Children's Books discussion

The Spider Plant
This topic is about The Spider Plant
Misc. Archive > Please help me find this book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Meads | 94 comments I have been racking my brains out here. But I read a book when I was younger about a girl who had a spider plant. I think she grew it and gave the offshoots or babies to others. The cover of the book had a picture of the girl and the spider plant. I just can't remember the title.

message 2: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (charlotte_riggle) | 93 comments Can you provide a hint about the dates the book might have been published? It sounds vaguely familiar to me.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Meads | 94 comments I believe that I got the book back in the late 60s or early 70s.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Meads | 94 comments That might be the book and I probably got a later edition. The picture I remember was a young girl in braids holding the plant and the background was maybe buildings. It was a realistic picture, almost like a painting/illustration. Thanks for helping me out here.

message 6: by Cheryl struggles to catch up, Newbery Club host (last edited Jan 19, 2015 01:55PM) (new) - added it

Cheryl struggles to catch up (cherylllr) | 6542 comments Mod
The Spider Plant also has this cover:
The Spider Plant by Yetta Speevack

message 7: by Cheryl struggles to catch up, Newbery Club host (new) - added it

And another is in my photos on my profile page: https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Meads | 94 comments That's it. The bottom photo is the one I remember. She's holding the plant and smiling. Thanks so much.

message 9: by Cheryl struggles to catch up, Newbery Club host (new) - added it

You're very welcome.
I couldn't have done it without Charlotte, though.

message 10: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (charlotte_riggle) | 93 comments Beth, thank you for the link to the "name that book" group! I'm glad to know they exist. :-)

message 11: by Cheryl struggles to catch up, Newbery Club host (new) - added it

Since this has been solved, I'm moving it to the Archive folder.