The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

The Archived (The Archived, #1)
This topic is about The Archived
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > The Archived (October 2020) Buddy Read Discussion ~ Mina & Laura

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 1118 comments Mod
Welcome to the The Archived Buddy Read Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on October 1st and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each day we will be reading by chapters or page numbers. Page numbers are an approximation based on the hardcover or paperback that is the default on Goodreads. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 10/01
Oct 01: 50%
Oct 02: 50%

PARTICIPANTS
~ Mina
~ Laura

message 2: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2427 comments Mod
So I started reading a bit of today's chapters because it's after midnight and I couldn't wait 😅 I only read the first three.

Have any of you read Schwab's Savage song? It gives me that same vibe while listening to it, which is a good sign. Also, the MC does something maybe not the same as the MC in Savage song, but close enough. The concept of Histories and Keepers is intriguing so I'm looking forward to finding out more tomorrow.

Laura ☾ | 1003 comments I will start later!

Yes I have read both This Savage Song and the sequel! Ooh that’s intriguing

Laura ☾ | 1003 comments Chapter 6 - (view spoiler) HAhahahah I died!

Chapter 9 - (view spoiler)

Ok I'm already at the halfway point and might continue today as I don't think I'll have much time to read tomorrow!

Laura ☾ | 1003 comments Chapter 22 (view spoiler)

Chapter 24 (view spoiler)

message 6: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2427 comments Mod
So I don't know why, but I thought her parents bought an old hotel or something, and that the whole building is theirs so that she can freely explore. Sneaking out became more complicated.

The thing I mentioned that is like in Savage song, is that Mac also imagines another her that's different and normal. I like that :D

Also, Wes yes! It's adorable I'm glad she won't be that alone in her Keeper business.

I'm intrigued about the murder.
I have yet to read something that Schwab wrote and I didn't like, but I think I especially enjoy her YA books that are not the typical YA.

I've read 17 chapters. I wanted to read more but I got distracted and watched some yt videos, so I'm just going to go read my other buddy read now.

Laura ☾ | 1003 comments Ooh yes! I’ve also I liked all of Schwab’s books. Have you read the Near Witch?

message 8: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2427 comments Mod
No, that one and The Archived series books are the only ones I still haven't read, but I'm at least fixing one of those :D I'm surely going to get to it eventually.

Laura ☾ | 1003 comments I actually really enjoyed it!

So I finished the book and I really enjoyed it!

Will you be reading the rest of the series too?

message 10: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2427 comments Mod
Yes, that's the plan. You wanna read it now, I mean soon after this book?

Laura ☾ | 1003 comments Yes! I’m pretty tied up in terms of buddy reads until mid-month but maybe then?

message 12: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2427 comments Mod
If you plan on reading it I'm in. And yeah, mid-month sounds great because I too have a lot of BRs in the first half of the month.

Laura ☾ | 1003 comments mina wrote: "If you plan on reading it I'm in. And yeah, mid-month sounds great because I too have a lot of BRs in the first half of the month."

Perfect!

message 14: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2427 comments Mod
I finished it too. I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Yeah, the kissing with Owen was a bit surprising, but I guess I understand her. She's constantly surrounded by noise she can't keep out so when she discovered he's keeping the sounds out *shrugs* he was really tempting. Him turning out to be the bad guy is quite cliche, but since it's Schwab it's okay 😂

Laura ☾ | 1003 comments Yes! I’m curious to see how the second book will go

message 16: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat | Bookocraze (bookocraze) | 181 comments Hey there! I finished the book a couple hours ago (I was late because I was so busy these past couple days *sigh*) but wow! I read over 50% in just one sitting!

I must admit that at first I thought Wes was the bad guy, haha. He was just too cheerful for me, so *naturally* I thought he was a fake. :D

message 17: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2427 comments Mod
Yeah, he was friendly and that brings up some alarms. My first thought of him was that he was a History xD

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.