Start by marking “Ensnared (Splintered, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ensnared (Splintered, #3)

Ensnared

(Splintered #3)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  13,623 ratings  ·  1,975 reviews
After surviving a disastrous battle at prom, Alyssa has embraced her madness and gained perspective. She's determined to rescue her two worlds and the people and netherlings she loves. Even if it means challenging Queen Red to a final battle of wills and wiles . . . and even if the only way to Wonderland, now that the rabbit hole is closed, is through the looking-glass wor ...more
Published January 6th 2015 by Amulet Books (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Ensnared, please sign up.
Savanna This book was based on the fact that she as trying to save the 2 men she loved, AND her family. I think that embodies a strong female character. :)
Am Yes, this book is the last of the Splintered series. (There's also a companion book to the Splintered series though.)

·  13,623 ratings  ·  1,975 reviews

A.G. Howard
Mar 18, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Finished writing it! *blots sweat from brow*

Fair warning: Alyssa is a bit mad in this one. But she needs to be to get things done. Also, some VERY creepy critters and strange landscapes. And the boys? *LE SIGHS* the boys... <3

****COVER UPDATE****

Okay, so the cover is live, and here are my thoughts on it:

Ensnared thought cloud photo Ensnaredthoughts_zpsfbd21360.jpg

Yes, there's a reason Jeb has a sexy harlequin vibe. But I'm not telling... <3

****Excerpt and teasers****

I've posted an excerpt and teaser pictures on the Ensnared pinterest board here:
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
I guess I should write something about this book, given that I started reading it 5 months ago.

The thing is that, while I started reading it 5 months ago, I got to 95% or so and never bothered to finish it.

I guess that says something about the book.
Natalie Monroe
"Please look at me. I missed you. I was so worried about you."

"Really? Which one of us are you talking to?"

If you recall, I'd caved and read the epilogue for Ensnared first, which led to me punching the wall in anger and spent the rest of the afternoon ranting my poor sister's ear off.

Well, I'm here to tell you I read the rest of it. Aaaand I'm still infuriated.

I just have more leverage.

Ensnared puts forth the conundrum of Al being torn between her human and Netherling sides, more specificall
Danielle

WARNING: Since this is the final book of a trilogy this review will have slight spoilers for book one and two.

Synopsis

Alyssa is on a mission to not only save Morpheus and Jeb from the twisted looking glass world of AnyElsewhere, but she also needs to save all of Wonderland and her mother. The only way to save everyone will be to embrace the netherling madness within her and defeat Queen Red once and for all. With the help of her father, Alyssa ventures through the looking glass to set things ri
Booknut
Full review to come! A truly amazing finish to the series :)

Update: 28/9/14 - Ensnared Chapter Snippet
'"Worst case, you're driven to madness. Are you willing to risk losing so much?"

"I've already lost everything and I've already gone mad." I meet his bulbous gaze. "Need a demonstration?
"'
A whole new Alyssa is ready to take on Red & she's not backing down.

Fans of A.G. Howard's brilliant Splintered series - get ready to fall in love with the new, darker and far edgier Alyssa that has come out
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

I was wary going into Ensnared. I have absolutely loved this series but Ensnared got some very very mixed reviews, so I didn’t know what side of the fence I was going to fall on. That’s probably part of the reason I didn’t read it immediately; I think I needed to distance myself from all of the talk. I’m glad I waited to read this one because I ended up enjoying it a lot. Ensnared wasn’t my favorite of the series but I did think it was a great read
Natalia
I'm still not anywhere near to writing a proper review for this book. It's been 5 months now and I'm still a mess of emotions. I swear, I've developed a split personality disorder with the ending we got. Someone compared this feeling to a vortex in their review, and I couldn't agree more. I feel like I'll be forever swimming in this vortex.

On some days I'd feel *almost* okay about stuff, thanks to a few people who basically glued me back together again. I won't say the names, but you know who y
Lauren Christina
I just finished "Unhinged" and I can't wait for "Unsnared"! I also can't wait to see the cover for this one. (TEAM MORPHEUS)
The first fifty or so pages of Ensnared, the conclusion to A.G. Howard’s Splintered trilogy, are a solid adventure story as Alyssa and her father search for an entrance to Wonderland and the adjoining dark realm of AnyElsewhere, where evil Queen Red dragged Morpheus, Allison, and Jeb at the end of Unhinged.

