What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. dystopian/apocolayse/teacher and students [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MJ (new)

MJ | 18 comments Hello,

I heard about this book but I can't seem to remember what the title is and now that I have time, I am interested in reading it. The book is a Dystopian/Apocolayse type novel and the book was a series. I also only know it was about some teacher and students who get caught on a field trip I think or at school?
Does anyone know the book title.
Thanks

message 2: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments There's Monument 14 where a school bus of kids hides in a department store while bad things happen outside.

message 3: by MJ (new)

MJ | 18 comments Shanna_redwind wrote: "There's Monument 14 where a school bus of kids hides in a department store while bad things happen outside."

Thanks for the response but I don't think that is it. I think the book didn't have any children that was younger than 12. I read the description and it said there were some kindergartners and I don't think that was in this book.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (saraa205) | 24 comments Can it be the zombie novel What Once We Feared by Carrie Ryan?

message 5: by MJ (new)

MJ | 18 comments Sara wrote: "Can it be the zombie novel What Once We Feared by Carrie Ryan?"

I don't think so but I am going to try and get a copy to read.

I remember it was a series and this doesn't look like a series.

message 6: by MJ (new)

MJ | 18 comments I think I remember that the 2nd book they moved from land to a boat but I am not absolutely sure.

message 7: by Andy Phillips (new)

Andy Phillips | 193 comments This only has one (very recent) sequel that I can find, and I don't think it quite matches, but it might be of interest: This is Not a Test.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34466 comments Mod
Land, a Stranded Novel: A Stranded Novel by Theresa Shaver?
Prism by Faye Kellerman?

MJ, around what year did you see this book?
What makes this a dystopian novel?
What do you remember about the location?
Are just a few teens involved or a large group?
Do you remember anything about the cover image?

message 9: by MJ (new)

MJ | 18 comments Kris wrote: "Land, a Stranded Novel: A Stranded Novel by Theresa Shaver?
Prism by Faye Kellerman?

MJ, around what year did you see this book?
What..."

I took a look at the book you suggested and this is it. I went to amazon and read the description for the first and second book and this is it. I saw it last year as I started to get more and more into the dystopian/apocalypse. I bought a book and then there were other recommended books and this was one of them. I thought I had bookmarked for future purchase but I didn't.

Thanks, I was starting to wonder if I would ever find the book again.

message 10: by MJ (new)

MJ | 18 comments Thank you all. The books you recommended seem interesting and I will also add them to my reading list.

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34466 comments Mod
Glad we could help. :) Was it the Shaver or Kellerman book?

message 12: by MJ (new)

MJ | 18 comments LOL,

Sorry it was Land by Theresa Shaver.