What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

If You Find Me
This topic is about If You Find Me
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Novel About a Girl Integrating into American Society After Living in the Wild [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tabitha (new) - added it

Tabitha | 7 comments I read this book about 4/5 years ago in 2015/16 in high school, my English teacher let me borrow it and it had a yellow cover, potentially with trees on it. It was written in English and it was a fairly new book, probably published between 2008 and 2015. It was set somewhere in a central state of America and I believe it was by a female author. It was about this girl who lived with her mother (and maybe a younger sibling?) in a caravan in the woods and her mum prostitutes her to random men. She gets taken away and lives with her uncle and aunt and has to integrate into society, where she seems a little feral. All I remember is that her perception of others is skewed due to her upbringing. Does anyone know what this book could be? It’s really annoying me! Thanks:)

message 2: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Wiseman (gillianwiseman) | 183 comments I recognize this book. I think my library owns it; it may have been on an awards list, or maybe on YALSA's teen top ten voting list the year it came out. I think the mother was mentally ill and either dies or is put into some sort of facility and the girls get fostered with their aunt/uncle. There's definitely a younger sister. I will see if I can figure out what it might be.

message 4: by Tabitha (new) - added it

Tabitha | 7 comments Yes that’s it! Thank you so much for your help:)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
You're welcome!