the spreadsheet slightly different anyway. I use it to help organize and get ideas. It is what it is.

message 50: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1 comments I’d like to start in 2019 where do I start as I can’t see the spreadsheet as it says I’m not allowed access 😬

« previous 1