David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
This topic is about Heir of Fire
Buddy Reads! > Heir of Fire Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Harlee, David and I are starting a buddy read for Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas starting Thursday, Jan 22nd! Everyone is welcome to join!

There are no set chapters per day, we just read at our own paces and start each post with how far along you are, i.e., Chapter #, %, using spoilers where needed. Have fun!

Harlee | 1583 comments I am SO excited to read this!

message 3: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Yes!! Can't wait!

message 4: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beyond excited over here!!

Harlee | 1583 comments Just reading the description has my heart hurting!

message 6: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

I just downloaded it onto my Kindle! I have some work to do this morning, but I'm hoping to start this afternoon :) Look forward to reading with you guys!

message 7: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ditto that! Yes, I also had to work this morning, just got off and have to do a few errands and things--then its reading time!! Very excited for this book :)

Harlee | 1583 comments I was sitting in a waiting room most of the morning, so I did read then. So far, so good!

message 9: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay just started reading, on page 99 or 18% and loving it and really into this world again! I love that we are getting to know some new characters. The witch, Manon is beyond creepy. I already like Rowan, he actually reminds me a little of Chaol.

I really want to read some more, but I'm exhausted, about fell asleep while I was reading! I might be going to bed very early tonight!

Harlee | 1583 comments I'm around page 59. I agree, Manon is wicked but I'm intrigued by her! I'm looking forward to learning more about Rowan and I kind of want to see Celaena and..oh what's his name? The traitor general dude? I wanna see what she thinks of him!

message 11: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I can't think of his name right off the top of my head, either Harlee (I'm horrible with names!) I know it starts with an "A" LOL! But YES, I agree with you!

And OMG, the suspense about Dorian not knowing who Celaena really is is KILLING ME!

Harlee | 1583 comments Aedion! That's it! Same here! And I feel so bad for Chaol because he feels awful for not telling him!

message 13: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Page 42 :) The first Manon chapter was so good! Creepy/scary, but good.

Really like (as in he's totally hateable) Aedion as a new character too.

message 14: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agreed David! It gets even creepier with Manon!

Harlee | 1583 comments I love the name Aedion though! I finished the second Manon chapter, she is seriously wicked and I hate that I find her intriguing!

Harlee | 1583 comments I'm on page 93. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all these witch gangs and leaders and rules, etc but I like getting it all from Manon's POV.

message 17: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm on page 129 and hope to read some more today! (view spoiler)

message 18: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Oh good, I caught up! Page 153 :)

So far I like all the plotlines so far, but the level of detail is getting to be a little much LOL. But I get the feeling it's all going to come together in a big way. On Aedion (view spoiler)

Harlee | 1583 comments I'm at page 116, hoping to read a little more later tonight. I'm a slight bit overwhelmed by how much is going on, but I like it! Chaol has A LOT on his plate right now, and I hate his dad.

message 20: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm up to page 190. I haven't had much reading time this weekend unfortunately, but its all good!

YES, David, agree completely on Aedion!

(view spoiler)

message 21: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Harlee wrote: "I'm at page 116, hoping to read a little more later tonight. I'm a slight bit overwhelmed by how much is going on, but I like it! Chaol has A LOT on his plate right now, and I hate his dad."

Agreed! His dad is an arrogant buttwipe!

message 22: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Jenny wrote: "Harlee wrote: "I'm at page 116, hoping to read a little more later tonight. I'm a slight bit overwhelmed by how much is going on, but I like it! Chaol has A LOT on his plate right now, and I hate h..."

HA! I agree on all counts about Chaol's dad!

message 23: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Jenny wrote: "I'm up to page 190. I haven't had much reading time this weekend unfortunately, but its all good!

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah, geez, those things are (view spoiler)

Page 237: The Manon chapters are my favorite by far! Just so creepy and interesting. I thought it was awesome how (view spoiler) The Celaena chapters are okay, but a bit slow-moving. I'm getting a little bored with the Chaol chapters now that (view spoiler) The chapters with Dorian and (view spoiler)

Harlee | 1583 comments I'm falling a bit behind you guys, but I'm at page 143. (view spoiler)

message 25: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

In my head its like "Porsche" with an "a" at the end, if that makes sense.

No worries, Harlee, I didn't get any reading done in this book yesterday, was reading David's book instead ;)

HOping to read some more tonight! I have a meeting to go to up at the school, I'm hoping it will be short!

Harlee | 1583 comments Huh, I think I like your pronunciation better lol! I'm hoping to read some more tonight, aiming to get to the 200's!

message 27: by Harlee (last edited Jan 26, 2015 07:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Harlee | 1583 comments Page 155. (view spoiler)

Harlee | 1583 comments David wrote: "Oh good, I caught up! Page 153 :)

So far I like all the plotlines so far, but the level of detail is getting to be a little much LOL. But I get the feeling it's all going to come together in a bi..."

