What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
This topic is about Secret of the Sirens
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fantasy series; 4 Elements, Connie main character /s

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri (new)

Sheri M (akindofmagick) | 3 comments My daughter is searching for a book series featuring a girl named Connie who can control all four elements. DD thinks there are four books in the series. Characters in the series can bond with mythical creatures/animals that are related to the element the person can control. Connie can bond with all animals. The evil shape shifter has a real form that is black mist; his name starts with the letter "K". He uses mind control to manipulate the characters; he's after Connie because she can bond and control any other creature.

message 2: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (med0ra) | 436 comments Maybe the chapter book series W.I.T.C.H The Power of Five by Elizabeth Lenhard. Five girls that can control the elements. The closest name to Connie is Cornelia.

message 3: by LauraW (new)

message 4: by Sheri (new)

Sheri M (akindofmagick) | 3 comments No, my DD is in bed, but I'm sure this isn't it. She remembers the cover; says there are no people on it. Thanks, tho!!

message 5: by Christy (last edited Jan 19, 2015 11:39PM) (new) - added it

Christy | 12 comments I read this a few years ago now, the series is "The Companions Quartet" by Julia Golding.
The series starts with Secret of the Sirens, followed by the Gorgon's Gaze, Mines of the Minotaur and The Chimera's Curse.
It's about this secret society protecting all mythical and ordinary creatures and the society is now underthreat from the villain.
Connie is known as a Universal as she can understand all creatures in this society whereas other people in it can control one example Connie's friend Col is companion to the pegasus. (One part of the society deals with creatures that draw their power from the four elements).The villain is Kullervo is as you described and he is a shapeshifter.

message 6: by Sheri (new)

Sheri M (akindofmagick) | 3 comments Yay!!!! Thank you so much!!! She will be so excited!!!!