Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Crimson Shell
This topic is about Crimson Shell
Group Reads > Crimson Shell Discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mike | 239 comments Mod
"Rescued from the darkness by Xeno, a mysterious swordsman, Claudia the Rose Witch is the foundation of the Crimson-Shell, a special division of the Red Rose-an organization aiming to capture the results of one mad scientist's experiments, the deadly Black Roses. But when Xeno's loyalties are called into question, will Claudia be strong enough to believe in her dearest friend? And what is the color of the rose blooming in Xeno's heart-a deep, passionate crimson...or a traitorous jet-black? "

Crimson Shell is the first manga done by the creator of Pandora Hearts and is complete in one volume.

Discuss here! :)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 389 comments Mod
I wish there was more Crimson Shell. It's such a great concept, I wish it had been just a little longer.

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Me too. Really could have been fleshed out more. It's good for it's length though.

Don't remember the details too well, so am looking forward to reading this again with the group.

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Reread. Fantastic premise and characters. It's nice to have a complete story like this in a single book, but each chapter has practically an entire volume's worth of twists and plot development. What's here certainly could've supported a much longer story with more details without losing any impact or momentum. Having five or six major reveals in a one volume tale is insane.

Executed well for the length though, and is well worth reading.

message 5: by Ash (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ash | 74 comments Just started reading this but better late than never, right? It seems promising so far & just knowing it's from the same author of Pandora Hearts makes me want to read it more. It should not take me long to catch up at all.

Ash wrote: "It should not take me long to catch up at all. "

Especially since it's a one shot. ;)

I really like this one. What do you think (when you finish it)?

message 7: by Ash (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ash | 74 comments I would definitely love to discuss this one with you, especially since it is by the author of Pandora Hearts. I don't know if you are a Pandora Hearts fan, I love it. I am getting a bit tired of waiting on new chapters, however,as I seem to be with so many many manga series lately.

Mike | 239 comments Mod
I've only read a volume or two of Pandora Hearts so far, but have loved what I read. Being the same author is part of what originally attracted me to this.

message 9: by Ash (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ash | 74 comments Pandora Hearts was completely addictive to me, at least until it became what seems like years for new chapters to come out. As annoying as that is, do not let that stop you from reading all of the other chapters. It is such a great story with incredibly beautiful artwork. I know you obviously already have so much to read, but Pandora Hearts is a classic.

Pandora's getting close to a close (volume 22 says that 23'll be the last one, but GR lists a 24, so we'll see).

I really liked Claudia. I love characters who rise to the challenge. She's also just so entertaining to read about.

I kind of wish that Mochizuki-sensei will do a series based on it, since Pandora Hearts is so different.

message 11: by Ash (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ash | 74 comments I am about to read the final chapter & I almost do not want to because with every chapter I enjoy this story more more.

message 12: by Ash (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ash | 74 comments I really enjoyed reading this. As I stated earlier I am a huge fan of Pandora Hearts and it was interesting to see some similarities(more so in the appearance of characters in the story), yet how it was a completely different story. I could not help but see Alice when I looked at Claudia, but then I really liked Claudia's character, and I have loved the character of Alice for over a year now. I too, would love for the author to continue this series, especially because, as you said Selena, it is a great story in its' own right and completely individual from Pandora Hearts.
On a side note, I do indeed Pandora Hearts will be coming to a conclusion soon because it has been breaking my heart for what seems like years now. How great would it be if after the conclusion of Pandora Hearts, Crimson Shell picks up where it left off and becomes the author's next series?

That would be awesome. There'd need to be some teaks to make Crimson Shell a longer series. It kind of plops in the middle of the story, so if Mochizuki-sensei picked it up again, she might have to create a beginning for it as well.