What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Why are There More Questions than Answers, Grandad?
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. An encyclopedia found in a messy attic comes to life as a young boy reads its entries. Children's picture book. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new) - added it

Tom | 5 comments I remember reading this book when I was quite young, so it would have to be at least 13 years old by now. It's about an inquisitive young boy who lives with his grandfather (or some older male relative). One day his grandfather gets so annoyed with the boy asking questions all the time that the boy is sent to clean the messy attic. The boy finds an encyclopedia among the mess, but as he reads it, the entries come to life making more of a mess of the attic. The boy somehow manages to get the attic clean just in the nick of time.
The one thing I remember clearly about this book is one of the questions that the boy asks: "Why do potatoes have eyes but no noses?". I tried a Google search on that quote but nothing came up.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5052 comments Tom, do you remember the cover?
Were the illustrations realistic, black and white, colorful, etc?
Time period/location story takes place?
Part of a series?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35698 comments Mod
Why Are There More Questions Than Answers, Grandad? by Kenneth Mahood?

Description on Amazon: "When his incessant questions exasperate his grandfather, Sandy is locked up in a junk-filled attic with orders to clean it up before dinner."

Cover image on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HU627Q?t...

message 4: by Tom (new) - added it

Tom | 5 comments That's the one Kris, thanks for that.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35698 comments Mod
Great! Glad we could help. :)