2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
This topic is about The Good, the Bad, and the Undead

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
12. Piscary tells Rachel that he directed Ivy to befriend her and their relationship was orchestrated. Was he lying or is this the truth?

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I think he did tell Ivy to watch and befriend her but I do think Ivy started having feelings for Rachel on her own and the friendship is true.

What bothered me was Ivy not fessing up about this once they developed a friendship. I'd be a bit leery of her, more so than Rachel obviously is.

Yeah, that was not a good move. I think I am in the minority but for some reason I really want to like Ivy and waiting for some redemption.

I was feeling sympathetic and this reveal set me back considerably.

I don't blame ya!

Monica | 160 comments Mod
It's not that I don't like Ivy, I actually kind of do. I hate this weird thing going on between Ivy and Rachel. It needs to be put to bed, either figuratively or literally, lol.

Joking aside, I think the vampire world is a very tricky and unforgiving one. I don't think Ivy even thought to refuse Piscary's orders, even if she didn't want to obey them. He's really a bad, bad man. But I do think she should have fessed up.

Me, too. At least warned her who she was really dealing with.

They're best friends! I mean, if you want to prove that you are someone to be trusted, then you need to come clean about the origins of your relationship. And Rachel already spends too much time trusting people that are questionable and not trusting ones that she should.

And I agree, a little heads up would have been nice.

This story at least tells me where Ivy is coming from. You make a great point about her vampire nature and she can't very well change that. The vampires in this world are a bit different from the norms I'm used to...their lack of control for one. I'm not having high expectations of her going forward.

Rachel is so loyal...to a fault. After this, I'm not sure she could ever give up on Ivy.

And I don't think she should give up on Ivy, but Rachel needs one dependable friend that isn't always hiding something or wanting something from her in return. Ivy needs to step up and be that friend or she needs to back the eff off.

I guess Jenks is that kind of friend. I love him.

Yes and YES!!!

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, he was definitely telling the truth about Ivy. He really had no reason to lie and he had every intention of killing Rachel. I also agree that their friendship became a real one and that perhaps Ivy saw Rachel as an opportunity to get free of the vampire world (as much as this is possible).

While she should have told Rachel the truth, perhaps she was afraid of losing her.

@Monica - Ditto. My problem isn't with Ivy herself but with the weird relationship with Rachel. It is just too creepy because Rachel is obviously not interested in the same way that Ivy is.