The Sword and Laser discussion

Finder (Finder Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Finder
Finder > Fin: First Contact with the Enemy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Steve (plinth) | 179 comments "No plan survives first contact with the enemy." - Helmuth van Moltke

Initially, I was thinking that Fergus was a mirror universe Marty Stew - someone who was good at everything but nothing ever went right. After the first two of his plans went horribly wrong, I realized that I was reading to see how his next plan was going to fail.
(view spoiler) I felt some of the set-ups for failures were telegraphed a little too much, but I didn't really hold that against the author. All in good fun.
There's was one quote that gave me a nice chuckle from the story "There’s going to be a brisk business in new underwear on this side of the Halo after that."

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1653 comments He looked like a jack of all trade and master of none to me. The sword thing, was it the one in Mars? That one got me chuckled.

Melina | 44 comments I'm about halfway thru and found his little excursion to the sex toy shop amusing... and the subsequent deconstruction of dildos funny! Honestly, having a tough time getting into this story.

Tamahome | 6363 comments I got a little ansy with mars stuff but after that it's good fun.

Trike | 8768 comments Tamahome wrote: "I got a little ansy with mars stuff but after that it's good fun."

Am I having a Groundhog Day?

Tamahome | 6363 comments Or it's a Happy Death Day.

Trike | 8768 comments Read Die Repeat

Fresno Bob | 586 comments I wrote "Mary Sue" in my review, but in further thinking, he's more "super lucky" than "super competent", other than around Shipbuilder love of cartoons. More Lazurus Long or Longshot than Batman or James Bond