2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
This topic is about The Good, the Bad, and the Undead

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
19. Any final thoughts about the series? How does it compare to the first book? Plan on continuing?

Monica | 160 comments Mod
I definitely liked this one more than the first book. I rated it a full star more. I have continued on with the series, and plan to get back to it once again.

It was definitely a much better experience for me. Not sure if the switch to audio helped that but I thought the story was much more intriguing.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I read the first book awhile ago as an ebook and thought it was okay. I decided to do a reread last month to get ready for our buddy read and decided to try it on audio and it seemed more interesting the second time around or maybe it was the audio. And, I enjoyed this one more than the first.

Maybe the audio does make a difference.

It adds more to their character and draws you in more - in my opinion

The narrator flies through the story, too. Plus, I can zone out on those sections where I'm not interested.

haha, that is SO true!

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I'm in the minority that I preferred the first book. Ivy and Rachel's relationship had me quitting about halfway through and if it weren't for this buddy read I would probably not have gone back to. Nevertheless, I'm glad that I did because the 2nd half was great and I'm very intrigued by the direction the story is going in.

Oh, the second half helped me obliterate the memory of the first half. Ivy and Rachel's interaction was uncomfortable, especially Rachel's continued willingness to forgive or make excuses for her.

Off topic a bit so I apologize...but I just read the novella after this book...it is about Ivy before she is partnered up with Rachel and while it was too short it was kind of interesting to read about her on her own.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Was it good, Kris?

Hmmm...does it help shape a different perspective about her?

I gave it 3 stars because it almost felt like a teaser rather than a satisfying story. I don't think it completely changes your mind but it gives you more of her point of view of her parents, Kisten and Piscary. Overall, I would say skip it as it doesn't add anything huge...it was just interesting.

Thanks, Kris.

No problem. Now I know what going to write in my review for it :)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yeah, sounds like it suffers from the same problems as most novellas. I'll be skipping. Thanks for telling us about it, Kris.

You're welcome, Lauren. I think for the rest of the series I'm going to skip the novellas.