What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Song Quest (The Echorium Sequence, #1)
This topic is about Song Quest
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. "crossing a thousand steps in a single stride" looking for an older book. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jazzalope (new)

Jazzalope | 2 comments the range of years for when I read this book is, at broadest, 2004-2007, and it was either fantasy or adventure (or a fusion of the two).

the general plot is that there is a learning institution, I believe with religion attached, where members dyed their hair blue (blue curls was used as a descriptor) and became senior members when they "crossed the thousand [hundred?] steps in a single stride." the setting was nearby the sea iirc.

the book had two main characters. the first was a boy who no longer wanted to be there and escaped. the second was a young girl, with her mentor. while I don't think the characters actually interacted much, the girl and her mentor eventually intercepted the boy and brought him back to the institution where he intended to become a senior member by doing the aforementioned x steps crossing. I also have distinct memories of the girl and her mentor arguing in a cabin on a boat/ship.

sorry if this is vague, I've been looking for this book for years and I read it in 5th grade. it's effectively my white whale at this point.

message 3: by Jazzalope (new)

Jazzalope | 2 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Song Quest"

I wish I'd found this group years ago. This is definitely the one! Thanks!

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19567 comments You're welcome, glad to help out!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Song Quest (other topics)