I love him too!

message 29: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I'm up to page 190. I haven't had much reading time this weekend unfortunately, but its all good!

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah, geez, those thi..."

I want to know more of what's going on with Celaena right now than I do with Chaol or Dorian. But I did love (view spoiler)

message 30: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited Jan 26, 2015 08:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay, now up to page 306! Getting ready to start part 2!

(view spoiler)

Its really getting good now!

Harlee | 1583 comments Page 178. I think I'm finally liking Rowan. I want to learn more about him. Actually, I'm really liking all these new characters!

Harlee | 1583 comments I'm finally at 200 and wow, I am really getting into this now!

Harlee | 1583 comments I'm at 213 and Whaaaat? (view spoiler)

message 34: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Jenny wrote: "In my head its like "Porsche" with an "a" at the end, if that makes sense.

No worries, Harlee, I didn't get any reading done in this book yesterday, was reading David's book instead ;)

HOping to..."

That's how I was pronouncing it too, but I have no clue if it's right :)

message 35: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Harlee wrote: "Page 155. [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, I had the exact same reaction. He was so hateable and then so likeable, I love that sort of a twist! His POV was so good :)

message 36: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Harlee wrote: "I'm at 213 and Whaaaat? [spoilers removed]"

No I don't think so. I think those are just Chaol's assumptions, I don't think its ever been confirmed. Celaena won't face up to it yet.

message 37: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Harlee wrote: "Page 178. I think I'm finally liking Rowan. I want to learn more about him. Actually, I'm really liking all these new characters!"

I couldn't agree more, the new characters are FANTASTIC. I also really like Rowan after disliking him for so long.

message 38: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Harlee wrote: "I'm at 213 and Whaaaat? [spoilers removed]"

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we already knew this...but it's been SO long since I read the prequels and the first two books so I could be mistaken.

Harlee | 1583 comments Me too! And as hard as it is to admit, I'm really liking Manon! She's so cruel but I can't help but like her. Can you imagine her and Celaena in a fight??

message 40: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Harlee wrote: "Me too! And as hard as it is to admit, I'm really liking Manon! She's so cruel but I can't help but like her. Can you imagine her and Celaena in a fight??"

Agreed and that would be AWESOME!! (unless someone dies!)

Agreed on Rowan, I actually liked him before, but I was getting pretty frustrated with him! But then again, I was frustrated with Celaena too!

message 41: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Jenny wrote: "Okay, now up to page 306! Getting ready to start part 2!

FINALLY!!! It was about time Celaena kicked Rowan's ass, I was expecting it at some point! That last chapter was my favorite so far in the ..."

Agree with everything you said, Jenny! Page 326 (view spoiler)

message 42: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Harlee wrote: "Me too! And as hard as it is to admit, I'm really liking Manon! She's so cruel but I can't help but like her. Can you imagine her and Celaena in a fight??"

Oh. My. Gosh. That would be crazy. I hadn't thought of that. That would be insane!!

Harlee | 1583 comments Jenny wrote: "Harlee wrote: "Me too! And as hard as it is to admit, I'm really liking Manon! She's so cruel but I can't help but like her. Can you imagine her and Celaena in a fight??"

Agreed and that would be ..."

Oh no no, no dying! Maybe they could just become friends? :)

message 44: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited Jan 27, 2015 07:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

On page 497. (view spoiler)

Oh, that last 100 pages was AMAZING!!!!

message 45: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Whoa! You jumped way ahead of us :) I fell asleep reading last night (page 346), not because I was bored but because I was exhausted. I loved how Manon (view spoiler)

message 46: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Whoa! You jumped way ahead of us :) I fell asleep reading last night (page 346), not because I was bored but because I was exhausted. I loved how Manon [spoilers removed]"

I loved that too! I totally didn't expect Manon (view spoiler)

message 47: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited Jan 28, 2015 03:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm sorry, guys, couldn't help it...after page 350, I was HOOKED!! I would have finished last night, but I was falling asleep, too, David, for the same reason!

I just finished it! And it was OMG EPIC!!!!! Even better than Crown of Midnight! Several big twists and revelations, although not any quite as big as CoM!

The big battle scene that happens towards the end, and lasts several pages...I can't wait to hear your guys reactions! WOW, IT WAS SO GOOD!!!! And I love how things start tying together, but there's still tons of story left for the sequels!

It. Was. Brilliant!!

Harlee | 1583 comments I'm not too far behind you, David. I'm hoping to read more tonight :)

Harlee | 1583 comments I'm at page 277, gonna try and read a bit before bed. I'm so frustrated with Celaena and Rowan! They were making progress :'( I'm still enjoying Manon's chapters and I'm still impressed with how much I am liking her and Aedion!

Harlee | 1583 comments Page 309. Now they are back on track! And wow, his story...as awful as it is, this bond they now share is incredible.

« previous 1

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heir of Fire (other topics)