2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
This topic is about The Good, the Bad, and the Undead

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
6. Nick persists in making contracts with demons and performing risky spells. What do you make of him and his black aura? Is he too stupid to live or crazy like a fox?

Monica | 160 comments Mod
I really just think he doesn't have much of a moral compass. He wants what he wants. Also, he's TSTL and crazy like a fox. I'm not his biggest fan.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I am so glad you said that, Monica! I am not feeling Nick and I am not crazy about him with Rachel...I am hoping this is a short term thing.

I'm not feeling the love either. We had lots of questions about him at the end of the first book and he just ramped up my suspicions in this one.

What the hell was he doing with Rachel's book and having the nerve to trade it to the demon??? Why wasn't she more upset about that?

Yeah...that was odd that he had it and had the gall to trade something that was not his. He came off as a nerdy cute guy but I think there is something more sinister. I wonder about Rachel's past romances as she accepts a lot of things from Nick too easily.

message 6: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 20, 2015 01:28PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

You've nailed it for me, Kris.

I think in general I need more back information on some of the characters - dead and alive, lol.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Not feeling the love for Nick either. I didn't like him in book #1 and he definitely seems to have his own agenda with the demon in this one.

The fact that his aura is black does not bode well and I really don't know why Rachel is so accepting of his summoning the demon (which definitely makes him TSTL).

I'm also concerned about the fact that he is now Rachel's familiar (at least at the point in the book where I am). I know it seems like the advantages are all on Rachel's side and that Nick could really be harmed by it, but I have this niggling suspicion that Nick could use it to his benefit and not in a good way for Rachel.

I have the same sense of foreboding about that aura, too, Lauren. This story has done nothing but make me even more suspicious of him.