Book Talk discussion

Ensnared (Splintered, #3)
This topic is about Ensnared
Discussion > Ensnared

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 219 comments Mod
After surviving a disastrous battle at prom, Alyssa has embraced her madness and gained perspective. She's determined to rescue her two worlds and the people and netherlings she loves. Even if it means challenging Queen Red to a final battle of wills and wiles . . . and even if the only way to Wonderland, now that the rabbit hole is closed, is through the looking-glass world--a parallel dimension filled with mutated and violent netherling outcasts. In the final installment of the wildly popular Splintered trilogy, Alyssa and her dad journey into the heart of magic and mayhem in search of her mom and to set right all that's gone wrong. Together with Jeb and Morpheus, they must salvage Wonderland from the decay and destruction that has ensnared it. But if they succeed and come out alive, can everyone truly have their happily ever after?

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments Ok, so everyone read it. Now was it me or was that ending rushed?
The epilogue really felt like a cop out. I mean I knew she was going to pull that move from the last book but maybe if she would have given us more information on what became of their lives I would have been happier. And less pissed. Much less pissed.

Yes it definitely felt rushed at the end. I don't see what you rated it are you not rating it because of how angry you are? You should be happy she technically ended up with Morpheus in the end lol.

Also during the time that she was in the human realm did Morpheus just rule her kingdom while she was gone? It didn't seem like he could do it without her before why can he now?

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments Lol yes. I'm taking my time to mellow out my feelings.

I should technically be happy Morpheus was her last but it would have been so much better if we actually got more than a sentence of their dialogue. Yes I ask for too much but who cares lol

And the unanswered auestions. Ufff I hate those. I dont like it when series leaves us with that.

So on the end I didnt love the series as much as I would have hoped :/
The first book was wonderful but after that it kind of dwindled right?

lol mellow them feels.

Is it bad that I want a story with the son in it? I'd like to see what he is like.

I liked the first book the second book was the worst had second book syndrome and I liked the third as well other than the rushed ending. I think what could have worked is taking out some of the boring beginning and give us more of the exciting ending with Morpheus.

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments It was such a disappointing ending! I wanted drama and flair and brawls. What we got was everybody getting along and getting exactly what they wanted.

whats wrong with that lol I like getting my way

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments It's just like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Great first one, cop out second one, wrap up this one where everybody goes skipping off merrily into the sunset.

omg don't even get me started on the Pirates of the Caribbean movies! I only watched it for Johnny Depp after like the second one I think.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments I think everyone only watched it for him :P

Okay good I am not the only one hehehe

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments It's Johnny Deep man, trust me, you're not the only one :P

When did we all want to start The Evolution of Mara Dyer? Also any thoughts on the next book.

Do we want to finish the mara dyer trilogy or maybe start a different book to take a bit of a break? If we do want to start something else I have been really wanting to start the Bone Season since the second book just came out and If I Stay also sounds good. Also we have Ruby Red and Illusions of Fate off of the list we made, what are your ideas?

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments Maybe we can do evolution then the first book of bone season then the last Mara Dyer then the second bone season? Alternate a bit?

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments Yeah we should definitely alternate. I like that idea. That way the story never feels stale. We could do mara dyer. I've never heard of bone season though. Lets do Illusions of Fate too. I heard it was good.

The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon <--- That is it Melissa its kind of science fiction fantasy type book. Let me know if it sounds like something you would want to read Melissa if not we can take it out of the list.

okay how does this list sound?
Evolution of Mara Dyer
Bone Season
Illusions of Fate
The Retribution of Mara Dyer
and if we like the Bone Season then The Mime Order

Did we want to start on the 4th for Evolution of Mara Dyer?

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments Yup, I could do that list :)
This is going to be a busy month!

well it could be over two months we will see lol its all flexible I am guessing we will probably get through two books for sure maybe three

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments I have 5 books for the Hearts challenge, one for R2R, the TBR jar challenge of the month. I laso have to do last months cause I didnt do it...I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh well lol

i have so many books to read this month also so no rush on this buddy read i think i have like 10 or 11 books lined up half of them are read and review

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments I've laid back on the R2R. I get so excited when I request them but then they all pile up and its exhausting. But no we could do Mara. I want to do at least one book thats not on any challenge.

i know what thats like im going to lay off so many r2r also... ok sounds good

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments I've laid back with R2R too. It's crazy how they can build up sometimes. I'm game for Mara and then maybe space out the next books a bit.

ok just put up the tentative book dates we will change them if necessary.

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments Awesome! Looking forward to this y'all.

message 26: by Raquel (Rocki) (last edited Feb 05, 2015 03:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Forgot to also mention did we want to continue on with The Elemental Trilogy? The Perilous Sea? Or what about Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge? I know it isn't a continuation on the series but same world.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments We should, guildedcashes is from where?

Gilded ashes takes place in the same world of Cruel Beauty. It is a retelling of Cinderella.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments Mmm. If it's anythong like Cruel Beauty then nope.