We’re learning all kinds of stuff about Alyssa’s dad, who had no memories of life before Pleasance, TX, until recently, and whose whole identity was assigned by Allison years ago. His name is
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
Well. Umm....

Okay, let's-- .... Hmm. This is gonna be the lengthiest review I've written in a loooooong time.

Man, you guys should see me right now. The top of my head is probably churning out smoke at this very moment due to me trying so hard to find the right words to say. Because in all honesty, I just do not know how I really feel about how this series wrapped up.

I guess judging from the rating you guys can already tell that I wasn't as happy as I'd hoped to be with it, considering I gave bot
Liz
Feb 16, 2014 rated it did not like it

Why? Tell me, why do authors do that?
The conclusion could have been splendid, the author could have done something extra-ordinary, but no, what did she do instead?
Focused on Alyssa's boy-problem.

Why my rating is so low (minor spoilers ahead)
1. The lack of character-development. Because yes, even in the final book there should be one, I think. What I got instead was Alyssa struggling with her feelings for the boys because her heart "tugged her in both ways", what I got instead was Jeb and his
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
And we have come to an end. Well, actually I'm going to read the novella after this book called Untamed and there is a small ebook out but not sure when I'm going to get to that one.

Now that the battle was fought on the human side, Alyssa must travel to AnyElsewhere. This is the place she ended up banishing Jeb and Morpheus and she did some other things but you can read about that in the book. Alyssa's father also goes with her after he remembers his part in the story line. And more craziness e
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, fantasy, retellings
3.75*
I had pretty high expectations for this book but honestly I was a tad bit disappointed. Video review to come.
Melissa (Ever So Mela)

♥{Ever So Mela}♥{Bloglovin}♥{Facebook}♥{Google+}♥

Splintered Review
Unhinged Review

Do you hear that sound? That gut wrenching shattering noise?

Well, that would be the sound of my heart breaking. The sound of my love for this series withering. The sound of death and unfulfilled dreams. The sound of darkness and gloom. Shadows and sorrow. Misery and grief.

I would have so made it as an actor.

Ok, lets get real.

This was not what I wanted. This was not how it was supposed to end. Hell NO!

"You can not
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
*SPOILERS WILL BE HIDDEN* I was… pissed when I finished listening to the audiobook of this last week. I vented and ranted to a few of my friends hoping that would make me feel better, but even now, every time I think of this book I get in a bad mood. I really liked books one and two and I was so excited, and nervous for the final book. Final books are always scary. Final books involving a trilogy? Terrifying! Knowing that there is a good chance your Team might not win at the end? Devastating! I ...more
JustThatBookWorm

Review to come

Pre-book thoughts:

Omg it's only out 2015? *Dies*

description

It's so sad it's pretty obvious who she will choose: The helpless, stupid, and annoying human Jeb. But, A.G. Howard, if you are reading this, no one likes Jeb. And, please write fast! I need this book soon or i will die!

description

This seems to be a recurring pattern in YA and it drives me nuts! Why does the heroine always choose the helpless one?! I just want Ivory's vision to come true!!!!!!
Yassie
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
As long as Ivory's vision is fulfilled, I won't care about anything else! lol Well duh, what's the point of saving Wonderland if the vision won't come true?!!! T^T
C.G. Drews
THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS THAT THIS IS PERFECT. Okay. Bye. Off you pop. Just go read it and not my review because...let's face it....I'm not going to be saying much intelligent here anyway. There will mostly be a) fangirling, b) crying, c) screeching, and d) over usage of Alice in Wonderland gifs.
description
Let's get into it, shall we?

Obviously the only reason we read this book is to find out who Alyssa picks: Morpheus or Jeb? I'm an aggressive Morpheus shipper. In fact, I spent the entire first 2
Hannah (The Curiouser & Curiouser)
Updated: 3/21/2015

Rating: 5 (bloody brilliant) stars.

Bloody brilliant, I’ll say.

Now, I realize this book has become a hot topic in a hate/love war. I get it. I do. And after reading the book, I understand the angst, anger, and everything in-between.

But let me say this, because I realize that I won’t be able to write this review without possibly seriously offending some people and/or making them question my morals in life: I just don’t really care.

Feel free to disagree with me. (I’m being complet
A.M. Supinger
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I’m blessed to have read an early draft of ENSNARED. There’s no better gift, so thank you to the moon and back, Tooth Fairy!

