What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

You Don't Know Me
This topic is about You Don't Know Me
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book about troubled boy in high school. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Talia (new)

Talia (ottola) | 6 comments I read this book in 2007 and I believe it was published in the early 2000s possibly late 90s.

The cover was gray/black with red scribbly words and I believe it had a male author.

The book was YA/maybe middle grade but I’m pretty sure the main character was in high school. He had a troubled relationship with a parent and he had a crush on a popular girl at school. At some point she snuck him into her house (and I think they were caught)

Weirdly specific memory but I remember one scene (possibly a school dance) where the main character’s crush wore a blue tank top and black jeans?

I read it in 5th grade and I remember it being inappropriate for that age level.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35362 comments Mod
Talia, that's a good start, but we need more information in the header at the top of the page. Many members only read the headers. We have thousands of YA requests.

Copy more plot details from your message #1 to the header by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 4: by Talia (new)

Talia (ottola) | 6 comments Ahhh yes it is You Don’t Know Me! Thanks so much!

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5211 comments You're very welcome.