Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Delete Reader Q&A Questions?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Will (new)

Will Hinds (radiok) | 6 comments Hello fellow Librarians! Have you noticed bogus "questions" in the Reader Q&A section? Take for example, Patrick Rothfuss' forthcoming Doors of Stone, at least 7 of the 12 answered questions are absolute rubbish. Can we librarians delete questions somehow? Is that a forthcoming feature or maybe a Super Librarian only tool? I'm not trying to be overly restrictive, or obsessive compulsive, but this area is blatantly being misused on this book, and I can't even imagine how many others.

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments I expect that only staff can remove the Q&A gunk. And it would probably need to be guilty of sedition (rather than just be dross) before that would happen. If a question is a real problem then use the flag option and alert Support to it.

message 3: by Andrea (last edited Jan 21, 2015 12:29AM) (new)

Andrea (andrea_b) | 561 comments In a thread over at the Feedback Group (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...) it was mentioned that even if flagged, GR staff weren't deleting questions that weren't really questions :/ ... I think the non-questions make the section look a lot less useful...

message 4: by Will (new)

Will Hinds (radiok) | 6 comments Thanks Andrea, but overall, "ew". I hope Goodreads developers get a chance to work on this feature, it really needs some help. I guess it's safe to say that, in the meantime, "no" there's no way to delete questions. Boo!

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17184 comments I don't think it can be deleted but it can be changed to be anonymous if you no longer want to be associated with it.

message 6: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Fayes | 1 comments I wanna know too, if we are able to delete.

message 7: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments This is not a librarian issue; try over in Goodreads Feedback: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.