2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
This topic is about The Good, the Bad, and the Undead

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7659 comments Mod
1. Rachel immediately focuses on Trent as the witch killer. Based on what she knew at the time, was she justified or out of line as Glenn and his father asserted?

Monica | 160 comments Mod
If I remember correctly, I think I thought it was a stretch and she (deservedly so) just wanted to pin something on Trent. I didn't think it was him.

Her perspective was so out of whack when it came to Trent that she was looking for any loose thread to pull and make it be him.

Monica | 160 comments Mod
I agree. And personally, I don't blame her, his treatment of her in book one was terrible. However, professionally, she should have had more to back up her accusation.

It damaged her credibility and left her vulnerable.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I agree, while personally you felt for Rachel and could understand why she wanted to go after Trent; professionally it was a bad move. I think with Rachel she wears her heart on her sleeve so it is hard for her at times to separate personal issues.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Rachel is definitely fixated on Trent. I got the impression that this had its roots even before the mink episode, which only solidified it. She is determined to prove he is the witch hunter even though there is hardly any evidence - not very professional.

Since we now know that Rachel's father and Trent's father knew each other, I have to wonder if this attitude doesn't have deeper roots.

You mean something being triggered instinctively?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes perhaps because they have a past history that neither remembers.

Ooh. I love that theory!

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Me too ;0)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I knew it! I just knew there was more to their pasts :0) I was wondering at the time if Trent might be the boy that Rachel flung in the tree, lol!

Lol! I didn't want to go too far with this part of the discussion.

I don't know how you even came close to figuring that out!!!

message 15: by Lauren (last edited Jan 29, 2015 11:50AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "I don't know how you even came close to figuring that out!!!"

Lol! You know me and my conspiracy theories. There is no such thing as coincidence.

Rachel's intense dislike for Trent cannot be 100% explained by the mink thing, so there must be more to it. Rachel threw some boy into a tree - perhaps the boy is Trent. And there you have it ... *chuckle*

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
lol, that's great, Lauren!

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I love the conspiracy theory Lauren! I thought it was unprofessional also of Rachael pinning it on Trent even though I cant blame her on how she was treated by him in the first book. It was the wrong thing to do though.