On Paths Unknown discussion

Rant
This topic is about Rant
MEMBER'S THREADS > Rant by Chuck Palanuik

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Traveller (last edited Jan 20, 2015 08:04AM) (new)

Traveller (moontravlr) | 2460 comments Mod
Hi everybody, discussion folder for Rant by Chuck Palahniuk.

Blurb: Buster “Rant” Casey just may be the most efficient serial killer of our time. A high school rebel, Rant Casey escapes from his small town home for the big city where he becomes the leader of an urban demolition derby called Party Crashing. Rant Casey will die a spectacular highway death, after which his friends gather the testimony needed to build an oral history of his short, violent life.

Is there anybody who wants to read/discuss this book with us?

Ruth will be telling us why she believes this book is a must-read for aspiring writers. Over to you, Ruth! ;)

mercurialmadness (m3rcurialmadness) | 7 comments The concept of this book sounds very interesting and as I have read other of his books before I would like to know why this is a must read.

message 3: by Traveller (new)

Traveller (moontravlr) | 2460 comments Mod
Come, Ruth, come and sell your product to us... ;)

message 4: by Saski (new) - added it

Saski (sissah) | 399 comments Whoa, sorry I missed this. I'm afraid I don't know anything about it except that it was on a list of books would be writers should read. The argument that person used was: (It's quirky, obliquely violent, and amazingly creative, Rant follows the life of a boy who goes from purposely getting himself bitten by poisonous spiders and wild animals to crashing cars and spreading rabies with Nightimers. Just, WOW.)

And now you know as much as I do.

mercurialmadness (m3rcurialmadness) | 7 comments I think the fact that, that is all you know makes me want to read it more. We should all jump in eyes closed, head first!

message 6: by Saski (new) - added it

Saski (sissah) | 399 comments You go first and I will follow. :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I have gone off of Chuck Palahniuk, but neverthless Rant is an excellent book. Fully entertaining.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rant (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Chuck Palahniuk (other topics)