The Challenge Factory discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > February Buddy Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Jan 21, 2015 09:29AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5585 comments Mod
Buddy Read

February Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 February 2015 - 28 February 2015

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in! When you decide who you buddy and your book you will head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow) If you are without a partner by the end of sign up I will try to match the remaining people up, so no worries...EVERYONE will have a buddy:-)

1.If you want to participate post your name and maybe let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and or any books that you're interested in reading.

2.If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3.Whoever doesn’t have a partner, we will try to place with another person and you guys can pick a book together! If we have an odd number we can have groups of three, more people to discuss with!

4.I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5.The challenge will span a month.

6.For each group we can set up a thread so the two of you can discuss without having to sift through a bunch of other conversation.

7.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the February Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Hi all. I'd love a buddy read for Feb. I'll check back in and post some books later;-)

message 3: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jan 22, 2015 01:06PM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16220 comments Mod
Kristin, Stacey and I are supposed to tackle Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah . Anyone else want to jump in?

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jan 22, 2015 12:27PM) (new)

Lou and Ezi are reading By the light of the Moon (Assassin/Shifter, #3) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion Pretend (Blackcreek, #3) by Riley Hart

Lou, Ezi & Debbie: The Stars that Tremble (Stars, #1) by Kate McMurray

anyone joining us?

message 5: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm planning to read these next month if anyone is interested in a buddy read?
Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

@Ezi - Are you going to be able to squeeze in a Kristin Hannah next month? I think these are the books I have (& haven't read yet) but am open to others.
Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah Home Front by Kristin Hannah True Colors by Kristin Hannah

@V - If you're still interested in Mud Vein and/or The Girl on the Train, let me know... :D

message 6: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Stacey wrote: "Hi all. I'd love a buddy read for Feb. I'll check back in and post some books later;-)"

We need a new author to buddy read. :)

message 7: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Kristin and I are supposed to tackle Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah. Anyone else want to jump in?"

Great minds ;)

message 8: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Kristin and I are supposed to tackle Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah. Anyone else want to jump in?"

I really enjoyed this one - hope you guys like it. It was like a trip down memory lane for me.

message 9: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jan 22, 2015 12:54PM) (new)

Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I'm planning to read these next month if anyone is ."

I already bought the audio of Firefly and it's a book for Meet-n-Greet.
I just read Home Front last week and True Colors a year or two ago.

She does have a new book coming out: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah pub.date 2/3/15.

message 10: by V_Nerdbooks (last edited Jan 22, 2015 01:00PM) (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Wahoo yes K I'm up for both of those :○D and Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout if you like?

I'm reading The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan Wicked (A Wicked Saga, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

message 11: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Hi all. I'd love a buddy read for Feb. I'll check back in and post some books later;-)"

We need a new author to buddy read. :)"

Yes!!! I'm up for Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah ??!!

message 12: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Stacey wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Hi all. I'd love a buddy read for Feb. I'll check back in and post some books later;-)"

We need a new author to buddy read. :)"

Yes!!!..."

got cha

message 13: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

~Melissa~ (~Cainis~ the Elf) wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Kristin and I are supposed to tackle Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah. Anyone else want to jump in?"

I really enjoyed this one - hope you guys like it. It was ..."

We got two BRs in march---Ty and Zane's final book (*holding back tears of anguish) and hopefully that darn Rack & Ruin

message 14: by Marie (UK) (last edited Jan 22, 2015 01:15PM) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) i would like to join in I like literary fiction mostly but read all sorts here are some intend to get to next month

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb The Scandal At Bletchley by Jack Treby Bel Canto by Ann Patchett Foxglove Summer (Peter Grant, #5) by Ben Aaronovitch Mrs. Kimble by Jennifer Haigh A Life In A Moment by Stefanos Livos

message 15: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "~Melissa~ (~Cainis~ the Elf) wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Kristin and I are supposed to tackle Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah. Anyone else want to jump in?"

