J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > Interview with J. D. Robb

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13394 comments Mod
Goodreads is interviewing author J.D. Robb for the monthly newsletter and I've been asked to submit questions! Many of you may have received the same message but in case you haven't and want to participate, just post it here and I'll submit on your behalf.

You can submit a question about her upcoming book, Obsession in Death, her past work, or anything you're curious about in general.

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments Let's hope no one asks when they are going to have a baby.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL, my very first thought. (the let's hope no one asks part)

message 4: by Penni (new)

Penni | 813 comments A sore spot, huh?

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

You know someone's going to ask:) Let me forewarn...I won't ask that question:)

message 6: by Brittany (new)

Brittany I wonder where she gets her humor (is she inspired by anyone?). The banter between Eve/Roarke and Eve/Peabody is hilarious.

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Brittany wrote: "I wonder where she gets her humor (is she inspired by anyone?). The banter between Eve/Roarke and Eve/Peabody is hilarious."

Great question!

message 8: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 1463 comments I wonder about how long it takes to write one of the In Death books
OR
Are some In Death books harder to write then others?

message 9: by Karma Queen (new)

Karma Queen (karmaqueen) | 236 comments Where does she get inspiration for the murder cases?

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Keep 'em coming! All good:)

message 11: by Karma Queen (new)

Karma Queen (karmaqueen) | 236 comments Are any of the series regulars based on anyone she knows in real life?

message 12: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments Let's see, we know where she got the idea to use a pen name and how she came up with JD Robb. How about "was she sorry the publisher started putting Nora Roberts on the books?"

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Ooh. That's an interesting question.

message 14: by Brittany (new)

Brittany What does she do in an attempt to keep the In Death books fresh but familiar so that they don't become too formulaic without losing their charm?

message 15: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I'll let you guys ask the questions. I'm always really bad at thinking of an intelligent question to ask an author I love.

message 16: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments I think we have to wait for you to catch up in the series to answer that question. It does get answered, a couple of times.

message 17: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments We've seen Eve overcome lots of aspects from her past (her father, Trudy, McQueen), will we see something else from her past that might surface in future books?

message 18: by Ivy (new)

Ivy she is so good in many of her books, in regard to victims of abuse. As a survivor myself, she has helped me tremendously. I would like to know how she writes about that subject, so perfectly and articulately. Has she worked with people or had friends who have lived through it? Both Eve and Nell from three sisters island. And there was another.... in the Mackade series I think.

message 19: by Cherie (new)

Cherie Bornholm | 6 comments Jonetta wrote: "Goodreads is interviewing author J.D. Robb for the monthly newsletter and I've been asked to submit questions! Many of you may have received the same message but in case you haven't and want to par..."

how does she manage to come up with different characters all the tine

message 20: by Paula (new)

Paula | 245 comments Why doesn't Eve and Roarke ever discussed having children. I know that it is not something Robb wants to add to the mix, but they never discuss it as a couple.

message 21: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments Sure, Roarke has said he wants them one day and Eve has a panic attack each time lol.

message 22: by Brittany (new)

Brittany I've always wondered what date Eve uses as a date of birth since they estimated she was about 8 when found in Dallas. we know Roarke just took a shot at his DOB because he knew he was born in the first week of October (until he found official record of his birth later on).

message 23: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments I forget which book, maybe Conspiracy, and she tell Dr Mira that she does not know her DOB while in testing. But it is a very good question about how she gets ID etc without one?

message 24: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Dawn wrote: "I forget which book, maybe Conspiracy, and she tell Dr Mira that she does not know her DOB while in testing. But it is a very good question about how she gets ID etc without one?"

Exactly what I was thinking. She has to have one (even if it's not accurate) for legal purposes. I wondered if they used the date she was found in Dallas as the date and then went back 8 years for the year?

message 25: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments It is an excellent question.

message 26: by Jonetta (new)

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful questions. I submitted them for consideration late last night (the deadline).

message 27: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Brittany wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I forget which book, maybe Conspiracy, and she tell Dr Mira that she does not know her DOB while in testing. But it is a very good question about how she gets ID etc without one?"

Exa..."

I think when they found her in Dallas and found out she wasn't in the system, they probably just assigned it to her.

message 28: by Tarri (new)

Tarri As to the DOB question, wouldn't she have been able to back track once she found her father's real name, can't remember if her mother was using her real name or not.

message 29: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments Tara, they never registered her. There is no record of her with any government agency until she is found at age 8.

message 30: by Jonetta (new)

Michael wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "Thanks everyone for your thoughtful questions. I submitted them for consideration late last night (the deadline)."

Too late—and I just came up with a great question: Would Nora be ..."

Lol! I doubt that GR would have let that one through:)

message 31: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Do we know when the interview is coming out?

message 32: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10396 comments Mod
Look for the interview in February in the Goodreads Newsletter and online:
http://www.goodreads.com/voice

message 33: by Brittany (new)

Brittany I didn't see the interview in the newsletter. Did I overlook it or did it not end up in February?

message 34: by Jonetta (new)

It wasn't there and Goodreads hasn't offered an explanation. Maybe in March.

I'll follow up.

message 35: by Sandra (new)

I've been looking for it also.

message 36: by Jonetta (new)

I sent a query.

message 37: by Ariel (new)

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 48 comments I thought I was missing something when I didn't see it in the newsletter. Hopefully we'll see something soon.

message 38: by Lori (new)

Lori | 11 comments I'm so glad someone else mentioned this. I spend way too long looking for it...

message 39: by Mina (new)

Mina Khan (spicebites) | 2 comments I'll keep an eye out for it in the March newsletter...great questions everyone! Can't wait to read her answers :D

message 40: by Jonetta (new)

I never got an answer back from the person asking for input. Hopefully it will be included in March.

message 41: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 633 comments Michael,

The topic if Eve's promotion comes up every now and then in the IN DEATH. And she doesn't want it.

Whitney would love to promote her, but Eve always turns him down.

She loves Homicide and gang of Det. The biggest reason she doesn't want the promotion is that she'd be off the streets and most if all she hates paper work and pencil pushing.

I don't think she could take Peabody with her if she got promoted.

message 42: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I remember those times. I also think if she got promoted it'd take her out of the field.

message 43: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I also think that Eve realized that her job wasn't EVERYTHING to her anymore. Now, that she had Roarke. In one of the books I believe she mentions this.

message 44: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments I think it was in Thankless that she turned down the promotion and she told Whitney that she used to live the job and now she does not. Also said she couldn't do the job if she promoted

message 45: by Sandra (new)

Is there any news on when this interview will appear? Or did I miss it?

message 46: by Jonetta (new)

Nope.

message 47: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2332 comments My thoughts on where the interview went? There was so many authors interviewed that instead of a newsletter it became a booklet. Anyway they could still just give us a reason or a mention, or something for goodness sake

message 48: by Sandra (new)

I agree, Michelle!

message 49: by Jonetta (new)

Me, too. They could at least say something.

message 50: by Jonetta (new)

Here's the response I just received after my second follow-up:

"Apologies for the slow reply! I hadn't yet looked at all of these submissions, because unfortunately J.D. Robb was unable to participate at this time. Thank you for the wonderful submissions. We're saving all fan questions for a later date in hopes that we can reschedule."

« previous 1