Anita wrote an escapist's dream series. The SPLINTERED series is fantasy—wildly beautiful fantasy—but don’t assume that the books lack depth because they’re madly twisted. The characters make tragic, crazy, and sometimes even wise choices. The flaws make the characters, in my opinion, just as much as the triumphs.
But Anita's ability to stay true to her story is what leaves
Angela
Sep 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
Feeling conflicted because of the cover...
Rhyn G
Jun 25, 2014 marked it as to-read
I swear to God, if the author kills off Morpheus I'm gonna lose my shit. No joke.
Aqsa
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
the only thing worth it in this series is Morpheus and (view spoiler) the rest is garbage lol
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)

What a glorious end to an amazing series!! I really enjoyed it, but I’m very sad to see it go. I can’t believe I’ll never see Morph again :(

I was so thrilled to jump back into the world that Howard creates! I didn’t realize how much I’d missed it. It’s sooo twisted…I love it! There were certain scenes where I was just like …..creeeeeepyyy…… and ok, I was a little disturbed. (view spoiler)
Anna Banks
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a MUST READ series!
Elena Salvatore
What an amazing ending for an amazing series.
description

Now that Alyssa managed to shun all the neatherlings from the human world, she has to return to Wonderland for the final battle between her and Queen Red and more importantly for rescuing the people that she loved.
Before she does that however she has to find a way to get back since the rabbit hole vanished.
So she has to get help from the only person that knows his way around Wonderland better than anyone. Someone that managed to go through the human W
Clarissa
Jun 17, 2014 marked it as to-read
LOVE the colours on this, but ugh Jeb. Why, can't we just have another Morpheus cover... I'd be down for that *swoon*.
I'm currently in the middle of Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo and I got to talking with a friend of mine and I feel slightly more worried going into this book now. (view spoiler)
Stacee
I was lucky enough to be spoiled by Anita and I got to read the MS right after she was finished writing it. After final edits were done, I got to read it again. Let me tell you, this book was absolute perfection.

There are swoons and laughs and action and heartfail and so many creepy things that it's like a delicious roller coaster. There were scenes that I wanted to squeeze my laptop in joy and then pages later throw it across the room while screaming.

Alyssa, Jeb, Morpheus, and all of the othe
Paradose
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I guess I'm not the only one desperately waiting for this book. I can't wait.
I've read both Splintered and Unhinged more than a couple of times, and I can't believe the trilogy is drawing to an end.I'm torn between wanting to know where Alyssa is going to stay and with whom (WONDERLAND! MORPHEUS!!!!!) and wanting this series to never end.
It's a pity that we still have to wait until 2015. I actually have a countdown on my phone (219 days to go until the January the 6th 2015!).

Me waiting
Kayla
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
CHARACTERS-
You saw the characters really develop in this book and I loved that! You could see the difference between the first book and the second.

ROMANCE-
Morpheus and Alyssa had great moments in this book and they were just so cute together and when they were talking about their son, it was everything.

PLOT-
The plot was very enjoyable but not as good as the first book.

ENDING-
I wasn't 100% satisfied with the ending but I did read Untamed, the epilogue where Alyssa is giving birth and it really ma
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
  • A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter, #3)
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • Hero (Woodcutter Sisters #2; Books of Arilland #2)
  • Shine Light (Night Creatures, #3)
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Reign Fall (Demon Princess #3)
  • Rebellion (The Elysium Chronicles, #3)
  • Tear You Apart (Beau Rivage, #2)
  • The Nightmare Dilemma (The Arkwell Academy, #2)
  • Winterspell (Winterspell, #1)
  • Follow the White Rabbit (Beautiful Madness, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Azar o seu!
  • All That Burns (All That Glows, #2)
  • The Lost Codex (The Collectors' Society, #4)
#1 New York Times and International bestselling Author of Gothic / Fantasy & Paranormal tales. Mystical & romantic with a side of horror. YA, NA, and Literary Romance. Repped by Jenny Bent.

A.G. was inspired to write the Splintered Series, her tribute to Carroll's Wonderland, while working at a school library. Her pastimes are reading, rollerblading, gardening, and family vacations which of

Splintered (3 books)
  • Splintered (Splintered, #1)
  • Unhinged (Splintered, #2)
“My precious Alyssa, share reality with me. Give me forever. We will wreak such beautiful havoc together.” 94 likes
“Insanity is the most pristine clarity.” 63 likes