I really enjoyed this..."

Yes, yes, yes and I'm going to read Alaska, With Love but don't think I will catch you and Lou to join for #3

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jan 22, 2015 02:16PM) (new)

~Melissa~ (~Cainis~ the Elf) wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: . Anyone else want ..."

no rush. that book is a quick smutty read. We can wait for you

message 17: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Quick would be good lol

message 18: by K~Terror (last edited Jan 22, 2015 02:15PM) (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "Wahoo yes K I'm up for both of those :○D and Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout if you like?

I'm reading The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry ..."

Sounds great!
(I read Wicked this month and really enjoyed it!)

message 19: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I am broadening my PNR horizons ........slowly lol

message 20: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments LOL! Remember when you get to
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas -- Start with the prequel --> The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas

The Prequel is REALLY REALLY GOOD and explains a lot about the MC!
(Although I really liked Throne of Glass, I loved the other 3 even more:
The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas

message 21: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments okay added, not sure when I'll get to them though

message 22: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "okay added, not sure when I'll get to them though"

Pretend you did FWYS for February and then imagine I picked these! :D

message 23: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Haha I'll try and sneak them in somewhere no doubt

message 24: by Penni (new)

Penni | 993 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I'm planning to read these next month if anyone is interested in a buddy read?
Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. ArmentroutWither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefanoMud Vein by Tarryn Fisher[bookcover:The Girl on the..."

I'd be iterested in Mud Vein or Wither

message 25: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Penni wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I'm planning to read these next month if anyone is interested in a buddy read?
Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. ArmentroutWither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano[bookcove..."

"Or" or "AND"?? :D

message 26: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "Haha I'll try and sneak them in somewhere no doubt"

Just think how annoying I would be if I were pushy...

message 27: by Emma Ruth (last edited Jan 22, 2015 06:29PM) (new)

Emma Ruth (inevitablyannoying) Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I'm planning to read these next month if anyone is interested in a buddy read?..."

I'd love to join you for The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins , if that's okay? :)

message 28: by Penni (new)

Penni | 993 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Penni wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I'm planning to read these next month if anyone is interested in a buddy read?
Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout[bookcover:Wither|852..."

I should just say OR. LOL. I have a lot going, as usual, but I just got Wither from the library on audio and Mud Vein has been on my kindle for awhile.

message 29: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Emma wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I'm planning to read these next month if anyone is interested in a buddy read?..."

I'd love to join you for The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins..."

Absolutely! :)

message 30: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Penni wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Penni wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I'm planning to read these next month if anyone is interested in a buddy read?
[bookcover:S..."

Haha! I get that. Let me know which one or I can add you to both and you can decide later which works.

message 31: by Kat (new)

Kat (bookworm2017) I like chick lit and thrillers, anyone want to be my buddy?

message 32: by Penni (new)

Penni | 993 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Penni wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Penni wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I'm planning to read these next month if anyone is interested in a buddy read..."

Add me to both and I'll decide what I can do. Lofty goals to reach for lol.

message 33: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Kat wrote: "I like chick lit and thrillers, anyone want to be my buddy?"

Want to join us for The Girl on the Train? It's supposed to be like a faster paced Gone Girl

message 34: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Kat wrote: "I like chick lit and thrillers, anyone want to be my buddy?"

Take a look at the books people put up already and/or put up some of your own.
Example of people looking for a partner Marie's Post

message 35: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Penni wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Penni wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Penni wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I'm planning to read these next..."

That works! ;)

message 36: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) Kat wrote: "I like chick lit and thrillers, anyone want to be my buddy?"

Hi Kat would you class Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells as chick lit

or The Scandal At Bletchley by Jack Treby as a thriller

message 37: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, #2) by Pierce Brown The Line Of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst Five Days at Memorial Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan

Anyone up for any of these this month?

message 38: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1 comments @Kristin and Girl on the Train buddy read crew. I would love to join you!

message 39: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Kristen wrote: "@Kristin and Girl on the Train buddy read crew. I would love to join you!"

