What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Footloose
This topic is about Footloose
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA set in Greece - main character was a girl from England or Ireland who broke up with her boyfriend and left to spend the summer in Greece with her friends [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari | 2 comments The cover was blue with a postcard on the back.

I believe it was a YA. The main character was a girl from England or Ireland who broke up with her boyfriend and left to spend the summer in Greece with her friends.

I had to have read it before or around 2004.

message 2: by Nachelle (new)

Nachelle | 146 comments Long shot because it's not YA, but just in case- "Nights of Rain and Stars" by Maeve Binchy. Main character from Ireland, breaks up with boyfriend, set in Greece. Blue cover, but not sure about postcard.

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2954 comments Footloose by Kate Cann?
According to the summary, the main character and her boyfriend almost break up, before deciding that they should spend the summer on separate holidays (she goes to Greece with two friends). It looks like she sends him postcards so there could well be a postcard on the back cover.

message 4: by Ari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari | 2 comments Becca wrote: "Footloose by Kate Cann?
According to the summary, the main character and her boyfriend almost break up, before deciding that they should spend the summer on separate holidays (she go..."

Yes! That's the book. The original title, or at least the edition I read, was called Grecian Holiday: Or, How I Turned Down the Best Possible Thing Only to Have the Time of My Life. Thank you!!

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 20153 comments Grecian Holiday for the link to the alternate title.