Goodreads Developers discussion

bugs > Reviews Widget not listing all reviews

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by بسام (new)

بسام عبد العزيز (bassamabdelaziz) | 3 comments I'm trying to use your API for posting reviews and I'm using the review widget to display the reviews.
I can add the review successfully but it isn't reflected back in the review widget. is there any specific filter criteria for the review widget that causes my review not to appear in it?
Also the total count of reviews appearing in the widget is different from the total number of review mentioned in the book age in GoodReads, is this a bug? or does the review listing is different in the review from the book page?

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) It might be cached, did it show up yet?

Theres also a setting on your profile to disallow review from showing up on 3rd party sites.

message 3: by بسام (new)

بسام عبد العزيز (bassamabdelaziz) | 3 comments I already added a review on this book:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

The review was added at 23-01-2015 and it's not visible yet if i tried to access the page anonymously.

How much does it rebuild the cache items?

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) I think 24 hours, so that's probably not it. We'll try and take a look and get back to you.

message 5: by بسام (new)

بسام عبد العزيز (bassamabdelaziz) | 3 comments Michael wrote: "I think 24 hours, so that's probably not it. We'll try and take a look and get back to you."

Dear Michael,
the review has appeared today. but that took almost 6 days to appear. is this normal?

message 6: by Ettore (new)

Ettore Pasquini that seems odd to me, does this happen currently for all reviews that you post?