Awesome!

message 40: by Ketty (new)

Ketty | 13 comments Marie wrote: "i would like to join in I like literary fiction mostly but read all sorts here are some intend to get to next month

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells[bookcover:I Know T..."

I would be interested in reading (listening for me) Foxglove Summer with you.

message 41: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jan 25, 2015 08:09AM) (new)

Ketty wrote: "Marie wrote: "i would like to join in I like literary fiction mostly but read all sorts here are some intend to get to next month

re Foxglove Summer (Peter Grant, #5) by Ben Aaronovitch.."

Marie & Ketty, don't forget to post your book of choice on the Signup Thread--see top post

message 42: by Ketty (new)

Ketty | 13 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Ketty wrote: "Marie wrote: "i would like to join in I like literary fiction mostly but read all sorts here are some intend to get to next month

re Foxglove Summer (Peter Grant, #5) by Ben Aaronovitch.."

Mari..."

Should I wait to see if Marie wants to buddy read Foxglove Summer with me before posting to the Sign-up Thread?

message 43: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ketty wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Ketty wrote: "Marie wrote: "i would like to join in I like literary fiction mostly but read all sorts here are some intend to get to next month

re [bookcover..."

I thought she posted books she wanted to BR and you responded that you would read FoxGlove with her... Did I misunderstand?

message 44: by Ketty (new)

Ketty | 13 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Ketty wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Ketty wrote: "Marie wrote: "i would like to join in I like literary fiction mostly but read all sorts here are some intend to get to next month
..."

I misunderstood. :) I'll add our book to the thread. Tx

message 45: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Anyone interested in reading one of these with me?

Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11) by Anne Rice Day 21 (The Hundred, #2) by Kass Morgan Heretic (Templar Chronicles, #1) by Joseph Nassise The Dream Alchemist (Somnus, #1) by Joanna Chambers The Sacrifice (The Fey, #1) by Kristine Kathryn Rusch The Secret World of Christoval Alvarez (The Chronicles of Christoval Alvarez, #1) by Ann Swinfen The Thousand Names (The Shadow Campaigns, #1) by Django Wexler The Game (The Game is Life #1) by Terry Schott

message 46: by Belinda (new)

Belinda | 461 comments I'll read Heretic (Templar Chronicles, #1) by Joseph Nassise with you Denise

message 47: by Emma Ruth (new)

Emma Ruth (inevitablyannoying) Denise wrote: "Anyone interested in reading one of these with me?

Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11) by Anne Rice Day 21 (The Hundred, #2) by Kass Morgan Heretic (Templar Chronicles, #1) by Joseph Nassise The Dream Alchemist (Somnus, #1) by Joanna Chambers The Game (The Game is Life #1) by Terry Schott :)

message 48: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

@ Belinda: Yay, sounds like a plan!

@ Emma: Wanna join us for Heretic (Templar Chronicles, #1) by Joseph Nassise ? For the rest, are you up for reading all of them? :D Or we could save some for March. (I'm definitely reading Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11) by Anne Rice in Feb, the others I could hold off on if five BRs is too much.)

message 49: by Emma Ruth (new)

Emma Ruth (inevitablyannoying) Oops, my post malfunctioned.

I wanted to join you for Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11) by Anne Rice Heretic (Templar Chronicles, #1) by Joseph Nassise or The Game (The Game is Life #1) by Terry Schott . I've already read Day 21 (The Hundred, #2) by Kass Morgan .

But, yes, I'd be happy to join you for those two :)

message 50: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

*lol* Happens sometimes.

So, Heretic (Templar Chronicles, #1) by Joseph Nassise together with Belinda and Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11) by Anne Rice and The Game (The Game is Life #1) by Terry Schott for the two of us, right? Just making sure. :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.